Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that the game that will determine if we are back is the one against the blue part of merseyside. When we were winning all the trophies we would take all the points versus Everton reguarlly. However this has changed dramatically and the opposite is happening. If we BEAT them then I will have a fairn amount of opptimism restored, otherwise I feel that this is yet another false dawn.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
With their current attacking duo (Hughes,Max Moore) Everton will not score against us...can we score against their quite good defence??? (Weir,Unsworth,Gough,Xavier) if yes,we'll win...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the problem. On paper we should demolish them but it never turns out that way. I hope that Hutchinson is still on the bench as he is the type of player that would shine in a derby match.
I think we might win it this year but I would never say for certain.

X

·
0 Posts
their central defence is very gd and experienced..but slow!!!
so using fast strikers like heskey and owen should be gd enough to score a few goals..

most of their strikers are injured..campbell,jeffers...
and i think their attack isn't very gd these past wks..

so we should be able to make it!

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
we never have an easy game against everton...
like deby in every league, i think this game wouldn't be easy for our young players.
i hope our senior and well experienced players can lead the youngsters in that game.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think we'll be lucky to come out of this one with a point and injury free. Everton always go mad, its a free for all on derby day and I think they will score, but two max. The key will be whether or not we can score the same and more. Sorry to be pessimistic, but this is a crucial match and the blues know it - they would love to stop us getting into the CL, and my greatest fear is the likes of Owen, Redders and Hypia will be targeted for special treatment.

X

·
0 Posts
hey guys!!
fowler is close to making hs comeback and guess v/s who!???
everton!!!!!

i think what we've been lacking is a real poacher..somebody who scores "easy" and close range goals..and without doubt fowler is the one!!!

it's true that in a derby anything can happen...it's not always easy to predict the results..but i will still dare to say we win!
1-0

R

·
0 Posts
Liverpool should beat Everton this time.
Everton are missing their 2 main strikers.
They now depend on Hutch scoring for them all the time.
Also with Xavier in defence, they are always liable to make stupid mistakes.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is it people, things are coming to judgement day - OH I will be judged. Liverpool versus Everton - the Mersyside derby.
On paper we should win after our recent run of wins but Everton have showed signs that they may give us a big problem.

Goalkeepers:

Sander versus Gerrad.
We look to have won this battle but I have still not seen enough of Sander. I originally blamed him for Wimbledons goal until I realised that it was deflected right in front of him. He seems like a good shotstopper.
Gerrad has been very under-rated and has had many fine games. He could prove to be a great last line for Everton and has settled since his move from Oldham.
Liverpool 8 Everton 8

Defence.

Simply there is no contest. H&H form the best defence in the league and they seem to have connected really well. Matteo and Carragher are proving the critics wrong (me) by being consistantly good.
Everton, as Rhob pointed out have problems. Xavier is a midfielder by nature and looks woefully out of place in defence. Collins played there last week and did well but I hope he starts there again. Unsworth has dissapointed and Weir is a good player and may sort theem out. Whether the old timers will start remains to be seen.
Liverpool 10 Everton 6

Midfield.

This will be a fiercely fought battle and lets hope that Gerrad keeps his head this time. Didi is fit this time and likes to get his foot in and Pat has shown that he is willing to do the defensive duties this year and last. Who starts on the right is undecided but I don't think this will result in much of a difference unless Redders comes back.
This, I feel is where Everton's real quality lies. Hutchinson, for me is the most under-rated player in the premier league. He has flair and will never shy away from a tackle. He can also score great goals. Barmby provides yet more flair and is another unsong man this year. S Hughes had a great game at Bradford and his passing may unstick us. Collins will probably complete the quartet with Pembridge and Ball filling in defence.

Liverpool 9 Everton 9

Strikers.

We have the in form pair and their pace will frighten anyone. Will they perform on the day? Eveb if they both don't (unlikely) we will still have Fowler on the bench.
Jevons had a good game on Sat and looked good alongside M Hughes. This mixture of experience and youth may prove to be fateful.

Liverpool 10 Everton 8

Managers.

Both are flawless in my view and have done an equally good job. Houllier has made Anfield a fortress and Smith has given the blues some hope.

Houllier 10 Smith 10

Result Liverpool 47 Everton 41.

We all known that all this goes out of the window and the fact that Everton are home will give them a couple more points.

Come on you Reds, Second place is beckoning.

X

·
0 Posts
hey great post pool!!! :D
i raelly like yr analytical approach!!

but ftball is not only theory!!

yeah u r right...gerard is probably one of the most underrated gks in EPl...he is simply impressive!!
westerfeld seems to have some problems when dealing with crosses and low balls...
but he is an excellent shot-stopper!! :D

i think the key to victory will be to watch hutchinson closely...

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I felt like doing a long post what can I say. Actually it was goign to be longer but then I realised that I was waffling so clicked on submit reply before it got out of hand.

I agree about Sander. He looks a bit dodgy on the crosses and I think that H&H help him out a lot.

X

·
0 Posts
i just read somewhere that westerfeld is changing his style...that is instead of trying to catch the goals from crossing..he just tries to punch them out to safety cos there are often too many strikers roaming around in the penalty box...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Uh-oh.Am I the only one who is not exited at all at the thought of Sander punching the ball to "safety" (aka the opposuite forwards?)

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
Remember guys we haven't got that good a record against Everton in the past few years and everything (like current form, lge position)goes out the window when a derby match comes along. But hopefully Owen and Heskey (who has a slight injury) will be on form and we'll nick it.

My prediction: Everton 1 Hutchison
Liverpool 2 Owen, Fowler (90)
Would love it if Fowler scored the winner - though hopefully he doesn't do that 'Coke sniffing' celebration on the touchline like he did last year - even if it was pretty funny... ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Why not? it was funny and direct.I liked it...but maybe he can find something equal teasing for the Evertonians.Frankly,they deserve anything after what they've done to Muzzy Izzet.

------------------

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You tell him Amo. It was funny and how was it insulting? The scousers are supposed to have a sense of humour so what is the big deal?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well I though Liverpool should beat Everton but perhaps they haven't reached their maximum potential yet...a goal-less draw.
Not to say there wasn't the usual tensions in a local derby.

------------------
-=KilledInAction=-

1 - 20 of 20 Posts