Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these just Italian rumours or could there be some truth to it. One thing that would puzzle me is why England would go for another coach from with Italian experience after the not so successful experiment with Sven. One could argue that Capello is a much better coach than Sven (for obvious reasons) but his success has been at club level. The national level is a different beast because you don't have total control over your players.

If Capello leaves Juve, what's the next option, are we going to raid Roma again?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could argue though that Capello has only done well with teams with stars and only takes them to the promised land i.e. a la Phil Jackson (basketball).. he hasn't really had to build teams and the only superstar/or potential imo in the england squad is Rooney.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
so, as of my running count, capello has been linked to real madrid, manchester united, milan, inter, england, spain and thun (i'm sure there's a newspaper in switzerland that has capello's name linked to their club)...and eto'o complains that all the reports of him moving to chelsea are just to get him off his game, i wonder where all these capello reports come from...

once again just for the people in the back, why would capello leave a juventus team where he has gotten every player he's asked for and stand a very good chance of seriously contending for the next 3-4 years (and i say seriously contend, because every year inter is said to be one of the favorites for the scudetto and yet never win it...when does a perennial loser get the "favorite" tag dropped)...smart money says sometime within the next few weeks juventus announces the resigning of moggi, giraudo, bettega AND capello untill 2009/2010

·
Registered
724 Posts
i read juve want to bring ericson or donadoni to juve after capello go to england.
i dont want ericson because he won with lazio and juve lost in 2000 and i dont want donadoni because he is from milan.
i want juve to bring lippi again and bring conte and ferrara to help him and then when lippi go ferrara and conte can become coach.
what you think.
please talk.

http://www.goal.com/it/articolo.aspx?contenutoId=14683

Sven o Donadoni per la nuova Juve (C.d.Sport)

I due sono favoriti nei confronti di Gianluca Vialli.

La squadra domina la stagione, la società è nel mezzo del guado. Sono le due facce della Juventus. Con lo scudetto ormai in tasca, Capello sta preparando l’assalto alla Champions League. Ma c’è anche l’altra faccia della Juve: quella futura che stenta a prendere contorni nonostante i successi a catena della squadra. Una situazione un po’ paradossale legata ai silenzi del vertice della famiglia Agnelli.

In passato i contratti con la Triade venivano rinnovati con largo anticipo mentre adesso la tendenza sembra opposta. Giraudo, Moggi, Bettega e Capello, però si sono legati tra loro a filo doppio: se va via uno andranno via tutti.

Se dovesse andare via Capello Eriksson alla Juve è un’idea che piace ai vertici dell’Ifil e degli Agnelli. Lo svedese per competenza tecnica, signorilità e senso della misura negli atteggiamenti interpreta bene il personaggio che la Famiglia vorrebbe al vertice della squadra. Sven inoltre conosce bene l’italiano e il nostro campionato.

Piace molto anche Roberto Donadoni. L’ex milanista ha fatto molto bene a Livorno, e soprattutto è piaciuto il suo atteggiamento in occasione del sorprendente licenziamento in tronco decretato da Spinelli. Il suo passato da milanista sarebbe l’unico motivo di perplessità, peraltro risolvibile visto che nel 1976 la Juventus risolse il problema della panchina chiamando un milanista doc come Giovanni Trapattoni.

Si parla anche di Gianluca Vialli, ma l’ex attaccante bianconero è un passo indietro rispetto agli altri pretendenti.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
The rumours about Donadoni and Eriksson are at best ridiculous. Nuff said.

Capello has time and again reaffirmed that he isn't interest in an NT coaching job. England has a certain lure to it though considering it's history in the game - and the money they can spend, of course. But I don't believe in it anyway. If Capello is leaving it's for Real or - perhaps- United. And even then we will be getting lots of dough if it's before 2007 and then we could move for actually worthy candidates like Prandelli or... to make Roma-fans absolutely beyond to bend kinda angry... Spalletti.
Otherwise I'd say Paul Le Guin, but that is just admiration talking and not realism.

This rumour on the other hand - shuffle it. We're not moving for either of the mentioned two at least, although one can never quite be certain about Capello.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
eringi said:
you could argue though that Capello has only done well with teams with stars and only takes them to the promised land i.e. a la Phil Jackson (basketball).. he hasn't really had to build teams and the only superstar/or potential imo in the england squad is Rooney.
I think England has more than just Rooney. They have stars all over the park, even if they lack in certain areas, name a NT which doesnt??

I really doubt that he'll coach England, if anything, it could very well be the italian NT. Lippi is a great coach but he could very well move on after this world cup...maybe even return to juventus for the third time.

Another fact is that Juve only has italian coaches, so Sven is out of the question, and quite frankly, he isnt good enough in my opinion. he had a superstar team at Lazio and should have won more than he did. And his performances managing England are not great either.

Could all these rumours be an attempt to try and casue a row at juve as their winning streak seems to be unstoppable?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Rumors, yes. But I do like Donadoni and think he has the potential to become one of Europe's finest.

Still, Capello will be replaced some day. But not in the papers today.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
England swoop for Capello Friday 17 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello has been approached by the Football Association with a view to him becoming the head Coach of England, according to reports in Italy.

The English FA have been looking for a new man to take over after the World Cup this summer, ever since the decision was taken last month for Sven Goran Eriksson to step down after the tournament.

Candidates that have so far been linked to the post include former Celtic boss Martin O’Neill, Manchester City manager Stuart Pearce and Alan Curbishley of Charlton Athletic.

However, it has since emerged that the FA are interested in luring a more high-profile name, with Capello’s exemplary success record at club level putting him top of their wish list.

Capello has been repeatedly linked with a move to Real Madrid, where he won the Primera Liga in his only season in Spain 1996, but with Capello having indicated recently that he would be interested in trying a new adventure, the England job could well appeal.

“I have always said that I would be interested in working in England,” he told Football Italia in November.

While, last month, he also revealed that he would not be averse to bossing an international team.

“Coaching a foreign national side appeals to me,” he said in January. “This would take up two to three months of my time and would allow me to travel.”

However, whether or not Don Fabio is yet ready to walk out on Juventus remains to be seen.

He has always maintained that he will see out his contract until the end of next season, before embarking on a new challenge.

The English FA, however, are said to be prepared to offer him a luxury pad in London in addition to a salary of £4.7m a year until the 2010 World Cup.

channel4

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Donadoni looks like he has the potential but i think he is still a few seasons away from coaching a big team.

I wonder if Deschamps would still be interesting in the job.

·
Banned
114 Posts
Capello has stated numerous times that he wants to coach for another 3 seasons and then quit. Moreover, he said that he wouldn't consider coaching a national team simply because it is really a part-time job. He said that he wants to coach a team on a daily basis...............Therefore, ANOTHER CRAP STORY!!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
If Capello remains successful in his last three years of club coaching, I can see him going on to NTs after that. Not before though; I imagine he'd want to win the Champions' League before leaving Juve (or Real), and its not as if we don't pay him a truckload of dough already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts