Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David Moyes has done a great job in lifting Everton ever closer to safety. Since taking over, we've won 3 out of our last 4 games and are really only a win away from safety.

Moyes seems capable of bringing the best out of a mediocre lot, something Smith NEVER was capable of doing. We were drubbed 6-2 by Newcastle, but responded well by beating Bolton. Something that would never have happened under Smith.

Next season, look out as Everton will be back and roaring!

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Good to see that Everton is creeping its way slowly to safety.

But seriously, I do not see the next season to be that promising. First off, the injection of cash to obtain new players and perhaps doing a clean-up operation is in due. Secondly, even with the inclusion of these new players, it would be a while before Everton can reach the heights of 80s. But frankly, Everton's main aim now is to stop being one of those perennial season strugglers. They were doing well at the start of the season but a series of winless streaks follows and down it goes in the EPL standings. They should concentrate on following the footsteps of Charlton and Tottenham, which season in season out, manages top 10 finishes. Only then can we say that Everton has managed to take a step forward firmly.

paw;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think it's till too early to make any judgement on David Moyes. Everton need to win against "bigger" clubs, such as Arsenal, Tottenham, etc. And 1 good way to judge David Moyes is today when Everton travels to Chelsea, and see whether Everton can get a good win against them. Not too sure whether next season will be a roaring one, but an upper mid-table position will be a good one to build on. Seems, like Everton is one of the poorest clubs in the Premiership, even though it has one of the biggest fan support in England. It's going to be difficult competing with other richer clubs in the Premiership for players.
But it has been very pleasing to see Everton climbing slowly to safety in the last 4 games, after a horrifying slide to the relegation zone. Hope that the Everton players and management don't disappoint the many Everton fans around the world who have supported them through the up and downs. :) :smileani:

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We do need to clear the house and get new players, but we're getting there.

We won't go down. My tips for this season:
Champions: Arsenal
Runners-up: Man United
Other CL places: Liverpool, Newcastle
UEFA Cup place: Chelsea, Blackburn, whoever finishes FA Cup runners-up
Relegation: Ipswich (sadly), Derby, Leicester

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
come back to me in 2 years and maybe then we can have a discussion about how Moyes has done.

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You've gotta admit though that we've improved our game significantly. This week we lost to Chelsea, I'm sure we'll respond well against Leicester.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts