·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Marc said:
http://www.thefa.com/England/SeniorTeam/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2006/03/Embrace_to_release_wc_song.htm

'Embrace' (such a ***** name) to sing our hopes for the world cup. I haven't heard many songs of their's in truth, nor do I really want to. Good luck to them though. :undecide:
You've got too much time on your hands mate - Do you do any work? :tongue:

Seriously though - Bring back New Order or something along those lines - dont like the idea of an Embrace WC anthem, just dont think it will be written with the terraces in mind (oh, the good ole days).

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nico said:
You've got too much time on your hands mate - Do you do any work? :tongue:

Seriously though - Bring back New Order or something along those lines - dont like the idea of an Embrace WC anthem, just dont think it will be written with the terraces in mind (oh, the good ole days).
I have terminal services, I can choose not to get off my arse thank you very much. :pp Besides, I am so fantastic at my job that everything runs smoothly. :stress: :sweeteye:

And David Baddiel is a comedian, a jewish comedian who isn't funny... I don't imagine it too hard to improve on that. :D Personally I might of gone for some obscure band no one here has heard of and probably don't like, so I might not of done any better. Then again, why not get a composer to do a job for us. Something we might take on as an anthem, as I can't stand god save the queen. :lala:

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Marc said:
I have terminal services, I can choose not to get off my arse thank you very much. :pp Besides, I am so fantastic at my job that everything runs smoothly. :stress: :sweeteye:
You sound just like the 5 Support Engineers ive got sat round the corner - they even used T/s to access the internet through their own pc's so that their useage couldnt be logged.

Im so powerful that I can do what I want! :stuckup:

Just dont tell my boss!

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nico said:
You sound just like the 5 Support Engineers ive got sat round the corner - they even used T/s to access the internet through their own pc's so that their useage couldnt be logged.

Im so powerful that I can do what I want! :stuckup:

Just dont tell my boss!
I have access to passwords and stuff and can create accounts if I wanted to, hell could set up an ADSL line... so I'm good. :) To be honest though, its a call based job... no calls, no work. And most of the time it is spent watching blue bars scroll across the screen, I can multitask so that blue bar isn't going to require much attention. :D Although I should probably study instead of posting here, but then I look at Jern and think I'm not that bad in comparison. :pp

Can a mod give me Nico's IP, I want to find his bosses email. :howler:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Balis-of-Steel said:
I know they are Welsh, but Goldie Looking Chain could have done us an Awesome WC song :D
:howler: :howler:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Marc said:
I have access to passwords and stuff and can create accounts if I wanted to, hell could set up an ADSL line... so I'm good. :) To be honest though, its a call based job... no calls, no work. And most of the time it is spent watching blue bars scroll across the screen, I can multitask so that blue bar isn't going to require much attention. :D Although I should probably study instead of posting here, but then I look at Jern and think I'm not that bad in comparison. :pp

Can a mod give me Nico's IP, I want to find his bosses email. :howler:
I thought you are English footballer scout? :D
Anyway, great job. I'm sysadmin myself but only part-timer.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
vinsea said:
I thought you are English footballer scout? :D
Anyway, great job. I'm sysadmin myself but only part-timer.
Marc a scout :eekani: :eekani: :eekani:

If he was, he'd be a bad one! :tongue:

You system administrators have an easy life, all play and no work! How are the abscesses on your arse or havent you been surgically removed from your chairs yet? :lala:

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it got really busy running around the building and finally have a chance to sit down and eat my lunch... yay. I blame Nico. :frustrat:

Vinsea - Who for? It'd all fall on deaf ears, if the England manager can't even work out his best players, what chance do clubs have of spotting them. :D

Nico - I resent that, I could outscout you anyday of the week... I have all my merit badges. Even the obscure 'how to make a hut out of old socks' badge. :lala:

Actually I do very little in system administration, I do far more running around and physical stuff. The helpdesk (if you can call it that) do most of the account management and that bollocks, coincidentally they all appear overweight. :howler: My calfs are like bloody rocks since I have to go up and down a large flight of stairs about 30 times a day. :lazy:

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
oh please no, heck even the awful cheeky girls with cheesy cheesy pop would atleast get the foreigners attention at world cup.

personally i'd want music to scare the crap out of the opponent, heck forget about the song, why dont we do a new zealand rugby style mad dance or whatever its called :D

:howler:

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
arfy05 said:
why dont we do a new zealand rugby style mad dance or whatever its called :D

:howler:

and ask Page & Plant to spill some led out for a theme song! That would be awesome!

just picture Phil Neville leading the pack on the field! :D :howler:

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
zico said:
and ask Page & Plant to spill some led out for a theme song! That would be awesome!
I support this. To the tune of "Kashmir"

My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon, I will return again
and the dust that floats high in June, when movin' through Ingerland.
da da da
da da da
da da da
da da da
Ingerland
Ingerland

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
the lightning seeds released a couple of good pop records tbh. embrace seem to have built a career out of releasing the same plodding, mundane song over and over.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts