Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
liverpool has been invited into the european super league ,which is being discussed
the club could earn 40M instantly just by participating and another 2M for every win!!!

arsenal , man utd and liverpool have all been invited to discuss proposals for the creation of such a league!

so what do u think guys!?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I hate this. Who cares about the money

·
Registered
441 Posts
This has been discussed before. The problem is football is a business and it makes business sense to have a European Super League. I think this was agreed secretly between the clubs a year ago and this is a significant reason behind Liverpools surge to become a great team again. There is no doubt that within five years we will have a super league which will spell the end of their participation in the domestic scene. Instead of playing Bradford we'll be playing Lazio.

I don't know whether I'm sad or not - It'll be different thats for sure, but with Europe bonding together poltically etc I don't see why we shouldn't have a European League. I think it would be fun (but then again I'm a Liverpool fan, I feel sorry for people who support the likes of Coventry etc)

Anyway its not our decision - its the choice of the media and sponsors in reality as they hold the cash and I bet they are all for this.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
how many would turn up in Anfield for a mid table clash against Lens or Benfica?? Not a lot. The whole thing would be a disaster. What happens if you get relegated back to your domestic league? Financial ruin I would say. Also its worth checking out the average gates in this years champions (and runners up) league. Not great. Too many mundane games with predictable outcomes. The fun did'nt start till 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
441 Posts
True - Thats why it'll be hyped first and will be a transition over many years.

Also it will be a separate league. You won't be relagated from it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Also it wouldn't be mid week.

I don't think I'd like it really - I don't mind the system as it is - I wouldn't like to have to abandon the Premiership cause its great entertainment

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the league would be run at the same time as the english league..

i thin there would be a lot of fans attending matches cos ..there will be only the big european greats!..barca,ajax, real madrid..
which means we should have something lie 2 teams!!!

also there's no relegation in there!

and also i don't find l'pool struggling with relegation in premiership!!!

it's true a lot of money is involved..but still we as fans..i thin we would get lots of great matches!!

and having to play so many.. we would have to bring in more stars ..so our general level would even increase!

up to now..nothing's concrete yet!
but i thin it's a gd idea... :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts