Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Isnt Pato like past it also, because of injury problems, stats say he didnt have good season in Brazil.

·
Administrator
30,467 Posts
Felipe, Diego and Rafinha are the only players better than the players in Scolari staring XI, Miranda and coutinho the only that could also be called in the bench. And considering the low form of PL players in this cup, we should be weary of Coutinho.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,569 Posts
Problems with the Scolari team: no top class goalie, Fred and Jo as strikers and a guy like Hulk starting most matches. Other than that, the team was fine on paper. They simply crumbled under pressure and fell apart mentally when the stakes got too high...would've happened with somewhat different lineups too.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Ok call me romantic, but I would have take RG as sub...in no way he would have been worse than Oscar and cia...he would have his garotas at hand, free beer, etc....for christ sake it feels like such a tragedy that he didn't play in his own country a WC....

yes I know I love the dude, but still I have a point...I think that even Messi and Neymar would have played better just for the after-office parties he would have thrown

PD I've just imagined Antionella moving that arse of her with RG playing some drums....que fuerte esta la mina de messi por dios le doy hasta que Marcela aprenda a no hablitar a todo el mundo...

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Problems with the Scolari team: no top class goalie, Fred and Jo as strikers and a guy like Hulk starting most matches. Other than that, the team was fine on paper. They simply crumbled under pressure and fell apart mentally when the stakes got too high...would've happened with somewhat different lineups too.
You though marcelo and luiz were good in defence, or that any of their mids were competent in their ball retention?

They fell apart because side show bob thinks he's fcking beckenbauer, when he's not even roque junior.

·
Qfwfg
575 Posts
Lucas? Sandro? Rafinha? Pato?

Yeah, Germany would still laugh.

I don't think any combination of Brazil players was getting past the Germans, so in a way the current team, the abject humiliation not withstanding, did about the best Brazil could have done, position wise.

·
The Parameter
4,309 Posts
You though marcelo and luiz were good in defence, or that any of their mids were competent in their ball retention?

They fell apart because side show bob thinks he's fcking beckenbauer, when he's not even roque junior.
They should have played with an extra defender 2002 style.

·
Administrator
30,467 Posts
Ok call me romantic, but I would have take RG as sub...in no way he would have been worse than Oscar and cia...he would have his garotas at hand, free beer, etc....for christ sake it feels like such a tragedy that he didn't play in his own country a WC....

yes I know I love the dude, but still I have a point...I think that even Messi and Neymar would have played better just for the after-office parties he would have thrown

PD I've just imagined Antionella moving that arse of her with RG playing some drums....que fuerte esta la mina de messi por dios le doy hasta que Marcela aprenda a no hablitar a todo el mundo...
Well, not point because he got injuried last year, tried to play the games in Marrocos with the injury instead of treating and this year tried the Libertadores, so after the team was out was when he finally had time for it, returning only 2 weeks ago in friendlies with China and still unable to go for 90 minutes. But frankly, he would not stop Neymar injury nor defend for Marcelo...

Anyways, how delluded is this talk about Pato. 5 years ago it was already stabilished he was a failure. Not now. After the this, he just got worst and worst.

And I do not think 3 defenders would be a huge difference. You would still have Marcelo not defending at all and thinking he was a solution in the attack, giving the ball away. Alves was a problem, but you notice how just placing Maicon - not even doing anything great- closed the space left behind his back. But Marcelo was impossible, even when he was back in the defense, he was a disaster. How many times he destroyed the offiside line just because we was having some trip. And how many times his prensence was the same as nothing, going softly, slow to the ball.

Everything - Luis Gustavo-Fernandiho, David Luiz mispostioning starts there, it was like a table with a broken leg, you just see the cups, plates, forks over it sliding to that side.

And Got worst with Hulk dreams of Batman. The Hulk in the confederation cup was more a fourth man in the middle, a big Zinho, back tracking to cover the full back position. He also had "little ambition", dribbling less, passing fast more and not trying to solve things by himself. This time he was selfish, holding the ball and lowering his head to try to define for himself. But what we see? Either those "close eyes and a bomb" or the hesitation that gave time for defenders to return. This wasted all the strategy of high pressure in the game's start with Chile and Colombia, those games could be easily ended early. And in Germany game was like him giving the ball back - with the help of marcelo - over and over to Lahm. Germany didnt even had to try hard, a simple 2 players on Him did the trick and they didnt even needed to move the ball around to get someone free. Muller was there, open, just waiting.

With hulk this way, Oscar was overloaded. Then, all the rest, if not good, got worst because the wing game was the alternative for Neymar's individual runs.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
That team is still better than several teams that made the QFs. It is all about attitude and coaching and the current Brazil team failed on both counts.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
biggest problem of this team was Hulk being the plalymaker. that killed everything. he misses almost every pass, he shoots the ball in the moon every time, and he killed the confidence of fred.
fred is a victim, he has his share of blame, but in a nutshell, he is a victim

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,476 Posts
Dude..back in Brickell ???? LBJ a goner..we will just have to do without him !! And we WILL !!! :cap:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts