Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Abel and Everton can't agree on a contract renewal so Everton feel they have to sell the guy. Now they have asked us because we were interested before.

What do you think? I think we could use someone like him for next year at least. Experienced and good in the air. Ferrari and Bonera are way too young to be the starting together. One of them can start next to either Djetou or Xavier but not both.

But then again, I'm not too familiar with the EPL so Abel could just as well s*ck the big one.

BTW, Abel is a portuguese international born in November 1972. That makes him just over 29 years old and should have some 4-5 years left in him.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Naah, Xavier is not good enough. First of all, he is primarily a right back and we already have Diana and Sartor there. Secondly, he isnt any better than Ferrari, Bonera or Djetou.

If Canna leaves next season, and we buy a central defender, someone like Giulio Falcone from Bologna would make a great buy. He would be cheap (because of age) and has had a great season.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
useless?

LIT said:
Yes, Abel is useless for us! We need a LEFT back!:eek: :(
And a striker BTW...:rolleyes:
I think if you dont get relegate dhe is a great pick up but he has very high wage demands$$ can Parma afford that?:confused: but looks to be a great fit at your team.

How is Hakan Suker doing he is a great player i hope he helps Parma beat relugation with guys like Di vio and Canavaro i cant understand why a good team like Parma is struggling. :depress: :depress:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I don't think Abel Xavier is what parma need. he is a better than average defender, hes, but not quite a top serie a team calibre player. look elsewhere for a defender...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can Parma afford Xavier's wages? Are you kidding me? Parma offered $70M for Toldo + Rui Costa last summer. That's not something you do when you suffer financially...

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
does anyone know about how much mooney parma has?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
what money??lol....

If they have money they have no inteligence on buying players?:rolleyes: they had so many :star: players they lost like Crespo,Conceicao,etc..

Marco Di Vaio and Cannavaro better not be sold and the best pick up i seen in a while was getting Hakan Sukur pure talent with no chance at Inter he will help you guys....

Abel Xavier demands alot of $$ and after the Nakata flop thing I dont think Parma have money to offer to players so they cant resist,plus Abel has said he wants to go to a CL team not a team about to be relegated.
:rolleyes:

I just hope you turn things around and beat relegation;)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oporto,

Yeah, Abel Xavier is a world class superstar and how would Parma be able to pay him? Beats me... :rolleyes:

But I don't care. Abel Xavier is a nobody abd wouldn't even be a starter for us. So take your crap elsewhere.

Oh yeah, and Sukur IS great. I've always said that and now he's starting to show it again. Who can judge him because of what he did at Inter?

BTW, did I say that Abel Xavier is a nobody?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Abel Xavier signs big ass deal in pool!!

VERDI said:
Oporto,

Yeah, Abel Xavier is a world class superstar and how would Parma be able to pay him? Beats me... :rolleyes:

But I don't care. Abel Xavier is a nobody abd wouldn't even be a starter for us. So take your crap elsewhere.

Oh yeah, and Sukur IS great. I've always said that and now he's starting to show it again. Who can judge him because of what he did at Inter?

BTW, did I say that Abel Xavier is a nobody?
BTW-You are right about one thing Hakan Sukur is great I always respected him and his talents too bad Inter dident and now Parma does Verdi.Hakan already showed Parma he can score lets hope he keeps it up and saves you from relagation.

Oh as for the Abel Xavier thing being nobody?not a starter at Parma well seems to me I guess Liverpool is crap:rolleyes: LOL he joined a better club one of the best in EPL and the coach Hollier already said Abel will start this week against Leeds and it seem Liverpool are in the CL where is Parma?("abel is just the guy we need at the back")

I aint going to knock your team since I like alot of players on the team like Marco DiViao,Hakan Sukur,Cannavaro but to say Abel Xavier a ex- portuguese international has no spot on parma,lol:D I think he and Canavaroo at the back would do great things only problem for Parma in the deal was Xavier refused to join because of his wage demands and also the big picture Champions League he wants to play in the CL where Liverpool the London club is and not Parma.(who just might be relegated from serieA):depress:

1.1 million paid for his(A.X) services for the rest of the season....

Go Abel....Hope he does great so Portugal will give him another chance he deserves to be in 2002WC and that might just help..

Cant wait to see Liverpool play specially when they play Everton again he just signed with their rivals and refused to sign an extension with Everton.:dazed:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
We allready have two great right-backs, something Liverpool obviously lacks. That's a reason to why he went there.

And I won't loose any sleep over us missing this great opportunity to sign him.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks to GH for saving us from the misery of seeing Xavier in gialloblu jersey! :)

I watched Mr. Xavier play a cup tie against Stoke (Div 2, remember), and the second-rate forwards made him look a complete, clumsy clown - absolutely the biggest damage-carrying risk factor in Everton's defence (which then again isn't the tightest in Premier League). God, he's slower than Blanc!!! :eek:

But probably he'll be a Jesus at Anfield...at least he's got the beard...:tongue:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
LOL are you a joke Kari?

Kari said:
Thanks to GH for saving us from the misery of seeing Xavier in gialloblu ugly jersey we are relagated and true Parma does suck! :)

I watched Mr. Xavier play a cup tie against Stoke (Div 2, remember), and the second-rate forwards made him look a complete, clumsy clown - absolutely the biggest damage-carrying risk factor in Everton's defence (which then again isn't the tightest in Premier League). God, he's slower than Blanc!!! :eek:

But probably he'll be a Jesus at Anfield...at least he's got the beard...:tongue:

You mocking his beard?LOL:D

the crazy blond:dazed: has mad skills.........

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Oporto said:
... Liverpool the London club is and not Parma.(who just might be relegated from serieA):depress:
:rollani:

Bwahahahaha! That's new... London club? Liverpool? :dielaugh:

Would you please stop mocking our beloved club?! Many (non-Parma fans included) have already said that we DO NOT need Abel Xavier in team.

Whatever you said. I would hate to see Parma relegate, but I'm a supporter. :cool:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Abel Xavier

All I am saying is he was hurt at Everton a long time and was suspended like 9 months from playing in the National Team so you can say he is a bit rusty but when he is on and 100% Abel is a gread hard tackle defender the reads the field very well and can help a club like Parma or Liverpool and his transfer fee was not alot the palyer demands high wages but I beleive is worth it and I hope he does well so Portugal will take another look at him and maybe give him another chance,for that to happen he has to be impressive and perform well in the EPL and help Liverpool solve their back problems.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Can't we just ship this whole thread over to the Liverpool forum or something?

It has nothing to do with Parma.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
A.X news....

The only thing connecting Abel Xavier with Parma was Everton looked to sell him and there was a rumor Abel would go back to serieA where he had played before for Bari but the talks ended and the player joined Liverpool.

I hope he does well and it might just be a temp choice...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts