Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello soccer fans,

Now that you have been using our new Xtratime Soccer Forums for a few days, we would like to know if you have any suggestions to improve your stay at the Forums.

What is missing? Sections? Options? Forums?

All suggestions are welcome and you can either reply to this post or send your comments to: [email protected]

Please keep your suggestions fresh and ambitious, but also realistic. We cannot perform miracles, but if you have some good ideas to build an even better and stronger community are we willing to go a long way to make it happen.

We are currently working on the Active Topics features and will also be adding a "Favourite Club" field to the profile which will then show which club you love most below your username when you post. Both of these features should be up and running as we wan't them some time Sunday...

Furthermore we need moderators for the the following forums:
transfer news and rumors, off topic, Deportivo La Coruna, Scottish Soccer, Mexican Soccer, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL...

So if you have an interest in one or more of those please let us know below.

Thanks for your help and support!

Jan

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Hello Jan, first let me congratulate you for your great job!Just keep it up!:)
Also, since you're looking for moderators, i'm interested in the "transfer news and rumours" and the CONCACAF ones as i'm here in canada and can have access to fresh news regarding that area.
Also, being French, if you need i would love to help on the French forum as i have always access to news directly from France which can be of interest to football fans and especially the french ones.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Ciao amico!

Forza Magico Milan!
Allez les Bleus!

The world will be...Bleu Blanc Rouge...once again!

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
Hi, Jan,

Kudos for all your hard work on the new Xtratime Forums. Your efforts had certainly paid off! Access time is much faster and the overall design is superb.

I think it will be icing on the cake if one more thing could be added to the almost perfect Forums.

It has been a great idea to link a fan site--official or otherwise--to each forum. Laziomania is an outstanding example. It will be wonderful if the same can be done for the Fiorentina, Parma and other forums. There are a lot of informative and professional fan sites, I am sure they will love to link to Xtratime.

Last but not least, I really appreciate your support and fairness. Running Xtratime must be more trying than being Collina the referee! ;) But you have done a fantastic job, thanks again.

A

·
0 Posts
what is a moderator????

hi jan
i really liked the new look
and i would like to be moderator in the transfer news and rumours.
but can you help me with what does a moderator have to do.
i can help you with transfer rumours as i visit almost 10 football sites everyday for soccer news.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Hi Jan,

I really like the new look, but mostly I like how much more efficiently it works now.
I also like all the :) :D :eek: ;) I just miss the screaming one.

I would like to be the Scottish moderator, but I also would like to know exactly what it involves. What would be required of me? :confused:

Thanks…

X

·
0 Posts
hey jan!
i can only add that this site has become really great now!
congrats!!!!;)
well i'd be interested to moderate the off-topic forum if that's ok with ya..

thanx

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As moderator you basically just help keeping things lively and clean. Also you help other posters out if they are in doubt about something.

If you need something or meet someone you don't know how to deal with just mail me ([email protected]) and I will come to your rescue.

The links you use to edit, move, and delete topics and messages is at the bottom of the forum itself, but use them sparingly and ask if in doubt and if you need someone banned.

When I decide I have the people I need I will set them up and announce them here.

Jan

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Jan, if you need help with the off topic, I'm sure that all of us regulars on the Brazilian forum could help you...we seem to be masters of the off topic! ;)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Suggestions and scottish moderator

Hi Jan, for suggestions;

1 it would be good if i didnt have to type my password on every post with only logging on and using cookies etc so that i dont have to type my name and password every post as i usually make a few when online and would make more if it was easier

2 make the pages simpler they take far too long to load

As the name suggests, im a Juventus and Celtic fan so would love to help out on a Scottish page as i feel, although i will be swayed in Celtic's favour, i would give a good account and fair(close as i can!) representation of all involved.ill email u this too so i get yuor reply.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Suggestions and scottish moderator

Hi Jan, for suggestions;

1 it would be good if i didnt have to type my password on every post with only logging on and using cookies etc so that i dont have to type my name and password every post as i usually make a few when online and would make more if it was easier

2 make the pages simpler they take far too long to load

As the name suggests, im a Juventus and Celtic fan so would love to help out on a Scottish page as i feel, although i will be swayed in Celtic's favour, i would give a good account and fair(close as i can!) representation of all involved.ill email u this too so i get yuor reply.

Cheers.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
JuveBhoy; About writing your username and password every time, it's simply a question of allowing the site itself to grant you access withut writing them.
You edit that part through the link "profile" which you will see in the top of the page.

Now- go edit and see you in the Juve forum :).

Ciao.

O

·
0 Posts
TO JAN

hi jan...
it will be my pleasureto be a moderator...in this great site
it sure feels nice to be part of this great family around the world
well...here is why i think ..i can be ur (transfers).moderator..

1:i played in the german 2nd bundesliga...in a club named
fc.badgodesberg...for 3 years from 1993...
2:i travel a lot around the world..i live in egypt..but ive been to 12 countries..in the past 3 years...even this mail iam sending it from ny..in the states..i have lots of ffriends around the world...
3: i speak german,english,arabic,french...

4:i am a sucscriber for more than 4 football perodicals
including..(sport bilde,onze,worldsoccer,...the other is an egyptian magazine that u probably dont know..

5:i have a favourite team in every country..so this keeps me eager to know all about it

6:I STUDY COMPUTER ENGINEERING..

FOR ME FOOTBALL IS LARGER THAN LIFE......SO PLEASE
DONT TAKE MY LIFE OUT OF ME...

PS:IF THE TRANSFERE MODERATOR IS ALREADY TAKEN I WOULD BE GLAD TO SERVE ANYWHERE...AS LONG AS IT IS UNDER THE NAME
XTRATIME

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Jan

Jan ,
I would like to be a moderator of the Transfer's topic!
i know all i need to know about transfers...
In europe or in the other continets...
I have sources in other countries that tell me every time about a transfer...
If that job is already taken i will be glad to be a moderator of CONMEBOL...
If not...
then the off topic...
I have a lot of expirience in this site...
I would be glad if u let me know soon...
Igor-Turkov...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think I will settle for filling a few more positions now and then follow up on this over the summer.

Thanks for all the positive comments :D

New moderators are:

Transfer news and rumors : Igor-Turkov
Away from Soccer : Natalya & xax
CONCACAF : San_Siro_1
Scottish Soccer : LadyEagle
CONMEBOL : EL MATADOR

That does not mean the rest of you have no chance of becoming moderators, just that I need to know you for a little longer, okay? :) With the growth we experience I am sure you will get the chance later...

Jan

1 - 20 of 36 Posts