Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everton will be without a few key players this weeks clash with league leaders Chelsea.

Toffees without Hibbert
Fri 11 Feb, 10:22 AM

Everton full-back Tony Hibbert will miss the clash with Premiership leaders Chelsea as he serves a one-match ban for picking up five yellow cards.

Hibbert, who has already collected another caution since he reached five against Norwich, is likely to be replaced at right-back by Alessandro Pistone, who will switch from the left flank with Gary Naysmith coming into the defence.

Advertisement

Everton have doubts over midfielders Tim Cahill (ankle) and Lee Carsley (muscle injury), while Leon Osman is expected to have recovered from a knee problem in time.

Boss David Moyes has the option of bringing in new loan signing Mikel Arteta for his full debut, the 22-year-old Spaniard having come on as substitute at Southampton last weekend.

Everton (from): Martyn, Pistone, Stubbs, Weir, Yobo, Naysmith, Bent, Cahill, Arteta, Carsley, Osman, McFadden, Kilbane, Beattie, Ferguson, Wright.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trip Fontaine said:
Beattie sent off after 8 minutes...for a totally braindead action....headbutts Gallas in the back of his head twice!! :wallbang:
True but he was elbowed in the face by Gallas. Though he should have kept his cool

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Looks like he's learning from uncle Dunc already...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
PAULMAY said:
True but he was elbowed in the face by Gallas. Though he should have kept his cool
Never seen that incedent but it must of been something like it to drive him towards what he done, and as posted: he should of kept his cool.
I can see why Moyes would be defending him in public to keep his confidence up , but in the end - I think he will talk to him 1-2-1 about the incedent. I think the true thoughts will come out on whether or not an appeal is launched, which personally - I cannot see happening.
For the match itself - I thought we were going scrape a point, we had good luck through the game until it ran out when the ball fell towards Guddy after coming straight off the crossbar.
Its a shame, cause I was really confident we would draw before the game, and if beattie hadn't been sent off - at least the chelsea defenders would have had someone else to think about.
Nice win from Brum though :), we've two league games against mid-table villa and lowly blackburn and Liverpool only have an away trip to the geordies, good chance to increase the pressure before the derby. :happy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts