1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Goodison Park
Tuesday, 4 January
Kick-off: 2000 GMT

Everton captain Alan Stubbs could return to the heart of defence after recovering from a back injury.

But new signing striker James Beattie is not available to make his debut while Duncan Ferguson (suspended) and Nigel Martyn (calf) are still out.

Portsmouth will be without defender Andy Griffin because he is serving a one-match ban.

David Unsworth (hamstring) and Dejan Stefanovic (thigh) are back from injury but Eyal Berkovic (flu) is out.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Jordan slams ref Walton
Wed 05 Jan, 12:05 PM

Portsmouth coach Joe Jordan furiously condemned referee Peter Walton for the extra minutes of injury time that cost his side a point at Everton.

The Toffees claimed victory with Leon Osman's goal two and a half minutes into added time. The fourth official's board had said two minutes extra and Walton ended up playing almost four minutes more.
Jordan said: "I don't know where he got all that extra time from after the board said two minutes. There had been nobody on the pitch to treat injuries and in fact both benches were surprised by how long he played.

"I would like an explanation and I will be seeing the referee about it. It has been very costly for us.

"We've gone through a tough period of matches and we felt we'd done enough to have deserved a point. He added such a long time on extra and we all feel a bit hard done by."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts