1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodison Park
Sunday, 6 March
Kick-off: 1605 GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everton will give late fitness tests to skipper Alan Stubbs (knee) and winger James McFadden (back).

James Beattie will be serving the final match of his three-game suspension after his sending off against Chelsea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everton (from): Martyn, Hibbert, Yobo, Stubbs, Weir, Pistone, Naysmith, Osman, Cahill, Carsley, Arteta, Kilbane, Bent, Ferguson, Wright, Plessis, McFadden, Vaughan, Gerrard.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can see this being a difficult match, pressure will be on our side with Blackburn having to fight relegation. (Always makes it worse when Mark Lawrenson predicts that we'll win :rollani: ). I can only see one goal in this game. Hopefully to us :)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
We may have the edge after comming off a great performance at Villa. Face it we needed that good win to breathe some life into this team since the loss of Gravesen. I think the team proved to themselves that there is life after Gravey. Add the fact of the Beatie efect I expect Osman to have another great game, proving he is as capable as Beattie.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Well Villa has done us a favour twice in the space of 7 days by beating Boro 2-0 and losing to us last weekend, and now if Newcastle can come through we will be looking good as we head into tomorrows clash with Blackburn

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Now's our chance - Moyes
Sun 06 Mar, 11:07 AM

David Moyes has urged Everton to take a massive step forwards in their quest for Champions League football by beating Blackburn on Sunday.

The Toffees play host to Rovers, having been lifted by a set of pleasing Premiership results so far this weekend.
Everton now have a chance to move 11 points clear of closest rivals Liverpool in the race for fourth spot.

Moyes said: "Every game now is vital and there are other clubs who have been in this situation more than we have in the past, but I have the feeling that everything we do is important.

"You want to be in this position, it is why we do the job. We know we are really in with a shout of achieving Europe now.

"I am not going to rule out anything, we know we must continue to play as well as we did at Villa then we make it hard for people to catch us and we can even make it hard for those above us as well.

"I would certainly have settled for this position at the start of the season."

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1-0 Blackburn FT :(

Another poor home performance from the team. Didn't deserve anything from the game.
A great chance it was to put the CL place out of reach for Liverpool, looks like we'll just have to do it the hard way now, adding pressure on the game at Anfield to get a positive result.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Not a very entertaining match. Don't think Everton deserved to lose though. McFadden should have been on earlier cos he made a difference near the end. Yobo should have been much closer to Stead for the goal. Lazy defending.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Moyes: We Deserved Nothing

David Moyes admitted that Everton didn’t deserve to get any points on Sunday as they lost 0-1 to Blackburn Rovers at Goodison.

Neither side had many clear-cut chances but, as last season, Jon Stead popped up late in the second half to snatch all three points for the visitors.

After last weekend’s terrific display against Aston Villa, Moyes was disappointed with his side’s performance against Rovers, but has vowed that the Blues will do better next time.

“It wasn’t very good,” he told evertonfc.com. “There were a lot of players in top form last week and in bottom form this week.

“At the end of the day we didn’t play well and we didn’t deserve to get any points.

“We played very well last weekend and deservedly got three points. In football you tend to have to earn something from the game and I don’t think we did that.

“We wanted to do well, the fans give us great support, we didn’t do well but we’ll try in the next game to do as well as we can.”

Mikel Arteta was forced to retire after 15 minutes due to a wreckless challenge from Aaron Mokoena, and although the Blues Boss felt that the unwanted changes didn’t help things, he didn’t think the game was altered too much.

“I think changing formation did set us back a bit but if we’re being fair I don’t think we were playing particularly well in the opening 15 minutes before Mikel went off,” he said.

“We didn’t give ourselves a chance to get started in the game and in the end we’ve come away with nothing.”

1 - 16 of 16 Posts