Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it is only one player from our team at the tournament. Also in all squads I found 2 ex-Doria footballers: Quagliarella and Borriello. Have I missed anyone? Is there any player related with Doria at Euro?

I liked Cassano in the first game. When it was 0-2 he tried some nice moves, and some nice passes. He should have had an assist (to Toni). What was quite strange he didn't try anything by himself. It was like Donandoni said him :"You HAVE to pass the ball to Toni!", so Cassano tried to look for Toni. I was waiting for some dribbling and shots.

I would like Donadoni to put Cassano and Del Piero to the starting eleven. But I think he won't be so brave...

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i don`t think donadoni to start with both of them , one of them would be enough for him to play unless there is an emergency case , then he may use them both as what happened against holland . it seems that toni is his favourite striker .

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
It seems Del Piero will get the nod v Romania... IMO a mistake, but at least Cassano may come on around 60-65 again and wave his magic wand :)

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
deano , who do you think is better to start with next to toni ?
also , do you prefer italy play with 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 .. etc ?

of course every form of playing will need specific players .. so , it`s changeable line-up as we saw in the last game when they played as 4-3-3 , obviously .

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I would like to see a similar formation, but with Cassano and DI Natale on the field... also Camoranesi in the 3 man midfield, just like ToniSamp said in the NT forum.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good games from Cassano vs. Romania and France. His form was O.K. What was suprising: his teamworking and fact he almost didn't lost any ball. I think he could try to do something by himself, not only looking for Toni. But the fact he started game vs. France (and then vs.Spain) in the first eleven tells us something. In quaterfinal as whole team he was weak. In the first half Ramos dominated him, especially physically. In my opinion we can say it was quite good tournament for Antonio. Before Euro he even wasn't certain to be in the squad and then he progressed to the starting eleven.

By the way - it was funny when during games he tried to encourage and stimulate Italian supporters. :D

·
Registered
46,843 Posts
He played rather well but should have tried more.

Anyway, the most important thing is that he follows to play the way he knows for us. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts