Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was taken from an Italian site and I'd thought it would be of interest to share it with you people. Don't have the time to translate it, but it says basically that the European Union are looking into taking some legal actions against Real Madrid for their unethical practices that saw them out of their monumental debt and also for their unethical practices for being helped with government subsidies, which is strictly forbidden under both UEFA and European Union's regulations for sporting associations. That's in a nutshell what this article says. Comments?

Doesn't look good for Real...:eek:

23 01 2004

"REAL IMBROGLIO"

E’ ufficiale: l’Unione Europea sta indagando sul fortissimo arricchimento del Real Madrid avvenuto nel 2001 e indotto dalla riqualificazione dei terreni della ex “Ciudad Deportiva” della società merengue.

Secondo il commissario per la concorrenza, Mario Monti, potrebbero esserci gli estremi di un “occulto” aiuto pubblico per rinfinanziare e arricchire il club, violando le regole della concorrenza (in questo caso sportiva ma anche economica considerati gli introiti generati dalle vittorie).

La storia è questa: al giorno d’oggi, il Real Madrid nuota nell’oro con un utile 2003 di 44,12 milioni di euro (nonostante vari acquisti pesanti, compreso quello di Beckham). Il suo presidente, Florentino Perez, è il più importante costruttore edile spagnolo e uomo influente anche dal punto di vista politico.

Cosa non torna alla Ue? Da società con 277 milioni di euro di debiti (praticamente sull’orlo del fallimento), il Real si arricchì di ben 480 milioni con i quali ha fatto costruire, sui quei 15 ettari di terreno della ex Ciudad, un grande centro di uffici: ci sono un grattacieli di proprietà della società, c’è quello del Comune di Madrid, quello della regione catalana. Tutti a 45 piani che servono i 224 mila metri quadri d’uffici.

E i soldi da dove sono saltati fuori? Li hanno, naturalmente, sborsati il Comune di Madrid e la Regione Catalana, usufruendo di tutti gli aiuti concessi dallo stato spagnolo e dalla Comunità Europea.

Questa operazione, ossia l’aver costruito con soldi pubblici derivati da finanziamenti statali e europei, viola di fatto l’articolo 87 del titolo VI del trattato UE che proibisce: “gli aiuti degli Stati o dei Fondi statali sotto qualsiasi forma, tali che falsifichino o minaccino di falsificare la concorrenza favorendo determinate imprese”.

Secondo l’europarlamentare Pere Esteve “la riqualificazione permise al Real di piazzarsi davanti ai club concorrenti permettendosi così di acquistare i vari Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldo”.

Insomma, per il Real Madrid si prefigura un reato gravissimo per quel che riguarda la legge europea sulla concorrenza. Potrebbe essere possibile, in un recente futuro, vedere il Real escluso dalle competizioni europee: la Uefa ci starebbe pensando

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
San Siro said:
E i soldi da dove sono saltati fuori? Li hanno, naturalmente, sborsati il Comune di Madrid e la Regione Catalana, usufruendo di tutti gli aiuti concessi dallo stato spagnolo e dalla Comunità Europea.

I'd just like someone to explain to me how can la Regione Catalana or in other word, the Catalan Region help their bitter and archi rivals of Real Madrid with raising the funds necessary to allow the Merengue club to go from near bankcruptcy to a very healthy economical situation. That's something that I simply can't understand. I mean, if it was the Madrid region or any other, I'd understand, but the Catalan Region?:eek::stress: Doesn't make any sense to me...:confused:

Ciao.:)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
With their normal speed of work maybe the EU bureaucrats will fine Real a few millions after let's say ten years.:tongue: :D

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I think I should change the title of this thread to "more bias italian media propaganda" or "Italian anti-madridista association"

:D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Che said:
I think I should change the title of this thread to "more bias italian media propaganda" or "Italian anti-madridista association"

studi :D
Best wishes for all anti-madridistas :tongue:

Real_Madrid said:
and a question who is acmilan's president :eek:
i dunno ;)
i just know their relationship even more............:cool:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys,
I know some of you think this is another piece of anti-Madridista or more Madrid bashing. But those who know me, know that I am not an anti Madrid. I just posted this to have your reactions, constructive ones that is. And this is not more anti-madrid propaganda from Italian media, but this is official as the article says, in the first sentence...:eek:

I'm surprised you guys have not heard/seen this piece of news elsewhere as it's coming straight from the European Union's desire to take a closer look at some of Real's dealings, not something that me or some Italian media have made up...:eek:

Cheers.;)

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
san siro/Payman it has always been reported the this agency or that govermental body is investigating Real Madrid.

Unless I see something posted from Reuters than someone is blowing smoke up your a$$.

Reaction? I guess we all have gotten kinda bored with these reports, and now all you see is cynism. I guess thats want most madridista feel especially since we share too close of a relationship with Barcelona forum.

now I just shudder to think of all the little italian fans coming here to give their insights:rolleyes:

since you know if it comes from the Italian, Catalan press it must be gospel truth.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
San Siro said:
This was taken from an Italian site and I'd thought it would be of interest to share it with you people. Don't have the time to translate it, but it says basically that the European Union are looking into taking some legal actions against Real Madrid for their unethical practices that saw them out of their monumental debt and also for their unethical practices for being helped with government subsidies, which is strictly forbidden under both UEFA and European Union's regulations for sporting associations. That's in a nutshell what this article says. Comments?

Doesn't look good for Real...:eek:
Doesnt look good? Have they already investigated the case and come to conclusions or is that the fool that calls himself a journalist?

I very much doubt they can prove anything is dodgy or are they going to call up some Xtratime posters as star witnesses? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
oh let them just **** off

BTW how come this news came from ITALY?
not such a surprise if you know their sense for sensations! Years ago they'd published the news a russian president probably died, just cause a smartass italian reporter saw a black flag on the roof of the russian guvernment! :tongue: :D

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Che said:

No change the title to: Bella Italia - all the reasons to think about other's problems just to forget about our owns!;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Real_Madrid said:
and a question who is acmilan's president :eek:
Just felt the need to shed some lights in here about this:

Milan's president sure is the Italian prime minister, but he bought the club and runs the club with his own money and not public money or government subsidies like some clubs...:eek:

Morever, sure Galliani is the Italian league's president, but he was elected by all the other Serie A and Serie B club presidents and they knew before hand that Galliani was the vice president of Milan. It's not like it was some unknown fact to them...:eek:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Probably the last agenda for Belusconi during his presidency? :D Since Italy´s handing over the presidency to Ireland (No?), I guess we got some time to wait before this investigation concludes..

Anyway, if this comes from Italy, I´m very much surprised how come they´re not more concerned about the investigation about the allowance to spread the debts of all SerieA clubs (except Juventus) throughout 10 years than this single piece which only concern 1 Spanish club??

Propagandas, Propagandas, Propagandas... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
again

no major news organizations have picked up this story and again another story regarding Real Madrid and their so called practices go upon the heap pile.:tongue: :cool: :)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you folks had taken the time to read the initial article, it comes from the European Union's decision to investigate and take severe actions against Real Madrid for their unethical practices and their anti-competition practices. I'm not making this up, it's the European Union that has decided this and not invented as you claim by some Italian media....:eek:

Cheers.;)

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I actually went to the EU web site and could not find any thing that supports this article. It also seems to me that the EU have other larger agenda on hand than the supposed allegations that some Italian rag.

remember these are only allegations that will need to be proven if this story is true.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
San Siro said:
Guys,
I know some of you think this is another piece of anti-Madridista or more Madrid bashing. But those who know me, know that I am not an anti Madrid. I just posted this to have your reactions, constructive ones that is. And this is not more anti-madrid propaganda from Italian media, but this is official as the article says, in the first sentence...:eek:

I'm surprised you guys have not heard/seen this piece of news elsewhere as it's coming straight from the European Union's desire to take a closer look at some of Real's dealings, not something that me or some Italian media have made up...:eek:

Cheers.;)
Dude, just a quick rule of thumb, since yes, you have been fairly objective in the past:

Do not believe any headline you read that ends in "?"

As a person well-versed in media, i can tell you that the use of a question mark is a classic technique to sensationalize unconfirmed, or pure speculative, stories.

So forget about headlines like, "EU to Sanction Madrid?" and just wait til they drop the question mark before you even give it a second look (because even then, it might still be false).

But let's talk about a confirmed report, about Dortmund. Those boys are in deep debt and badly need a loan, even though they have one of the biggest attendances in sport. Proof positive that attendance and following don't matter anymore in today's sports environment. I figure it'll just be a matter of time before a club starts to allow free admission to its games with ticket sales becoming less and less of a factor.

And why talk about unconfirmed rumors regarding Real Madrid when the much better topic, and confirmed one, is the troubles of AC Parma? Not only will Parma have to get very creative to make sure it doesn't go the way of Fiorentina (not likely), the Tanzis are going to be handed jail sentences. Now that surely must be more interesting than some unsubstantiated story on Real Madrid, one of hundreds of such stories.

But the sad truth is that lies about Madrid are better than the truth with some other club. Real Madrid is such hot news, and has so many people that love/hate it, that it sells tons of papers if you make up any sensational bit so why bother to focus on the legitimate issues of the day?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts