Xtratime Community banner

Event of the year (World)

• 1-Devrik Irak lideri Saddam Hüseyin'in yakalanmasý (Saddam's capture)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 2-Irak savaþý (War in Iraq)

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • 3-Dünyayý esir alan SARS salgýný (SARS)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 4-Ýranlý insan haklarý savunucusu Þirin Ebadi'nin Nobel Barýþ odülü'nü almasý (Edabi winning the Nob

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-Ýranlý yapýþýk ikizlerin ölümü (Iranian twins' death)

• 6-Ýsveç Dýþiþleri Bakaný Anna Lindh'in öldürülmesi (The assasination of the Swedish President)

• 7-Süleymaniye'de 11 Türk askerinin baþlarýna çuval geçirilerek gözaltýna alýnmasý (The capture of 11

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 8-Uzay mekiði Columbia'nýn düþmesi (The crash of the space shuttle Columbia)

• 9-New York'ta esrarengiz elektrik kesintisi (The blackout in New York and other cities in US)

• 10-Fransa'da türban yasaðý (The ban for turban in France in schools)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 11- The fall of XT and the move to WFB, only for us to fall out and come back (by popular demand :D)

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Definately option 11....:D :tongue: ;)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I'd also have to say the War in Iraq

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Loll couldn't stop laughing when i read that one :howler:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Iraq war of course. The worlds attention was on it...

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
wat was the situation with 11 soldiers bein captured by u.s. forces :howler: never heard of it...

war of iraq...

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
First on my list is SARS cos it affected us as a nation and a people. More than 30 Singaporeans died, including doctors and nurses who cared for the victims. Worse still, some of the families of the dead were shunned by their relatives, neighbours, school mates and working colleagues :( The sick who were hospitalised were not allowed visitors. Each time I went for my medical appointment at the hospital (which was frequent but not SARS related), it was (and still is) compulsory to have our body temperatures taken. After that they'd give us stickers (to say that we're OK) and face masks, which we had to put on for as long as we're in the vicinity of the hospital.

It was the same every morning at the office - we had to measure our body temperature first before starting work. Business were so bad that some shops went bust cos many people were afraid to go out. Tourists avoided our country like the plague; Singapore was 'blacklisted' by WHO. We eventually beat that virus but now it's back. Not in Singapore but in some other Asian countries.

Next on my list is the Iraq War and then Ladan and Laleh. They came, they touched our hearts and when they left us, we prayed and cried for them....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts