Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Important to know that Israel will still have the same number of participants in the CL and Uefa Cup, but all three Israelis that will represent us in the Uefa Cup will start in the first round after an overall poor season in the least years.

The candiadtes will most likely be:

Beitar Jerusalem - champions Champions League

Netanya
Sakhnin
Haifa
Kiriat Shmona

fighting for two spots in Uefa Cup.

The winner of the State cup also gets a ticket. In the case of the State cup be the winner of the league aswell then the other finalist gets the spot, if the finalists ends in second or third place in the league then fourth place gets the spot in Uefa CUp.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I hope Haifa and Netanya make it...

K. Shmona looks good, but i dont think they are competent for Europe yet....

Shaknin will try to play hockey with Europe and make love to the leftist with its Multi-ethnic team

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
WHY NOT BEITAR :mad:

BEITAR IS GOOD!! THESE PEOPLE ARE JEALOUS!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crackedpleasures said:
We were talking about UEFA Cup tickets. I think Beitar are going to win the league quite certainly and thus end up in the Champions League qualifiers instead of UEFA.

It is really weird to see the Tel Aviv teams so far away from Europe while teams like Sakhnin and Shmona are dreaming of going into Europe...
Well Maccabi Tel Aviv is already out of the State Cup after a shameful defeat to Beitar/Shimshon Tel Aviv from Liga Artzit (third division) today. Hapoel will only qualify to Europe if they win the cup once again.
Beitar will be the champions once against, the question is if they will be able to pass through the second qualifying round because if they do then at least they could continue in Uefa Cup.

I cheer for Haifa and Netanya to go through in the Uefa Cup first because i think they are better teams and of course they have more tradition and fans which cetainly helps in this type of competition.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I cheer for Haifa and Netanya to go through in the Uefa Cup first because i think they are better teams and of course they have more tradition and fans which cetainly helps in this type of competition.
:dielaugh:

Maccabi Haifa will face Netanya in the next stage of the Cup. The game will be hosted in Netanya.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
FT Hapoel Kiryat Shmona 2 - 1 Hapoel Tel Aviv
FT Maccabi Haifa 1 - 1 Maccabi Herzeliya
FT Maccabi Netanya 0 - 0 Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv

86' Hapoel Kfar Saba 0 - 1 Beitar Jerusalem :D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
well with just 1 round left we can say all haves been done, so this are the teams that will represent us in europe

Champions League: Beitar Jerusalem
Uefa Cup: Maccabi Netanya and Hapoel Kiryat Shmona
Intertoto: Bnei Aravim Ben Zsonim

it looks good, tough i would have liked Maccabi Haifa playing the Intertoto they would have done good there, so the question is, where is Netanya and Shmona gonna play, in Bloomfield?? our little Bloomfield is teared down and horrible this days, so i guess Ramat Gan would be the best option, and the BIG question is if UEFA will let Beitar play in Teddy

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Ben Zsonim??

They are without any chance. Maccabi Haifa should play the Intertoto.

Other than that, I guess that Netanya and Kiryat Shmona will use Bloomfield. Ramat Gan is too big, it'd be too empty. So I guess within UEFA sanctioned stadiums that also aren't too big for the involved clubs, Bloomfield is the most logical solution.

With a bit of luck Netanya may be able to play at home? Kiryat Shmona however is a lost case, UEFA will not tolerate a European game close to the border with Lebanon and given the distance to Tel Aviv it is unlikely many of their fans would travel to the game, using Ramat Gan would result in an 80% empty stadium I fear.

·
Registered
161 Posts
1. I think Hapoel Tel Aviv qualifies for the UEFA cup b/c they made it to the finals of the league cup and Beitar is in the champions league (so they get the automatic qualification spot for "winning" the league cup)

2. Beitar's European season comes down to its first 2 official games of the season. Because of its poor European coefficient, they will be an unseeded team. This is a list of who they can play. I think they are 50:50 not to be big underdogs:

Glasgow Rangers Sco
Panathinaikos Gre
FC Basel Sui
Fenerbahçe Tur
Anderlecht Bel
Sparta Praha Cze
Dinamo Kiev Ukr
Partizan Belgrade Srb
Dinamo Zagreb * Cro
Wisla Kraków Pol
Petrzalka Bratislava * Svk
AaB Aalborg Den
SK Brann Bergen Nor
Rapid Wien Aut

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I see Beitar beat teams like Aalborg, Wien, Petrzalka, or Wisla. Fenerbahce and Dinamo Kiev would be close to impossible, the others would be possible though while being underdogs.

League Cup and FA Cup (aka State Cup) are different things really, only the loser of the "official cup" (State Cup) can go into Europe. Most countries don't even give a European ticket to the winners of their league cup.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
1. I think Hapoel Tel Aviv qualifies for the UEFA cup b/c they made it to the finals of the league cup and Beitar is in the champions league (so they get the automatic qualification spot for "winning" the league cup)

2. Beitar's European season comes down to its first 2 official games of the season. Because of its poor European coefficient, they will be an unseeded team. This is a list of who they can play. I think they are 50:50 not to be big underdogs:

Glasgow Rangers Sco
Panathinaikos Gre
FC Basel Sui
Fenerbahçe Tur
Anderlecht Bel
Sparta Praha Cze
Dinamo Kiev Ukr
Partizan Belgrade Srb
Dinamo Zagreb * Cro
Wisla Kraków Pol
Petrzalka Bratislava * Svk
AaB Aalborg Den
SK Brann Bergen Nor
Rapid Wien Aut

The teams in Bold are the ones who i want Beitar to play against

·
Registered
65 Posts
racist idiots are the ones who din't keep JUST 1 minute of silence for the yeshiva students who got murdered and the idiots who go with their left wing causes to the stage of supporting those attitudes!!
What the hell are you talking about? You don't know me. There is such a thing as being a centrist. You are just as bad if not worse than those idiots. Keep those views and see what you solve.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I want either Wisla or Basel.
Wisla is a small club i think we can pas with ease,and Basel is about our level maybe a little more but the importent thing is if we pas them,we become seeded in 3 qual' round and will get an easier team.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts