Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is to be a European Super League which teams should be in it? I would propose:

Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Barca, Real Madrid, Atletico, Juve, Milan, Inter, Benfica, Bayern, Dortmund, PSV, Ajax, Rangers, PSG, Marseille, Galatasaray.

Any one else disagree or recommend another team?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I'm getting old...but I didn't see the name Lazio in there......and Atletico?Rangers? Come on !!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I am not sure, but aren't Atletico and Dortmund on their way to be relegated ?
Marseille is a middle team of the France league, while Monaco who isn't mentioned has already won the France league.

And since there are so many "good" teams, why don't you add Piacenza, Cagliari and Venezia ?
then your list would make sense...

FORZALAZIO !!
http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will say: lazio, lazio, lazio, lazio

barcelona, man u, monace (because of their win in france), bayern, porto, rosenborg trondheim, maybe juve, real madrid, chelsea, eindhooven...
more i don't know in the moment, which are not so bad... is that okey, or are there any meanings from other, who don't think so???

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
dont forget levekausen, monaco, dynamo kyiv, valencia and LAZIO!!!! how can you mill all these good teams? some of the teams you mentioned are relegation bound.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Of course, money will decide who's in it, but if only sports merits would count the league would consist of:

Manchester United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Valencia
Bayern München
Bayern Leverkusen
Juventus
Lazio
Milan
Monaco
PSV Eindhoven
Dynamo Kiev
Rosenborg
Porto

Because I don't like the idea of two teams from the same city, Chelsea would be replaced by Liverpool.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
I would really love to see both Lazio and Vitesse in that list.

But for now, Ajax? Please!
What a joke!
They suck at this moment!

Same is for how much I think its a shame, Atletico Madrid.

How much teams would you propose to be in it Gid?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Since it is not the teams who are playing the best at the moment but the ones with most economic power, Ajax, Dortmund, etc... will be in it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My intention was to include teams which are well supported and have some European history, not just teams who are in form.

By the way the guy who excluded Liverpool for being in the same city as Manchester needs to get a map (40 miles apart). What's worse is that you put Chelsea in who are 5 miles away from Arsenal in London and are a club with lots of money but no history or support.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Gid, I don't need a map. You need to read my post more carefully.

"Because I don't like the idea of two teams from the same city, Chelsea would be replaced by Liverpool."

In other words: Chelsea and Arsenal can't be both in the league, because they come from the city, so Chelsea is replaced by Liverpool, which comes from a city that wouldn't have two team in the league. Am I understood?

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Gid your list is a farce. Your picking teams based on past history...way past history...why not add Nottingham Forest and FC Videoton because they used to have good european squads. Please...god forbid a Euro-league..........

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good idea, Nottingham Forest would be a welcome addition.

Why don't you offer your own suggestions then if my proposal is so farcical?

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
no I am 100% against a Euro-League. Each nation should have its own league and the CHAMPION of each league, not the 4th placed team, should play in the Champions league. thats it, thats all...if you can't win the league...then you can't play in the CL.......

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
I totally agree, again I think, with Marcao.

What else would be the need of the name Champions League!!??
Only the #1's from each league should play C.L., not otherwise!
I think it is sooooo stupid that that has been arranged.

One question Marcao?

You say;
Forever Porto and Forever The North.
Uhm, isnt Porto in the South? :)

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
NO!!!!!!! PORTO IS NOT IN THE SOUTH! Porto is the strong city of the north!

:)

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!
http://www.fcporto-online.com

[This message has been edited by Marcoa (edited 23-04-2000).]

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Oooooohhhh, you meant of Portugal?
Sorry, my bad, I thought you meant Portugal in Europe, and I mistyped myself by typing Porto instead of Portugal, yes, its kinda late for me :)

Sorry bout that.

Hope I will pay better attention 2morrow. :)
Goodnight to y'all!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I actually agree with you, I don't want a Super League and I don't agree with the champions league. But I do think that it is inevitable, so it's important to decide the basis on which any league will begin.

Again this year half of the semi finalists of the Champions League are neither reigning CL winners or champions of their countries. Spanish teams may or may not be the best but that's not the point of the CL. Euro 2000 will decide which nation is the best.

Anyway I knew my list would annoy people which is why I omitted Lazio but posted it on their page!!

[This message has been edited by Gid (edited 24-04-2000).]

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
You guys must add Dinamo Kiev and Galatasaray FC to that list. These two teams r strong powers in europe lately.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts