Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Monday 28th January 2002

Parma keeper Sebastien Frey has claimed he is happy at the relegation-threatened Serie A club - but will not rule out the possibility of a move to Barcelona.

Barca are understood to be interested in signing the former Verona keeper in a £10 million deal - but Frey insists he is unaware of their interest.

"I know nothing," the 21-year-old told onefootball.com. "I'm happy here at Parma."

However, with Parma currently occupying a relegation place in Serie A, the keeper admitted that any offer from Barca for his services would have to be considered.

"We're a young team, we could improve a lot in the next year and I believe in Parma's project. But it's also clear that Barcelona are always a dream for any football player," he added.

Frey joined Internazionale from French side Cannes in 2000 but spent much of the following season on loan at Verona.

His impressive displays earned him widespread acclaim and he was linked with moves to Lazio, Juventus and Arsenal before joining Parma.

Ok ok... So it's Onefootball.com stuff. Amo will tell me to relax and don't get so upset over the slightest rumour. Frey says a few nice things about Parma and all as well... But this is just the start. Soon he will be on strike to force a move or something. I tell you now. Frey won't be Parma's goalkeeper next September. I wonder why we sold Guardalben. He would have been ideal... Good, but not too good. Or at least not "flashy" enough.

One thing is strange though. £10M? Isn't that less than what we paid Inter for him? :confused:

Oh, and also this...

"CORRIERE DELLO SPORT
Lazio in pole-position per Di Vaio
Cragnotti pensa al futuro."

Great, huh? We're in the process of living the same nightmare as last season. This will never end. :mad: Tanzi has no balls and will always bend over for Cragnotti. It s*cks and I can't wait to see Lazio in Serie B. Even if it takes 40 years I will invite you all to a party when it happens. :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Well, if Tanzi sell Frey and Di Vaio then it doesnt matter cause we have no ambition at all... So screw Parma and hope we'll be in UEFA Cup.

But still....you exaggerate. :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It matters to me as that would crush my dream.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
The thought of selling either of these players is sickening, almost enough to make me cry. How can they treat our club as a way of getting the dream move? Do they forget that the supporters who idolise them all have feelings too? If Di Vaio does go to Lazio then I will move to Rome & go to every single Lazio game as a supporter of the opposition with some witty banner. I will haunt him until the day he retires. I am sick of Parma being used as a podium for players to get bid money moves, & I am sick of Tanzi selling & selling. We aren't Perugia but we fvcking look like it:mad::frustrat:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
If we have another clearout of our best players, that's the final sign that there is no ambition in the club.

I still don't really believe in the rumours just yet. I'm still positive.

But that could change in the summer.

And yes, the deal that got Frey here was worth around £15 m, and since he's strenghten his shares here, I can't see that he would leave for at least around £20 m. I don't think Barca would pay that much. So there's a good sign.

And if Lazio want Di Vaio, we damn better ask for Crespo or Nesta in return! :mad: :stuckup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts