Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which clubs would be the first members of a super league? I think past achievements and support should be as important as current form so here's mine:

Arsenal, Man U, L'pool, Barca, Real, Juve, Inter, Milan, Bayern, Dortmund, PSV, Ajax, Marseille, Benfica.

Am I missing anyone?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Glasgow Rangers!!!!
We've won 100 trophies in our history, the most of ANY club in europe.
ok, we never won the european cup, but we won the cup winners cup once, in the nou camp by the way.
Advocaat has a class squad, and we're like the 3rd most supported team in britain, behind Man utd and Celtic.
And one of the oldest teams in the world.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Yes indeed! I think Dortmund, almost a certain 2.Bundesliga team deserves a place amongst the best! ROTFLMAO

Others should be though:
Anderlecht
PSG
Bayer Leverkusen
Rosenborg
Red Star Belgrade(crvena Zvezda)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Rangers should definitely take a place over Leverkusen.
We beat them in the uefa cup last year, plus we beat parma in the champions league qualifier this year, and deserved to beat bayern twice in the group stage.
When you look at our group :
Rangers, PSV, Bayern, Valencia
2 of those teams are now in the semis, and we thrashed PSV in both games.
So we ran 2 semi-final qualifiers right down to the last game of the group, where we missed qualification by 1 point after bayern were extremely lucky to get a 1-0 win, in which they got a dodgy penalty, and we hit the woodwork 3 times, and khan was outstanding.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Add Feyenoord to that list. They were the first Dutch team to win the European Cup, back in 1969-70. And Feyenoord this season were a surprise and nearly reached the Quater-finals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts