Jone Samuelsen, Viking

Morten M. Skjønsberg, Stabæk

Tomasz Sokolowski, FC Lyn Oslo

Børre Steenslid , Sogndal

Lars Iver Strand, Tromsø

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wudn't say Brussel is in Norway (Helge Riise, JA Riise's brother ;)). Well, the Norwegian league has alot of young players so, that's maybe why. Hamoud, Samuelsen, Sokolowski and Lars Iver Strand are all playing regular at TL teams and are good.
Daniel Fredheim Holm is maybe THE best player. He's 19 years old and is arguably Vålerenga's best player. Played regular last season for Skeid aswell, and has great dribbling skills.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
There are two former AaFK players there Eriksen and Riise, but no current AaFK players. A disgrace! :fero: :( ;) Anyway, we have some good youngsters, so hopefully they will get more U21 pickups in the future. :)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Actually AaFK has about 4-5 U17-U18-U19 players, whatever team is playing at the time, which is not too bad. Aside from that, we also have at least equally many players in that age group that is knocking on the NT door.

The thing is Joakim Austnes (born 20.02.83) and Erlend Holm (born 17.05.83) have usually been on the U21 teams the last two years, but none of them have gotten a place this time, despite both of them being in top form. It could have something to do with AaFK being a 1st division side, but Haugesund has three players on the team, and Start has two. It being a disgrace was just a joke though, but it is a shame for an AaFK fan. :)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Very poor performance by Norway today, I don't even feel like commenting any more about it. It ended 2-0 to Italy.

Christian Grindheim was my highlight of the match, at times he showed brilliance. Keeper Larsen wasn't bad either, what is Haugesund doing to make such great talents (Viking player Samuelsen came from Haugesund before this season, and Bertelsen is also a Haugesund player)?

·
Registered
258 Posts
He plays for the crisis team Viking atm. He has started 3 matches this season and scored 1 goal. Have really not seen him enough to judge him. But since he can't even get a place in Viking's attack (which has been terrible this season) he can't be very good.

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
Sweden really surprised me today..well how badly they played. Today they lost 2-0 to Croatia and it could of been 3-0 but Goran Ljubojevic missed a penalty. Pretty good crowd for a U21 match too, 8,000 but I heard that 2,000 of them were Croatian supporters.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well, they didn't make much noise anyway... I was really impressed by the U21 team of Croatia, though. You've got a really promising team there. Sweden did actually not play bad. It was just Croatia that was superior. Some good technicians out there aswell.
Croatia didn't play very tactical and that's what impresses most. Because when the team starts to play seriously, you'll be even better.

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
Well that also surprises me because this team isn't like team U21's of past generations and we have an inexperianced manager, Slaven Bilic. If you look at our lineup too most of the players aren't even first team regulars! look for example...
Vranjic
Vukman - Vucko - Bodrusic
Pelaic - Marcic - Grgurovic - Benko
Modric
Cesarec - Da Silva
*Vranjic's club was relegated last season and he hasn't played one minute because of a dispute with the management..Vukman is still 19 and is a regular for Varteks...Vucko played a few matches for Hajduk but is a bench player...Bodrusic is a regular for Slaven..Pelaic is a regular for NK Zagreb but he is playing out of position..Marcic plays for the Bordeuax youth teams..Grgurovic bench player for Hajduk..Benko starts occasionally..Cesarec plays in Greece..Da Silva is a regular at Dinamo.

Although Croatia have the early lead in the group I still have a feeling Sweden will win at the end and Croatia will be runners up. Hungary, Bulgaria and Malta haven't impressed while Iceland have done well in their two matches.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Well, we dont select youth players for U-21, thats for sure.
The selection is extremly poor nevertheless and Torbjörn Nilsson stands for the worst anti football ever and still cant create a decent defence.

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
did you guys watch the match? I only listened the first half of the match. Sweden had some good chances in the first half and Vranjic had to make a really good save in like the 27th minute. The last time these teams played in the youth level was in April I believe (U19's but now many of those players are on the U21's) and Sweden easily beat Croatia 2-0. reverse score :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
I saw it. You were much better actaully, but they played anti football so it took a while before you scored. Don't see why they play anti football tho, as they (maybe) have the players to play more creating football. Alexander Farnerud espesially is a good player.

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
Yeah I heard about Farnerud, Bilic was talking a lot of good things about him after watching some tape of the Swedish U21's play. Great to hear that we were the better team, this was the total opposite of what I expected with Slaven Bilic and this squad.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Well, all am asking for is that majority of the swedish coaching staff to stop being in denial and actually stand for the football they ultimately always create; anti-football. But they are gutless liars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts