Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The best way to describe this match was incredable. Even after watching this one on pay pre view I finally got my monies worth.
The First half our defence was deplorable, I had to feel sorry for Nigel Martyn. Every goal was due to a huge lapse. While on Offence we missed many chances to get back in the game.
Then the second half came about and the changes Moyes made paid dividens for us.Pulling back from a three goal deficit and on many occasions should have taken the lead for not the great keeping of Tim Howard. Even after going down 4-3 Rooney had the oppertunity to make it 4-4 in the 91st minuet when he pushed his shot wide. The charecter of this club showed through and even in defeat they can press forward from here and play with confidence.

A great match to watch.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As with any match it seems in the EPL comes the battles of Misconduct charges being levied on players and fans we have another incodent at Goodison. This time United players are being charged with misconduct to Everton Fans. Here is the reports:

Probe into alleged abuse by Man Utd players

LONDON (Reuters) - Everton will investigate claims by club supporters that some Manchester United players engaged in "improper conduct" following Ruud van Nistelrooy's last-gasp winner for United in their premier league match.

Everton fans lodged formal complaints with stewards after United players had made their way to the touchline to celebrate van Nistelrooy's header a minute from time at Goodison Park on Saturday, Everton said on their website.

An Everton spokesman confirmed that several fans also made statements to the police claiming that United players had used abusive words and gestures at the end of the match.

"Several of our supporters have made allegations of improper conduct by Manchester United players after their fourth goal," Everton's head of corporate affairs Ian Ross said.

"We'll be talking to the supporters concerned, we'll be talking to the police and we'll be studying CCTV footage."

In a separate incident at Goodison Park, stewards had to restrain an Everton fan who appeared to be charging towards Cristiano Ronaldo after the Portuguese winger had fallen by the touchline shortly before he set up the winning goal.

BBC reported on Sunday that the Football Association was monitoring the situation.

"Nothing has as yet been brought to our attention although, if it is, then we would of course look into it," an FA spokesman was quoted as saying.

United won Saturday's match 4-3, after blowing a 3-0 halftime lead, to stay two points behind premier league leaders Arsenal.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is my 2 cents on the matter. I have been in the street end on many occasions when I lived in Bootle. We managed to verbally abuse many opposing players when they come to our ground, and Im sure the same holds true today. I remember singing songs about a leeds players marital status of his Parents, and we were never charged with anything, so why should a Man U player be brought up on charges for obscene jestures, OK maybe its not a classy thing to do but I see nothing wrong in it. They didnt Spit at or physically abuse a fan, then this matter should not even be brought up. Yet Im sure the media will not let this die. If the FA is asked to get involved then they should do the wise thing and drop the matter. JMHO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts