Xtratime Community banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
G

·
I pity you guys. Here I am enjoying my summer break, while you toil with so much schoolwork. Ahhh...Summer break, Madrid are kings of Europe. Life is good sometimes.

· Registered
26,710 Posts
Sexpir (sorry I just cant spell it) is boring as hell on books.He is great to be played at thatres but for book....UGH!

Actually I wrote my exam on literature 2 hours ago.I wrote 4 questions perfeclty but I messed up the other...that means 80% :(

Greek writters and poets are very underrated.All the qwordl speaks about the crappy english...

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

· Registered
10,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
George Orwell - Animal Farm rox! Liked it very much :) Also Shakespeare's makbeth was pretty good, but IMO the best stuff is polish - Henryk Sienkiewicz "Trylogia". Wonderful stuff. All I know about Greece is George Byron - "Giaur". Not a bad book ;)

· Registered
2,000 Posts
Yeah, Orwell is an exception, I like 1984 as well it's great. And besides him I enjoyed Beowulf (though some rhymes are hard to get through). But Shakespeare, phuh, I could not finish R&J, Macbeth is an easy one cauz it's his shortest play, Cesar is something boring as well. Like Amo said these are meant to be performed at the theatres not to be read cauz you then give another meaning to the play (and try this one- Sayton- it sounds better than it looks).
Anyway, I'm with the fans of Faustus, this is something to be READ.

· Registered
4,916 Posts
R&J was an easy read I thought, 1984 was cool with big brother watching you and all that.
My favourate subject was Sociology and history though, interesring stuff.

· Registered
4,816 Posts
Phew! Lucky me there aren't that many subjects in university! On average five, and max. is 6.
But 2 months in advance to be just prepared, that's lame :(
But whoa, my exams are definitely behind me! It was, lemme see, over by the end of April! And holidays till end of June! Get to see all those fabulous soccer matches at home! Including EURO 2000 final! Grrrreeeaatt :D
And trust me, when you encounter computers computers computers...maths, a glimpse of physics every day...English literature will seem a heavenly subject! Some poetries are definitely CLASS!
I'll definitely take German or Japanese subject next semester...4 Computing subjects? It'll just drive me insane.
Now why didn't I opt to take philosophy in university? :(

· Registered
4,816 Posts
EURO 2000, no :( Simply too far, can't afford it!
I've got my doubts abt WC 2002 as well (during which month will it be?). Japan is quite near that it's still possible for me to go there. But Japan is sooooo ExpensivE :(Well hopefully it'll be during my univ. holidays!)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.