Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
KisLas said:
great result but im sick of all the talks about how Zalgiris bought the game :(
Shit like that always happens just come to the Macedonian forum and you will know about fixed games :howler: but when ever a team loses they have to make an excuse so like the old saying goes the loser has the right to cry.

·
1st Tier Poster
51,182 Posts
vol said:
Looks like Estonia's year.
The results from first legs are really brilliant, considering how bad our clubs usually do in European competitions. But I'm not getting my hopes up. I wouldn't be surprised if all three will go out after the second leg.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Dinamo Tbilisi - Levadia Tallin 2-0 (Melkadze 45' Orbeladze 50')
Levadia out.
Dinamo playd last 15 minutes with 10 men, Odikadze got red card.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
FBK passed without problems

FBK Kaunas - Havnar Boltfelag 4-0
Velicka 44' Rimkevicius 64' 81' Zelmikas 90'

·
Registered
835 Posts
Maybe Egaleo isn't interested to qualify to next round? Why work hard trying to get past teams like Newcastle United or Valencia just to appear where you started last year - UEFA Cup 1st qual. round?

Throw kids on the pitch, bet on Zalgiris' victory and laugh all the way to bank - that's the option! :D

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Fobal klub said:
'Pool ! :fero:
Hard job, almolst impossible ...
BTW last year Kaunas was close to play Juventus but they lost to Djurgardens 0-2 after 0-0 draw in first match.

·
Registered
835 Posts
When Zalgiris were 2-0 up, Greeks needed 4 goals to progress, but scored "only" three.

It's first time when Lithuanian club reaches 4th round in European cups. OK, it's only Intertoto, and these strange circumstances... but still a memorable event.
Zalgiris faces CFR Cluj (Rom) or Saint-Etienne (Fra) in semifinal, in case of success Wolfsburg/Lens winner awaits them in the Final.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Finally it will be Romanian from Cluj. They have beaten both Bilbao and St-Etienne. :eekani: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
vol said:
Skonto 1-0 Rabotnicki (agg. 1-6)
90' Pereplotkins
Btw, its not Andrejs Pereplotkins, but Andriy Pereplyotkin;
He's neither Latvian, not Russian (like it says on Skonto's official website...)
http://www.skontofc.lv/lat/komanda/andrejs_pereplotkins/
Although he was born in Russia, he is Ukrainian - he lived and grew up in Kharkiv...

P.S. I cheered for Skonto, but really no-one believed in their come back after that nightmare in Skopje...

·
Registered
486 Posts
A great Kaunas took the lead against Liverpool, thanks to Giedrius Baravicius, but the joy for the Lithuanians lasted really little, before the European Chanpions scored 2 goals in 3 minutes, at 27' and 30' going to 1-2 thanks to Cissé and Carragher. Captain Steven Gerrard scored the final 1-3 at 54' from the 11 metres.

Of course Kaunas had no hope against Liverpool, I couldn't see the match unfortunately, but looking at the result I think Kaunas played quite a good match, it would be interesting to read what people who saw the match say!

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Zalgiris Vilnius 1 - 2 CFR Cluj

Not much surprising after what has done Cluj in the tournament so far.

·
Registered
158 Posts
MarioFrick said:
A great Kaunas took the lead against Liverpool, thanks to Giedrius Baravicius, but the joy for the Lithuanians lasted really little, before the European Chanpions scored 2 goals in 3 minutes, at 27' and 30' going to 1-2 thanks to Cissé and Carragher. Captain Steven Gerrard scored the final 1-3 at 54' from the 11 metres.

Of course Kaunas had no hope against Liverpool, I couldn't see the match unfortunately, but looking at the result I think Kaunas played quite a good match, it would be interesting to read what people who saw the match say!
Kaunas had a few chances really it wasn't even close. Kaunas showed some good fighting spirit against such oposition. Kaunas goal was quite a lucky one. Liverpool's fans surprised me. they were quiet almost all the time.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts