Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive never found it so hard to make a Champ decision before! Here's the story:

I was managing Villa for 18 months, got sacked and quickly got offered the job at 3rd division Swansea, i took it on and was promoted into the prem within five seasons with the club.

The last two season's Ive spent in the prem have results in us finishing 12th and then 11th which both board and fans are delighted with. The board are still a little tight with the transfer money, well, £8.5m isnt that tight, but i wanted more and they're being tarts and saying that "they havent seen returns on what i spent last season" which is nonsense because i got them £17m for staying in the prem (£17m each season) and the season ticket sales are about £5m aswell when they were about £250,000 when i joined. So im just a bit gutted with not getting that much money, they also wont let me extend my wage bill beyond £23,000p/w when im trying to sign the biggest young player in England who has a min fee clause of £6.25m..

Anyway, Liverpool have just come in and offered me a job as their manager, they still have they're stars in Owen, Le Tallec and Gerrard and they have considerably better youngsters than I do, but i just dont know whether i can leave.

Has this happened to you before? where you've been offered a job at a top 3 club and you're finding it hard to leave a mid table one..

its really pissing me off, i got offered the job at 5pm yesterday, its 10am today and i still dont know.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I'd take the Liverpool job to. But what you can do is to create a backup of this game, and then go back where you left off with Swansea if things dont work out at Liverpool. ;)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Dracula said:
I'd take the Liverpool job to. But what you can do is to create a backup of this game, and then go back where you left off with Swansea if things dont work out at Liverpool. ;)
Yeah, I also do this.

I think the choice is obvious, take the job. Getting other jobs like you can here is IMO the best part of the CM games, it's just incredibly fun.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i agree with you tarmpropp, it is one of the best parts of the game, but liverpool being a bigger club doesnt make it the right decision does it?

i mean, if Liverpool were top 3 and expected to challange for the title, i would probably go for it, but they're going in the opposite direction to where Swansea are going. Liverpool have the bigger balance, wage budget, players, stadium etc, but they are mid table and finished only 3 places ahead of my Swansea last season.

And anyway, i think i deserved a chance with a premiership club when i was in the first division and nobody would take a risk on me. So i shouldnt take a risk on changing clubs ;)

I still dont know, i mean restoring Liverpool to their former glories appeals to me a lot aswell..

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I was playing my regular Parma game when I got the Chelsea job after 3 seasons. I did what you guys suggested. I kept a copy of my Parma game just after I left for London. Big mistake. After a thrilling transfer market with a €100M+ moneybag I played some friendlies with my new Chelsea team only to find out that I missed my home grown Parma team and wanted to see how far I could take them.

I have five leagues running I think. Italy, England, Spain, Germany and France. My big goal with this game is to win all leagues using the same coach. They say that it's hard to get jobs abroad when you're using some of the early patches (like I am) so the Chelsea job was great for me to get. I've already won Serie A with Parma. One or two seasons with Chelsea would do the trick for the Premiership. After that I would need a new club again. But by then my reputation would be quite high I hope...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
JKris said:
I never change teams, I become to attached to them... and I can't play without managing Milan.
I always play as Parma too... But at least that's a kind of a challenge as you probably won't win anything right from the start. Playing as Milan must be awfully boring as you start out with a super squad and you can buy whoever you like...

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Changing a team is always hard, as you will be attached to the team you are leaving, and you will always be left the question whether you could have taken the former club even farther or not.

·
*the drum drum*
42,593 Posts
Well, if you want to play in a game that goes on for years and years, you're best off moving clubs..

If you stick with the one club for years and years, and finally get bored with it.. then you're stuck, you're stubborn so you won't move to another club, but you're bored so you won't continue on with the game.. ;)

When I get a bit bored with my club, I'll move to another team.. I'll always move to another division though, so I don't come up against my old club in the league..
Sometimes you can't help it though, and your old club will beat you with a silver goal in the CL final :fero:

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I always move clubs, I usually get bored unless I get lots of young players and then I want to see how good the youngsters get.

·
*the drum drum*
42,593 Posts
On this issue, I've just jumped ship from European champions' Olympique Marseille to Spanish underachievers Atletico Madrid..

And to my suprise, a hell of a lot more players are interested in signing for my new club who can't offer great wages and (for some reason) expects to just escape relegation (despite having a pretty good squad!), than they where for my European champions who could offer nearly three times the wages..!

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I am sure I'll come upon this in due time. I am currently in my ninth season with Real Madrid and have been extremely successful. Right now it is becoming interesting because of the transition we're undergoing, i.e. the core is getting old and I will have to replace a good part of the team with youngsters. At the rate we're going, however, who knows how long I will remain interested? I might get bored after the 10th season, or maybe not until the 20th? I am also running Argentina and Italy, however, and Secunda Division B, so I am sure I'll be able to find a fun challenge should the time come.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts