Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everton want the 26-year-old right-back, and are prepared to pay the asking price of £3m for the experienced Premiership defender.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve Watson looks to be heading for the Villa Park exit door with a return to the north-east by joining Middlesbrough in a £3m move. Everton are also interested in the 26-year-old right-back, and are also prepared to pay the asking price of £3m for the experienced Premiership defender.

Benito Carbone is wanted by Serie A side Napoli after Gianfranco Zola decided to stay at Chelsea. Carbone has emerged as the first choice of the newly-promoted outfit, who were courting Zola before he made up with Chelsea.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Watson is the player that I like the least at the Villa but if we are selling Ugo and Southgate don't you think we need a bit of cover?

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Well it is not as if the alcoholic can cover the 2 Judas' anyway...he cannot play in the centre as far as I know!Anyway he is a drunk and might tempt Merse back off the wagon Middlesboro style! ;)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Watson is a changed man since his move from Newcastle - for the worse I'm affraid.

At Newcastle he played anywhere on the park. He played up front with Shearer, centre back, wing back and also as a winger. Why can't he do that now?

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Jlloyd if there is one thing we Villa fans know, that is when Villa sign a player, he always plays worse for the club than he did for his previous! Exception can be seen in players like Saunders!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another exception has got to be Dwighty - not a bad player when we sold him!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And Milosevic turned out to be great when he was sold :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
everyone is saying that Milosevic is now a great player. All the goals he scored in Euro 2k were tap-ins, he still lops atround like he used to at the Villa. The main reason we got rid of him was because he spat at our fans away to Blackburn. He was going through a bad patch so if he hadn't of done what he did we would have probably kept hold of him. In my opion we were best to get rid of him. Saying that he did score 2 crackers to win use the Coca Cola Cup in '96 - we must have got our moneys worth.

Up the Villa

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Driver X, that is one of the points I am making...produces the goods (tap ins) after he plays for Villa!!! Nasty spitalotovic!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On Watson, JP is certain to buy Arsenal's Oleg Luzhny for £2m to replace Watson if teh deal with Everton goes through.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Well, I've never heard of the guy?? Is he any good?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Talya,
Everything you wanted to know about Luzhny.

Position:
Right back / Right midfield

Nationality:
Ukranian

Height / Weight:
182cm / 77kg

Born:
August 5th 1968

Previous Clubs:
Volyn Lutsk
Karpaty Lvov
Dynamo Kiev (all Ukraine)

Joined Arsenal:
May 28th 1999

Transfer details:
Long term contract for an undisclosed fee.

Extra Information:
Oleg scored 13 goals in 175 Ukrainian Premier League matches with Dynamo Kiev, winning six consecutive Ukranian League Championships from 1993 to 1998 He also completed the Ukranian league and cup 'double' in 1993, 1996 and 1998. Oleg made 8 appearances for the USSR National team between 1989-1990 and also has 25 Ukrainian caps, making his debut against Hungary in April 1992. Upfield gallops when younger earned him the nickname "The Horse".

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Thanks for the info JLloyd, so how come he never broke through the Arsenal ranks (barring their French only policy) he cannot be that good then!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
luzhny is good and solid
but he was made to play central defence while at arsenal
he played really well against arsenal in CL while with dynamo kiev, and i was really excited when he was coming to arsenal
i still want him to stay, need cover for dixon/lauren at right back

1 - 16 of 16 Posts