Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surpise, sur-fcking-prise.

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has been banned for four matches from 22nd December and fined £15,000 after the Football Association found him guilty of improper conduct.

The decision follows United's Premier League match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on 26th April when Evra clashed with Chelsea groundsman Sam Bethell during an on-pitch warm-down.

Chelsea were fined £25,000 after two charges of failing to ensure an employee conducted himself in an orderly fashion were proven.

However, an allegation that Bethell indulged in racist conduct or language was not proven.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
You get less for breaking someones leg.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Famous words by some ****er many moons ago; United ****ed over by the FA, not the first time and won't be the last.

This is just simply disgraceful, i'm genuinely upset by this. How the **** can they ban him for 4 games over that YET not take action over people breaking others legs on purpose, people fracturing skulls.

Surely we must be appealing, this has gone too FAR.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
We're appealing though, Shane? Surely.

Seriously lads, all United bias aside. It's been clear for a long time the FA have it in for us, how the hell can you justify a 4 match ban for some minor fisticuffs that didn't even happen during a match.

While Chris Morgan gets away scot free with fracturing Ian Hume's skull in a disgusting and intentional vicious attack.

That ex scouse [email protected] Guthrie at Newcastle getting 3 ****ing games out for INTENTIONALLY breaking that Hull City player's leg, Fagan I think it was.

How the **** can they explain this?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, we have to surely. The statment released certainly seems to hint that we will:

United issued the following statement on Friday evening, after the FA announced a four-match suspension and £15,000 fine for Patrice Evra.

"Manchester United notes the announcement from the FA and is disappointed with the decision and in particular considers the sanctions against Patrice Evra excessive.

"Manchester United and Patrice will consider all options once there has been an opportunity to digest the full reasons for the decision. There will be no further comment."

The FA found Patrice guilty of improper conduct during a warm-down session at Stamford Bridge on 26 April 2008, following United's Premier League match against Chelsea.

His suspension from four first-team matches is due to start on Monday 22 December.
So, as it stands, he misses Stoke & Middlesbrough in the league, Southampton in the FA Cup and the Carling Cup semi-final.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
the FA cant explain this, they are just giving United the really harsh treatment while others get away scot free. Seriously i agree with Vidic15 totally, while i also believe that even if United appeal its highly unlikely that the ban will get reduced because of the fact that it is a United player

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
This is totally taking the fecking piss, really hope after an appeal it gets reduced. If Fabio was fit, it'd be the perfect opportunity to give him a run out and see if he fits in quickly like his brother, but the thought of O'Shea starting 4 games in a row, is terrifying.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I thought Fabio did something to his shoulder? anyway I want to see him, and see both twins on each side. :excited:

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
At least he's back for Chelsea.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
And you forget that other teams get 3 match bann for players who throw a coin back into the crowd. While your team starts a melee post match :D

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
And you forget that other teams get 3 match bann for players who throw a coin back into the crowd. While your team starts a melee post match :D
Are you seriously trying to compare Drogba potentially disabling a Burnley fan while also abusing him to Evra confronting some racist piece of shit?

Please tell me it was just a poor wind up attempt.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Are you seriously trying to compare Drogba potentially disabling a Burnley fan while also abusing him to Evra confronting some racist piece of shit?

No, it's definitely not a wind up attempt. Las isn't clever enough to even think of starting a wind up let alone attempt one.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Typical....**** FA.....

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
What a disgrace this is, im sure if it had been a Chelsea player it would be overturned, the groundsman was racist for gods sake, if someone is racially abusing you its no wonder Evra acted like he did

·
Registered
9,120 Posts

Potentially disabling a fan?

If that's your take on the issue then Evra potentially tried to murder a stuard; :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts