Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
69,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More talks of expansion and it is heating up.

We already know next season there will be a team in Toronto named Inter Toronto.

Also there are talks that Philadelphia will get a team in a few years but they will play in a soccer specific stadium at Rowan University in NJ. Also Cleveland and another team in the NY/NJ area are being talked about as well as Rochester who have been hoping for an MLS team for years now

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Bring it to Saint Louis, MLS wont be dissapointed

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
Also Cleveland and another team in the NY/NJ area are being talked about as well as Rochester who have been hoping for an MLS team for years now
Screw Cleveland and the NY area they already have teams in there states i think Detroit and Philadelphia should be next to get a team.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Ambis said:
Screw Cleveland and the NY area they already have teams in there states i think Detroit and Philadelphia should be next to get a team.
Bitch, don't you dare take a team away from Cleveland. Why would Detroit get a team? They haven't even shown any interest. I think Cleveland and Philly should get the next teams. There's too much expansion on the West coast. We need more teams in the midwest/east.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Hey guys, i never post here but i may change that soon...

i have an interest in the MLS thanks to having a lot of friends in Florida, however for about 2 years i have had no idea who to support in your league thanks to their being no team anywhere near Fl, as Awesom-O just said.

However i have been to Toronto and loved it, so do you have any more info on their MLS team, like their logo, jersey, colours? stuff like that cause im seriously considering following them.

One more question....Toronto's in Canada.....why are they allowed in the MLS?!

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
There isn't that much info on the Toronto team, they won't begin play until next season. Their situation is kinda like how Cardiff play in the English Football Leagues. FIFA approved their admission into MLS.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Awesom-O said:
No MLS team is in the South. The closest is DC United I believe.

Houston Dynamo & FC Dallas, I thinks, qualifies.

I would like to see a team in Birmingham, Al and another, or 2 in Florida.

·
Registered
69,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesom-O said:
No MLS team is in the South. The closest is DC United I believe.
Charleston, SC has an outside chance. Maybe not in the next few years but they will be considered. They are a successful USL team and have a nice stadium. Charleston is also a very nice city but the problem is it may not be considered a "top tier" sports city

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
shieldos_s9 said:
When do you think we're likely to get some more news on Inter T? Like colours, logos, jerseys etc
Nothing till September I would imagine. All the marketing will be done before the Christmas rush

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Magic said:
Bitch, don't you dare take a team away from Cleveland. Why would Detroit get a team? They haven't even shown any interest. I think Cleveland and Philly should get the next teams. There's too much expansion on the West coast. We need more teams in the midwest/east.
You already have the Crew isnt that enough for you? or do you want an Ohio derby :tongue:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Ambis said:
You already have the Crew isnt that enough for you? or do you want an Ohio derby :tongue:
The crew sucks and they are hoping to get at least 1 team that might be able to compete. :howler:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,446 Posts
TP said:
Houston Dynamo & FC Dallas, I thinks, qualifies.

I would like to see a team in Birmingham, Al and another, or 2 in Florida.

Im with ya 100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
HajdukSplit said:
Charleston, SC has an outside chance. Maybe not in the next few years but they will be considered. They are a successful USL team and have a nice stadium. Charleston is also a very nice city but the problem is it may not be considered a "top tier" sports city

None of this will happen until there is one owner per team. Then and only then will MLS be able to "import" the best from the USL, like Rochester, Atlanta, Charlotte, Charlston, Seattle, Portland, Vancouver, Montreal, Minneapolis, etc ...

The franchise fee will go up from the present $25-26Mil, but with many of these USL teams having their own stadiums, the transition may not be as financially painfull as for a new start up without their own park.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
How come Tampa Bay and Miami lost their teams to begin with? Was it because of bankruptcy or lack of fan interest/attendance?
Or a combination of these 2 factors? :confused:

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
How come Tampa Bay and Miami lost their teams to begin with? Was it because of bankruptcy or lack of fan interest/attendance?
Or a combination of these 2 factors? :confused:

Florida is a bad sports area outside of of football of course.

Plus the waether stinks for outdoor sports. Nobody wants to watch a game when its 95 degrees and 100% humidity. Your gonna pack the old folks in a stadium with those kind of conditions. The Marlins have the same problem.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I love Flodrida I go there every year for vacation Clearwater to be exact I doont care what people I say I love America I love going there and maybe will live there one day. St Louis might be good ive been there as well great city lots of Bosnians over there so I think there would be alot of interests.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts