Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The financial assets of SS Lazio have been frozen while the European Commission reviews the legality of the deal that the club made last week with the Italian tax agency. This decision has followed after Lega Nord Euro-parliamentarian Mario Borghezio put the deal up for review. Olof S. Lapri, a spokesman for the Commission, explained that while the deal is being reviewed all of Lazio's financial assets will be frozen to prevent transfer of funds. This will mean that the club will not be able to pay any of the players and staff their salaries. It also means that the club can't meet any of it's financial obligations with regards to interest payments of the outstanding loans. Already Banca di Roma has announced that it will hold Lazio accountable for any such late payments should they occur and will file a claim with the courts to demand compensation. Claudio Lotito declined to comment, but analists have said that, barring a miracle, this latest setback could be the death blow to the club. :frownani:

·
Registered
460 Posts
boyo - get outta here!

hilarious april fool this is!

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Boyo, you just needed to invent a news source and I would have bought this news. :) Actually I almost did until I saw gogol's post. Good one!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
Boyo, you just needed to invent a news source and I would have bought this news. :) Actually I almost did until I saw gogol's post. Good one!
actually he tried the same at Laziofever.com, and so i knew!

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Ahhh, Pesce d'Aprile!

Good one Boyo, at least a bit of the story is true though, that bastardo Borghezio is trying to bring the deal with Inland Revenue up before the European Parliament, but it won't matter in the end. We're safe!! :thumbsup:

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. :D

I was worried that it might be a bit too harsh, given the real troubles we've been having with this. But it's great that I finally managed to trick Aca after all these years. :dielaugh:

The previous years the jokes were more obvious, but this time the only real clue was that Olof S. Lapri is an anagram for April fools. ;)

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
this one was close to truth, thats why i fell for it :D

Have to hand it to you, this one was good, very good one :)

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
That's just cruel...I almost wet myself with excitement whilst reading the opening post, and now this...someone should ban April fools' jokes and put a price on the head for those who pulls 'em anyway.

Nice one though.

·
Registered
460 Posts
romanista wets himself............... nowthen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts