Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
34,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer:

Zaccardo and Barzagli to Wolfsburg.

Amelia seems bound for Germany or Spain (if Milan don't form a late bid) with Palermo signing Abbiati.

Lanzafame ---> West Ham.

Who else?? Di Natale was connected to Wolfsburg last year.

·
Registered
34,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zac and Barz aren't rumours.

... and Abbiati* and Lanzafame aren't just rumours.

*Amelia will leave Livorno, certainly, and I can't see any other club than Milan taking him, as it stands.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Where is everyone getting this West Ham/Lanzafame rumor from??

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
wtf are barzagli and zaccardo stupid!!! why got to wolfsburg and German league their standards is so much lower then serie a and they are taking a huge step back for their career.

Guess they dont want to play for the azzuri ever again!

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Indeed why would Barzagli go to Wolfsburg? :wth:

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Obviously there must be a reason, maybe Fiorentina werent that interested and maybe didnt want to pay for him. However it is still a screwed up choice.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
and wolfsburg are richer then Fiorentina??? Wtf they dont have a rich owner or a large fan base in germany??? Where do they get this money from? I dont understand.

Morienho i hate this "he has a family to take care of" crap!
So what are you saying that Fiorentina would have starved him to death? He would have been able to get by from what they gave him. From what I understood Fiorentina are offering like 1.5M per season and Wolfsburg 1.6M or something like that so its not like it makes a difference. He is jepordizing his whole career for such a small sum of money.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Apparently there was 200,000 euros separating what Barzagli wanted and what Fiorentina were willing to offer him, so he accepted Wolfsburg instead.

I have to say, i think they would've made a good fit, it seems silly for Viola to lose out on him just because a relatively small sum like that. Okay, cumulatively it adds up but he's a solid player who would've improved them.

Btw, people who think this is the end of his Azzurro career i think are being very premature, there's no reason why he won't be selected if he does well in Germany. The Bundesliga is still a top league in Europe.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
You can hardly call Zaccardo and Barzagli leaving an exodus btw. If they are going to a team like Wolfsburg then they are obviously either not that good or not ready for a real challange so they wont be missed.

As for the other 2 its still just speculation.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Apparently there was 200,000 euros separating what Barzagli wanted and what Fiorentina were willing to offer him, so he accepted Wolfsburg instead.

I have to say, i think they would've made a good fit, it seems silly for Viola to lose out on him just because a relatively small sum like that. Okay, cumulatively it adds up but he's a solid player who would've improved them.

Btw, people who think this is the end of his Azzurro career i think are being very premature, there's no reason why he won't be selected if he does well in Germany. The Bundesliga is still a top league in Europe.
Dude its wolfsburg. He should have stayed at palermo he would have been better off. Im sorry but Wolfsburg is not a big team even in Germany. I dont understand why he didnt go to Fiorentina. Guess he was stubborn about the money.

You cannot compare Fiorentina to wolfsburg i am sorry. Its a bad career move and he made it just because of a small amount of money.

·
Registered
34,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
and wolfsburg are richer then Fiorentina??? Wtf they dont have a rich owner or a large fan base in germany??? Where do they get this money from? I dont understand.

So what are you saying that Fiorentina would have starved him to death? He would have been able to get by from what they gave him. From what I understood Fiorentina are offering like 1.5M per season and Wolfsburg 1.6M or something like that so its not like it makes a difference. He is jepordizing his whole career for such a small sum of money.
There's speculation he'll earn more than €2m at Wolfsburg - probably closer €3m - at Wolfsburg.

€200.000 seperated him and Corvino - according to Fiorentina. That doesn't mean Wolfsburg didn't offer even more.

Bundesliga is on the up due to the fact that they draw large crowds, etc...

·
Registered
34,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

There's speculation he'll earn more than €2m at Wolfsburg - probably closer €3m - at Wolfsburg.

€200.000 seperated him and Corvino - according to Fiorentina. That doesn't mean Wolfsburg didn't offer even more.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts

I know I understand him wanting to go to the bundesliga. But couldnt he go to one of the big teams like Bayern, Schalke 04 or Werder.

Wolfsburg do not get as large of crows as the big teams in Germany. 1st of all the city is small 2nd of all the stadium only fits 30 000. I remember when Martin Petrov played for them.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Also I dont see the career upgrade in moving from an average Italian team to an average German one. All it takes is for some youngsters in Italy to perform well and Barzagli could lose the potential starting spot he should gain for the NT after the Euro...

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
From what I understand, Wolfsburg does have a bit of money and a very ambitious agenda. They'll be playing UEFA Cup football next season and have ChL ambitions. I don't think the move makes too much sense for Barzagli who has the opportunity to stay in Italy and play ChL football for what seems like a marginally smaller wage, but I have to say props to Wolfsburg for this project they've got.

Other than that there's not a huge exodus I think. Especially considering that there will be players coming in. Bianchi was on loan at Lazio from Man City, but I imagine he might return to the peninsula on a permanent basis, Abbiati is likely coming back as well. We could see Zambrotta back this summer as well.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Dude its wolfsburg. He should have stayed at palermo he would have been better off. Im sorry but Wolfsburg is not a big team even in Germany. I dont understand why he didnt go to Fiorentina. Guess he was stubborn about the money.

You cannot compare Fiorentina to wolfsburg i am sorry. Its a bad career move and he made it just because of a small amount of money.
I understand what you mean and i agree to a certain extent that this will impede his career somewhat, but at the same time if Fiorentina are going to be so stubborn as to not meet the extra 200,000 he wanted, that would hardly make him want to join them.

I don't know what Wolsburg has offered him, but if Morierinho is right then i can't blame him for going for the money. He's 27, this would be the time for a big money deal.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts