Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sander answers Blues' SOS
Wed 22 Feb, 10:52 PM

Everton have agreed to sign former Liverpool player Sander Westerveld on loan to ease their goalkeeping crisis.

The Toffees were given permission by the Premier League to sign emergency cover after suffering a number of injuries and suspensions.

Nigel Martyn is recovering from an ankle injury and Richard Wright is out for six weeks with ligament damage, while rookie Iain Turner was sent off after just nine minutes of the 1-0 win over Blackburn.

That left manager David Moyes with just teenager John Ruddy - who made his debut as Turner's replacement - as his only available senior goalkeeper.

Westerveld is currently at Portsmouth but has made just seven appearances for the club this season.

The 31-year-old could go straight into the team for the trip to Newcastle on Saturday.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
arfy05 said:
career been a step down ever since he left Liverpool :D, i think he's desperate :lala:

:D:pp
seems to me he now plays for the best club in Merseyside. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
PAULMAY said:
seems to me he now plays for the best club in Merseyside. :thumbsup:
Didnt your manager say something similar :lala:, a year later he's yet harbouring dreams of his FIRST silverware ;) while the Real Club of Merseyside have participated in quiite a few finals and won quite a few :proud:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
arfy05 said:
Didnt your manager say something similar :lala:, a year later he's yet harbouring dreams of his FIRST silverware ;) while the Real Club of Merseyside have participated in quiite a few finals and won quite a few :proud:

1) We were the First Club in Liverpool, which means you will allways be the other team
2) We are the Only club to have over 100 years of top flight footie which means you will always be second rate.

3) We are the peoples club of Merseyside and you are and always will be just an afterthough. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
PAULMAY said:
1) We were the First Club in Liverpool, which means you will allways be the other team
no, you were the first, but the fact that Liverpool neeeded another club showed you were not liked in many quarters, if so an alternative would not have been needed, i thank everton for not paying rent and therefore allowing for the birth of the true club of merseyside: Liverpool FC, the club whom put the city of Liverpool on the footballing map ;)

PAULMAY said:
2) We are the Only club to have over 100 years of top flight footie which means you will always be second rate.
second rate :howler:, i admit it is an achievement being in the legue for so many years, but its what you do in the league that matter ;), im not gonna give you numbers, i dont need to, we know who ranks where :D.

PAULMAY said:
3) We are the peoples club of Merseyside and you are and always will be just an afterthough. :thumbsup:
funny this, i was under the illusion most clubs were supported by people and not aliens :D, so in theory all clubs are the "people's club" ;),

you are not the people's club of merseyside, if you were, Anfield would be like how Delli Alpi is in turin, the fact that it isn't kills this evertonian myth. :lala:

BTW we are the Culture Club :thumbsup:

PS: I come in paece, i dont come to wind up or troll, i just feel sorry for sander to have to taste the blue of everton, after the beautiful red of Liverpool, he may never be the same again :D:pp

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your wrong most clubs arent supported by People There are a quite few that are supported by Animals Hense the need for a second team in Liverpool. :notlist:

I mean where else are we going to put all those Hooligans on a saturday afternoon. Unfortunately they let them into Europe and they get the nation banned. :lala:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
arfy05 said:
i just came to post in a humurous way, but i guess many may feel my actions were OTT, so i'll pass comment on certain things and leave you lads at it.
We love you lad and Just PLaying, dont get so meladramatic. :D

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
arfy05 said:
no, you were the first, but the fact that Liverpool neeeded another club showed you were not liked in many quarters,
not liked in many quarters?
apart both grounds from beein a stone's throw away, the next time you go to a game, check the side street right on the corner of the hillsborough memorial.
in the window you'll see an everton banner. :D

if so an alternative would not have been needed, i thank everton for not paying rent and therefore allowing for the birth of the true club of merseyside: Liverpool FC, the club whom put the city of Liverpool on the footballing map ;)
the rent at anfield was doubled within a few years.
if that happens to your apartment now, would you stay or move on? :tongue:

i admit it is an achievement being in the legue for so many years, but its what you do in the league that matter ;), im not gonna give you numbers, i dont need to, we know who ranks where :D.
of course lfc has won a lot and noone's arguing about your success beeing much much more, than everton's.
if one would support only the successfull clubs, then they can hop on the train and enjoy the ride with lfc, man utd., chelsea and arsenal.
nothing wrong with that.
but to me there are so many more reasons to support a club than just guaranteed silverware every 3-4 years.

please no more red-colored words in the everton forum. :tongue:

i know you came in a humorous way, so nothing wrong with popping in every now and then.
if there's one thing this forum definitly needs, it's much more traffic. :)

looking forward to the derby already. :D
beattie to score the winner...

some memories from december 2004:
leeeeeeeeeeeeee caaaaarrrrssssllleeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts