Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of years ago i was on holiday in barcelona and on the Rambla i sitted in a dehor.. then i met this argentinian waiter, and i had a little discussion about which football is the best

my point was that, recognised the enormous amount of talent south america has, it must be disciplined and europe is the place where rough diamonds get refined..therefore i stated the superiority of european football all around, as a more refined football entity where the best south american players want to play in, even leaving their excellent south american teams to play in minor european ones, which is a clear prove the european football is highly regarded as the best to play in..i continued saying european football is where all the tactical news come from and the continent where almost all the great clubs belong to

his point was good as well, saying the south american is the best football in the real meaning of the word, the best played from a technical/spectacular point of view and that it's tactically good as well
his good points where the number of WC won by south american NTs and the quality of the football all around. Plus a good part of the best players in the world are south americans (Ronaldo, Rivaldo, pelè, maradona, Ronaldinho, Kakà) and they are the most exciting to watch

Opinions

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
dror_khayat said:
I think that the european football was and is still the best in the world.in europe ther are more great football nations than in S.A.in europe you got:holland,italy,spain,france,england,germany,etc(nations with many good historicall players,teams,coaches,etc...).in S.A you got only:brazil,argentina,and urugway...
But don't forget there is also a larger number of nations in Europe than in SA, so of course there are also more top nations but on the other hands there are also more crap nations nobody cares about. All in all, the competition in SA is much harder than in Europe IMO (for example WC-qualification, while Brazil has to face Argentina in qualification, France or Portugal doesn't have to face Italy or Spain yet)

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Just want to destroy something:
1. Europe is not the only place were tactical news or were tactics different from Europe are made/applied: Helenio Herrera, Bilardo, even Bielsa...
2. SA is not the only place were great football and esthetical players are born..the list is endless...
3. Still SA producing MORE quantity of players that not only fill the usuall Leagues, also Mexico, Russia, etc..etc..the let's say good players, are way more produced in SA, a reason is always a constant, force renovation, but at least in Argentina the eggs of the golden goose are starting to produce at least silver ones, if not cooper in the future...
4. The only thing today is a total Europe for advantage is the structure (stadiums etc..)
5. That SA players will to go to Europe (and note ever..), JXamilo if he has the will to do it will explained to you much better and precise than me, the "Metropoli", etc...
6. When it comes Top Notch in the history of the game, SA had produced the best players in the technical, stylish, and mind strength, but sure Europe is not short of them too.
7. I wonder when someone will realized how hard can be for a human beign to move to another country, even from Uruguay to Argentina, imagine Europe or whatever, and then think of the obstacles, the bullshit, many SA players have to face in oreder to "deserve" to be among the good ones, and now more than ever, with 18 years old, 20, starting a hole new life, in every aspect and better be the new maradona...

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Forza South America!!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
latinos latinos latinos...... :star: :star: :star: we love u.... :cool: :thmbup: :pp never been in latin america but I pleadge it would happen soon ....ohhhh yeahh sooooooooon :tongue: veeeeery sooooon

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rae said:
latinos latinos latinos...... :star: :star: :star: we love u.... :cool: :thmbup: :pp never been in latin america but I pleadge it would happen soon ....ohhhh yeahh sooooooooon :tongue: veeeeery sooooon
i know why you little lithuanian voted for south america :D

there has never been a more biased vote EVER :D

just check down

Attachments

·
Administrator
30,813 Posts
Blablabla, another "Europe is mighty, SA is worker's suply, come to the court and see how our manners and culture is superior"...blah...

THere is no such thing as tatical superiority coming from Europe. Not now, not ever. There is endless contributions from SA to the tatical development of the game, from the Uruguay of the late 20's to the Brazil of 60's. Mostly the world is a combat between the two sides, one answering after another. No superiority.
Even know, with the endless amount of money and players, it is hard to see great squads for real. With the players they get, if they are that "smart" there would be teams much superior than in the past, but where is it ? Nowhere.

And sorry, Milord, We in SA do not need Discipline from europe. We got a lot of it, whips in our backs and even our generals. It did no good. Thank you very much, but what you call discipline I call cultural bigotony. If anything, Europe could learn true discipline somewhere in Asia, Africa or SA. Of control we had enough.
EIther way, diamonds got refined. How imense stupidy to choice this analogy. Is Your intention to still steal our resources and abuse from us ? Get out, the most refined diamond in the world never touched the hands of europe, Pele was all build here and quite frankly, there is no place in the world where the talent of a player can be more refined than here.
And dude, the Best SA wants to play ? It is not because Europe is superior, never have been, since the 20's. It is for Money. that is all. They go for there for the money, for the fame, for the fans licking their boots, nothing else. Not for the big clubs (For Penarol alone could look down to all the clubs in Europe and Ask without fancy "You know who Am I, puny pretencious team ?) because we have it here.
You can keep saying, in old days the metropolis used to say to the colony same stuff, all the news come from here, all the news come from here. Put today we already know that a parrot can do the same and all repetition in the world would not make one truth...

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:
Plus a good part of the best players in the world are south americans (Ronaldo, Rivaldo, pelè, maradona, Ronaldinho, Kakà) and they are the most exciting to watch

Opinions
Get out Kakà that list
he is nothing special player

1 - 8 of 8 Posts