Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATHLETIC BILBAO- Everton's great offer for Basque player Joseba Etxeberria

The English Club is ready to offer more than the double they earned with the sale of Gravesen to the Real Madrid.

The Athletic’s good season is causing reactions, and Joseba Etxeberria’s part in it has led the Everton, mythical English Premier League club, to want to sign up the red-and-white forward.

The offer made by Goodison Park’s team wouldn’t be lower than euro8 million, as the sports daily Mundo Deportivo reveals. However, the Athletic doesn’t seem to be ready to sell their player until 2007 and with a euro60-million clause.

Joseba Etxeberria Lizardi

Birth date: 09-05-77
Birth place: Elgoibar (Gipuzkoa)
First team: Real Sociedad (San Sebastian)
Height: 1.78 cm.
Weight: 72 kg.
Teams: Real Sociedad B (93-94), Real Sociedad (94-95), Athletic de Bilbao (95-?)
Awards: Golden boot in sub’20 world championship in Qatar.

·
Registered
542 Posts
If it's true, it's an offer to think about at least. Personally, I don't think he'll want to go (anywhere)... yet.

He's not what he used to be either and Athletic are going to need some money to keep a few players home (e.g. Del Horno?)...

We'll have to wait and see, won't we?

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Really hope he'll stay, Etxebe is a true Athletic player and I can't see him leave... especially not to England, but we'll never know.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Reports here say that Etxeberria wants to stay at Athletic. While I'm glad that he does, I'm annoyed because in my many letters to Moyes I've told him to buy Iraola!

I think the fee offered by Everton of £5.55 is odd though. £5 million, ok. £5.5 million, ok. £5.55, that's just odd.

Still, well done Etxeberria for having some integrity and not just taking the money.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Fish said:
I'm annoyed because in my many letters to Moyes I've told him to buy Iraola!
:nono: Don´t give him ideas.... Howard wouldn´t do it!

Anyway, maybe if you give me his adress I would send him a letter talking about the beauties of Karanka´s football..;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts