Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lippi: Juve will not give in Sunday 8 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcello Lippi insists that Juventus have no intention of giving up the Scudetto chase despite lagging eight points behind the leaders.

“This is a message to those Juventus fans who I understand will be downhearted this evening: Nobody here is giving up.”

Many have ruled the Bianconeri – who have lifted the last two Italian titles – out of the running after tonight’s 4-0 drubbing at the hands of Roma.

“If anyone out there thinks Juve will let go of this Scudetto then they can take that idea right out of their heads,” added Lippi. “This is not over.”

The worst Bianconeri defence for forty years reared its ugly head once more by conceding four goals.

“Quite simply Juventus were in the game until we went 2-0 down,” he insisted. “When I was preparing the substitution of our two players who were already booked Paolo Montero was sent off and that was the end of that.”

“Today we conceded a goal on a set-piece so I don’t think Olivier Dacourt’s strike can be blamed on the defence. The penalty and the red card moments later turned the game.”

Despite dominating much of the first half, Roma went into the half-time break only 1-0 up and added to their tally in the closing stages.

“Most of Roma’s chances up until that point were chaotic moves or individual moments of magic such as when Francesco Totti rattled the crossbar, but it was a balanced encounter.”

There was controversy and surprise before the game when Alessandro Del Piero was sent to the stands, but Lippi assures there is no story to discuss.

“Del Piero suffered a muscular problem during yesterday’s training session and we tried to get him back to full fitness in time for the match. New tests showed it was a minor strain and we could not risk it. There is no mystery.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Football Italia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A balanced match"? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Lippi, YOU ARE A DISGRACE!

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
UltraGeo said:

Lippi: Nobody here is giving up.

What, like we didn't give up tonight?

Sadly, it's no longer in our hands and we don't deserve to be Champions.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
With being 5 points back it was in our hands? I fail to see the difference. 14 matches are left and in Serie A over the past several years that has proved to be quite a lot. Did we throw in the towel last season when Milan were winter champs?

Montero's actions turned the match. Who knows how it would have ended if he didnt lose his cool.

And what excuses is Lippi making? Do you want him to give up? Some coach that would be, that gives up. Get your heads out of the sand.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
polaris said:
With being 5 points back it was in our hands? I fail to see the difference. 14 matches are left and in Serie A over the past several years that has proved to be quite a lot. Did we throw in the towel last season when Milan were winter champs?

Montero's actions turned the match. Who knows how it would have ended if he didnt lose his cool.

And what excuses is Lippi making? Do you want him to give up? Some coach that would be, that gives up. Get your heads out of the sand.
Do you expect Milan to fail again? I don't.

Lippi isn't soley blame of course, but saying we won't give up after the team played as if they had BEFORE Montero was sent off is bullshit to my ears.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was clearly NOT a balanced encounter... Of course he is giving an excuse... He is denying that Juve played as bad as they did. And it's obvious that Roma rolled us over... Roma raped us, and this guy Lippi still says "it was a balanced encounter".

Montero's stupidities just made matters worse, but with or without bim, we were already pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Lippi said what he said, if he and the team are not gonna give up its show me time. Talk is cheap!
And nothing is over till its over. Yeah we took a big hit, not the first time and wont be the last. Time to suck it up a remind everyone what Juventus is all about.
Roma played a great match, I have no problem losing to a team that was better on the night, we must continue to fight!
bianconeri with the highs...
bianconeri with the lows!

FORZA JUVE!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
its over!!! milan and roma can fight it out because juve is disgrace at the moment!

the only excuse Lippi has is that he panics and cannot make decisions in big games. the CL final last season saw ridiculas decisions in the starting line up, the first game against roma this season was the same. now this line up again!!

the line ups suggest that he wants juve to lose...fuking dont show up to the game if your going to have miccoli, maresca, appiah, tudor, ferrara all on bench and del piero injured.

there is no excuse tonight except poor management.

Roma just reminded moggi and lippi of their mistakes this season.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Polaris and Deka,give yourselves a huge pat on the back ,for you are true football fans,not muddled by greed and glory and not spoilt shitbags like the rest. :fero:

it may seem harsh to you other lot but FFS,you are near the top and still fighting in th CL,your coach may have let you down but blimey sort it out,you have great players and they can still hit an unbeaten run,while the rest collapse,it has happened so many times in history it is absurd to write your team off.

again,big shout to Polaris and Deka,you are true supporters,good guys and when you taste victory it will be all the sweeter than the fly-by night merchants ;)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Jern, you dont understand!! we have the players, but lippi leaves them on bench.

i have respect for every player in the squad and i have great respect for a man who has brought a lot of success to the club (lippi). but at the moment, he is direspecting the club by favouring certain players.

i'm not sure if you see much of juve and i'm unaware whether or not you have seen the likes of Maresca and Miccoli play, but they are the real deal. I'm talking about two players who within a few seasons will very much be considered up there as the best in their positions.

You know what bugs me the most about Lippi this season? Every other season that he has managed us, he has never used excuses for losses. But this season, he tries to play down every wrong decision he makes, every loss "isnt that bad, we were unlucky"...thats rubbish talk, he is better than that and juve is better than that. thats talk i expect from a coach managing a low team in Serie A who's job is on the line. Lippi has to start taking responsibilty as well, he knows he fuked up again with the starting line up...and yet he says that it was tottis individual brillance and so on...well, maybe if we had a defender who had pace and could mark totti a little closer, this wouldnt have happened. in the end, "we dont need any defenders or any additions to the squad" (lippi and moggi, jan 2004) has basically costed us a trophiless season!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
we think we have the players?? so Maresca, Appiah, Miccoli, tudor are not good players??

Let me tell you something paratroopa, you dont see Lotti playing Redondo against Roma with Pirlo or gattuso on bench do you?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
CUG said:
Jern, you dont understand!! we have the players, but lippi leaves them on bench.

i have respect for every player in the squad and i have great respect for a man who has brought a lot of success to the club (lippi). but at the moment, he is direspecting the club by favouring certain players.

i'm not sure if you see much of juve and i'm unaware whether or not you have seen the likes of Maresca and Miccoli play, but they are the real deal. I'm talking about two players who within a few seasons will very much be considered up there as the best in their positions.

You know what bugs me the most about Lippi this season? Every other season that he has managed us, he has never used excuses for losses. But this season, he tries to play down every wrong decision he makes, every loss "isnt that bad, we were unlucky"...thats rubbish talk, he is better than that and juve is better than that. thats talk i expect from a coach managing a low team in Serie A who's job is on the line. Lippi has to start taking responsibilty as well, he knows he fuked up again with the starting line up...and yet he says that it was tottis individual brillance and so on...well, maybe if we had a defender who had pace and could mark totti a little closer, this wouldnt have happened. in the end, "we dont need any defenders or any additions to the squad" (lippi and moggi, jan 2004) has basically costed us a trophiless season!
well done,slag you coach to the hills for i care,but don't say It's over,don't give up,if you give up,someone that has loved the club all their life ,how can you expect Nedved to carry on? how ? he has probably never heard of Juve until he is about 12 :dazed: you are the club,you live and breathe it,**** the manager all you like,bomb the stadium,eat the presidents dog but don't ever give up on your team in fuking February FFS :fero: that is all i am saying,of course Lippi is a **** if he don't field Maresca and Miccoli,but you are not in Liverpool's destitute state quite yet.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Like I said before suck it up!
We took a bigger hit to our pride than we did in the campionato.
We are 3 points behind Roma, 3 f****n points. They were fired they got the win, and hopefully they lit the f*****n fire we have been needing all season long!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good words, Jern. And thanks.

Its normal to see some Juve fans, me included, get so upset after big losses, regardless of what stage the season is in. It's because we are used to winning and winning and winning. I'm not saying that to show off; it's the truth. But whenever we land on the other side, things get jumpy here and there at this forum. That's the way it is... And believe me, I and CUG might be saying that we are giving up on Juve for this season... but that's not true... We are just venting our anger... Deep inside we still have hope that a miracle will happen.

Cheers, and once again, thanks for those words. They undoubtedly came from a wise man.:)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Mikey said:
Do you expect Milan to fail again? I don't.
You don't? honestly? Jee, that's weird.

Of course Lippi is making excuses, and yes it's somehow make him sounds more pathetic.
But if he acts like Cuper last season--just giving up on catching us while we lost and draw games in the end--well that'll be more stupid.
We obviously don't need words, but those words it's hopefully a start and of course we will still expecting milan AND roma to fail, somehow.

Agree with Jern, polaris and deka are true supporters.

bianconeri with the highs...
bianconeri with the lows!
couldn't be more agree with that.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
And believe me, I and CUG might be saying that we are giving up on Juve for this season... but that's not true... We are just venting our anger... Deep inside we still have hope that a miracle will happen.
its not impossible, but its very unlikely;)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Im just a glass if half full sort of guy, when looking at the rest of the season.

This match, of course was an embarrasment. I hope Montero is told his season is over. He acted like a teenager and is suposed to be our experienced and somewhat calculating that gets rough. Stupidity....no.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Polaris and Deka,give yourselves a huge pat on the back ,for you are true football fans,not muddled by greed and glory and not spoilt shitbags like the rest. :fero:

:howler:

Who the f**k are you to question anyone's loyalty to the team? I didn't give up on this team when we went 9 seasons with no Scudetto and I won't give up on them now or ever!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Well put Mikey :thumbsup:

Jern, As a fan, we'll always be greedy. Our aim was to beat Roma...and we just didn't show up to the game. It's important that the players realize we are not going to take this sh!t anymore. We can't take such humiliating defeat so lightly.

Adrian, I am not going to blame Lippi's tactics for what happned last night. I thought the players clearly lacked the motivation and hunger....

The question that I ask is?

How do we motivate this team when they haven't been playing well all season? If the very fact that they have been below thier standards doesn't fire them up....what the f*ck will?

I am hoping that this rape by Roma will fire the players up!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts