1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodison Park
Wednesday, 2 February
Kick-off: 2000 GMT

Everton's loan signing Mikel Arteta will not feature, having only had time to train with team-mates once so far.

There are doubts over Duncan Ferguson, Alan Stubbs, Steve Watson and Leon Osman, but goalkeeper Nigel Martyn may return after being rested.

New Norwich loan signing Graham Stuart goes straight into their squad.

Gary Holt is in contention after another reserve team game, Youssef Safri should be on the bench but Simon Charlton is unlikely to be risked.

D

·
0 Posts
Saw the game on Footballfirst, Goodison Park pitch is terrible. It was worse than most Sunday league pitches. Ferguson didn't score, It was an own goal by some Norwich player, although if he had never stook his foot out to direct the goal in his own net, Ferguson would have. Everton looked the better team, although Norwich should have had a penalty. It was a crap game because of the pitch.

I wonder if Moyes will hand Ferguson a years extension? To me no other player has the same effect as him coming on in the last 15 minutes. He just completely changes the game and was a breath of fresh air for Everton when he came on.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DeJackal said:
I wonder if Moyes will hand Ferguson a years extension? To me no other player has the same effect as him coming on in the last 15 minutes. He just completely changes the game and was a breath of fresh air for Everton when he came on.
At the moment - he's a valuable asset, but his wages are far too high at and the only way I can see him staying is if he takes a hefty pay cut. There's no doubt Moyes rates him, or he would of been out last month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts