Xtratime Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though Evertonians have had little to celebrate in over a decade they can take sollis and pride in the fact that Everton are the first team to reach the 100 year plato of top flight Football. Formed in 1882 Everton have spent only four Years out of top flight Football.
The nearest team to Everton are Aston Villa. with 92 years, but by the Time they reach 100 Everton will be at 108.

Before anyone asks why dont the years add up. this is due to Football being stopped for two world wars. Thanks Everton for giving Evertonians 100 years of elite football. Even if you at times failed to play at an Elite level.

·
International
9,526 Posts
My grandfather was there when Dixie score his hattrick in 1928, to put him on 60 league goals for the season. And also, when Tommy Lawton was doing the biz in the 30's. What has been allowed to happen to that club is criminal.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Growing up in a Liverpool household where my father painted the house red where ever we lived, the only one who gave me any Everton history was an Uncle who was a devout Evertonian. (The only one in the Family. ) You might say he was the Black sheep of the Family, Took me to My first Everton match. It was Leeds Vs Everton. Mickey Lyons Scored a Beautiful diving Header In front of the boot of Billy Bremner. Mickey picked himself up Blood soaked and stood in front of the street end raising his fists. Game set and match. I was hooked. (couple that with a hard crush on the Toffee Girl), I never missed a home match for the next seven years till I moved to the US. From there it was the shortwave, and now the internet. Ive seen them rise and fall, but in the past there was always a light at the end of the tunnel. Today I see none, not untill ownership changes.
What gets my gaul is we trade young stars and get nothing in return, Someone is lining there pockets with the blood of all true Evertonians. Think about it if other clubs in the EPL had to endure what we have had to do you think they would be playing infront of capacity crowds week in and week out? I think not. The last home match of the season saw every Evertonian stay to see there team do a lap of honor after a dismal performance on the field once again.
While we here the fans of Leeds and Chelsea blast management and players who earn twice that of Everton, we stop and wonder what kind of support would the give their club if they put out a team that Everton has in the past ten years.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not what I hear out of David Moyes. He is already crying the blues about money, even after the 30. Mill they recieved. It looks like the board have all bought new homes in the Isle Of Man. whats left will go to the team.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Half of my family support Everton and its a shame that i don't see much of them now because i would love to tease them about the state of the club now. So saying that, i want Everton to get back to the top because there was nothing like seeing Liverpool beat them in the league and at Wembley.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts