Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully will be going to ex-Yugo end of August and early Sept., my travels usually centered around games. So far looking at Hajduk v. Dinamo on Aug. 30th weekend (any idea if this game would be played Sat. or Sun?) and Serbia v. Portugal on Sept. 7th (tips please on how to acquire tix).
Also planning on seeing Sarajevo & Mostar and trying to decide whether to spend time on the overly touristy Croatian coast or if maybe Montenegro is better? Looking at about 10-12 days, any suggestions appreciated.

·
dinamo67
8,841 Posts
No offense to the Monteniggas, but Croatia is the bees knees. August, Spetember is probably not as bad as June, July anyway. If your scared of overcrowded places just avoid the main destinations then. There's heaps of coast to explore. You're gonna be in Split anyway.

I'm going in a weeks time.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Everyone says Montenegro is less crowded and less developed. Honestly you could fool me, outside of the roads they really have everything most of Croatia does.

September is a great time to go. I went to Istria in September weather was still good, everything was open, I could park where a I wanted for the most part. I’m sure it’s true for Dalmatia as well.

·
Gyula
2,504 Posts
I've never been a beach person. Just something so unimaginative to do. Go to the beach and plop your fat mess of a body on a beach chair under an umbrella and get served a shitty cocktail by some third worlder begging for tips. The only way an idiotic white person working an dull office job can feel like a king or queen. Absolutely gross. I prefer exploring culture and history.

·
General Iordanescu
28,187 Posts
I've never been a beach person. Just something so unimaginative to do. Go to the beach and plop your fat mess of a body on a beach chair under an umbrella and get served a shitty cocktail by some third worlder begging for tips. The only way an idiotic white person working an dull office job can feel like a king or queen. Absolutely gross. I prefer exploring culture and history.
Fo sho

·
Registered
19,758 Posts
All cheap fvcks compared to the high rolling Russian tourists.

#facts
Ran into a bunch of Ruskies in Huatulco..they ran around like they owned the place and they way they dismissed the hotel staff had tinges of pure racist undertones...lol

And same thing in Punta Cana. Quite a few of the wives were totally over siliconed and botoxed..but hey, if their husbands don't mind blowing their rubles, all the power to them.

·
Registered
63,995 Posts
Ran into a bunch of Ruskies in Huatulco..they ran around like they owned the place and they way they dismissed the hotel staff had tinges of pure racist undertones...lol

And same thing in Punta Cana. Quite a few of the wives were totally over siliconed and botoxed..but hey, if their husbands don't mind blowing their rubles, all the power to them.
When my parents when to D.R. back in the day my dad cursed some waiter out because he mentioned how Russians got totally smashed the night before. And they turned away from a lesbian couple sitting next to them at a bar lol.

·
Registered
19,758 Posts
When my parents when to D.R. back in the day my dad cursed some waiter out because he mentioned how Russians got totally smashed the night before. And they turned away from a lesbian couple sitting next to them at a bar lol.
lol

At those all inclusive resorts, ze Germans are a pain in the a.ss....(no offense to Szov)...they take all the beach chairs early, drink like fishes and are loud...and ffs, if their women are going to be going topless on the beach they better then make sure they look like Heidi Klum (pre Seal) rather than A.Merkel of which most do. :mute::yuck:

·
Registered
19,758 Posts
Aren't you white? :err:

You are sounding like the Lunatic Squad in the US who all hate whites. Shake out of it man. :nono:

As for all inclusives, I loved Punta Cana...but given the recent string of deaths there I won't be going back. Puerto Vallarta and Cancun are becoming too dangerous also. Haven't tried Cuba yet but I heard the food blows so while I'd love to check out Havana, I'll pass.

And yes I am a "white person working in an office job"...I work my tail off and if I want to go all inclusive and explore around on some off resort activities, then that's what I will do. :shades:

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
never been but would definitely rather go Monteniggas, because overcrowded Croast, as you said
Yea it kills the vibe. I don't even want to set foot inside Dubrovnik, maybe just drive past it and get a cool picture overlooking it, chill and smoke a cig and take the view in for 10 minutes and move on haha. Looks like Montenegro has a smaller version of Dubrovnik that probably way cooler and more authentic

No offense to the Monteniggas, but Croatia is the bees knees. August, Spetember is probably not as bad as June, July anyway. If your scared of overcrowded places just avoid the main destinations then. There's heaps of coast to explore. You're gonna be in Split anyway.

I'm going in a weeks time.
Not for sure if i'll step foot in Croatia depends who I end up going with. Any idea when Hajduk v. Dinamo might be? Are those games usually Sat. night or could be on Sunday's too?

Also any idea of possibly seeing like a pro water polo game? Would love seeing a game with ultras lighting flares etc around a swimming pool haha

Everyone says Montenegro is less crowded and less developed. Honestly you could fool me, outside of the roads they really have everything most of Croatia does.

September is a great time to go. I went to Istria in September weather was still good, everything was open, I could park where a I wanted for the most part. I’m sure it’s true for Dalmatia as well.
I was worried about the roads a bit...I imagine I'll rent a car in Bosnia and drive there. Are the mountain roads normal or can be dangerous?? Kotor and the beach towns look quite scenic with crazy mountain formations all around. Are there scenic overlooks you can park and take pictures of the mountain and coastal inlets?? Is Croatia like that too or not quite as mountainous coast?

·
Registered
63,995 Posts
lol

At those all inclusive resorts, ze Germans are a pain in the a.ss....(no offense to Szov)...they take all the beach chairs early, drink like fishes and are loud...and ffs, if their women are going to be going topless on the beach they better then make sure they look like Heidi Klum (pre Seal) rather than A.Merkel of which most do. :mute::yuck:
German tourists are notoriously tight too.

·
Registered
54,624 Posts
lol

lol, maybe, but I wouldn‘t know since I never been to an all-inclusive resort (tourist concentration camps) or anything alike and also will never go

am more the type who travels in a country and try to hang with locals and get the vibes and culture

that means I always try to avoid places with any form of mass tourism

·
Registered
54,624 Posts
German tourists are notoriously tight too.
I spend a lot when on the road but that‘s part of the way I usually travel, see above

rather spend double or triple but better to support the respektive local crew than any charter travel agency or what who operate totally elsewhere and where the local economy doesnt see a cent from

1 - 20 of 53 Posts