Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
>>> The 2004/05 Serie A campaign will begin on August 29, the Italian Football League announced today.
The new tournament, which will now have 20 and not 18 teams, will end on May 29, 2005.
In order to fit in the extra games, there will be two midweek rounds on September 22, 2004, and October 27, 2004. >>>

Look at this year's lopsided table and tell me this league should support another two minnows! There's hardly any room in the schedule as it is, and the expansion will do nothing to create parity in the league - quite the opposite, actually. There used to be a half-dozen sisters; now what? 3. How will adding another two clubs to the top flight improve the league in any way? The players are worn out as it is. I think the proposal is stupid and should be reconsidered. There's no use in watering down a good thing. The league should be moving in opposite directions, namely evening out the playing fields with revenue sharing and salary caps.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Adding 2 places will help to even out the field Primo, a lot of the smaller clubs were and are saying that an extra 2 spots will help them financially because of the benefits that come with playing in Serie A...

Salary caps...will come but it will take time because of Italian politics...

Revenue sharing will never happen. Milan and Juve will do what they have done since the introduction of TV money and say most of the viewing audience is Milanista and Juventino and so we deserve the biggest slice of the pie.

Smaller clubs will never be able to close the gap with bigger clubs because the system doesn't allow for it...atleast giving them 2 extra places will help even if it makes a marginal difference. Most clubs promoted see a huge rise in season ticket sales and the added crumbs from TV Revenue does help some what...

Oh and for the amount of money footballers earn, I'm not going to complain with the extra game...give me 30k a week and I play twice a week...even 3 times per week for a whole year. Make no mistake about it...players moaning I couldn't care about, they are getting paid artificially inflated wages and they have no right to complain what so ever...:groan:

·
Registered
45,552 Posts
I'd go for a 16 clubs league too. :eek:

Since there is no way to avoid the 20 clubs league, at least I hope that this year some clubs with money or big attendances, or at least tradition will be promoted.

The ideal (considering the actual table of serie B) would be Palermo (money and attendances), Atalanta (tradition), Piacenza (indeed nothing! but I think they will be promoted for sure so we have to accept this crappy club), Cagliari (more money than most of the little clubs in serie A now, attendances and tradition), Torino (no money till now, but tradition and "potential" attendances) and Fiorentina (everything).

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
That's interesting Toni...Parma have no money...no attendance...and a little tradition...:eek: :D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Well serie B has to be ironed out after the shamozzle from last season.20 teams is good for smaller clubs but the season will just go on for longer and the congestion for Fixtures just makes it even worse for clubs and Players.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Schumy said:
Well serie B has to be ironed out after the shamozzle from last season.20 teams is good for smaller clubs but the season will just go on for longer and the congestion for Fixtures just makes it even worse for clubs and Players.
It won't be longer...they will just have more games in one week somewhere...:)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
GaGa said:
You have money...it's just your president is greedy...:tongue:

are you kidding? :howler: :howler: :howler:
our president have not a big company like Fiat,or Cirio or Parmalata or ......
he's owner of one little company in Friuli that is too little that i cant recall the name!!!:howler:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Arianna said:
are you kidding? :howler: :howler: :howler:
our president have not a big company like Fiat,or Cirio or Parmalata or ......
he's owner of one little company in Friuli that is too little that i cant recall the name!!!:howler:
Well with Udinese selling all the time surely the money goes somewhere right?

Plus how do you know Marino doesn't have some other business on the side making him money. :tongue: fraud...drugs...;)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
GaGa said:
Well with Udinese selling all the time surely the money goes somewhere right?

Plus how do you know Marino doesn't have some other business on the side making him money. :tongue: fraud...drugs...;)
Marino is not our president :D
he's only the "direttore sportivo"....(i dunno in english who is! lol)

our president is Gino Pozzo...no better say The Pozzo's family :D ( Gino, and his son Giampaolo are the Udinese owners ).
They're nice persons .... they are true Udinese fans:D .... i don't think they make money in bad way:yuck:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Arianna said:
Marino is not our president :D
he's only the "direttore sportivo"....(i dunno in english who is! lol)

our president is Gino Pozzo...no better say The Pozzo's family :D ( Gino, and his son Giampaolo are the Udinese owners ).
They're nice persons .... they are true Udinese fans:D .... i don't think they make money in bad way:yuck:
Ahhh ok...

I believe you then if you say they don't make money the illegal way...

Pozzo...*cough* Pazzo *cough*...:tongue:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
20 teams would be good. That's 38 matches. Gives Milan the chance to break the record number of points in a season, which we will achieve in a matter of weeks.

:pp

1 - 20 of 25 Posts