Discussion Starter #1
Belgium
Croatia
Macedonia
Scotland
Serbia
Wales

Surely the coolest group out there.

The Belgian dream got their 3 points last night away against the Welsh :cool: while Croatia edged out Macedonia at home

Scotland kick off this afternoon against the Serbs

Who do you see finishing in the top 2?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Not a hope it'll be Serbia. They looked mediocre. Really angry at Avril for setting out with a team to draw because it was clearly 2 points lost, especially when we're shite away from home.

We could have finished 2nd today if we'd gotten 3 points today but naw. 3rd place if we're lucky. Playing Kenny Miller for over 80 minutes despite him being the usual pish headless chicken MLS no-hoper when Jordan Rhodes was on the bench & Steven Fletcher was at home. And taking off Snodgrass instead of Naismith when he did was daft as well. Avril is simply out of his depth at this level.

Game was there for the taking.

God I can't wait for Darren Fletcher to get fit.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL

EUROPE Qualifying

GROUP A​

07/09/2012
Croatia 1-0 Macedonia
(Jelavic 69')

Wales 0-2 Belgium
(Kompany 41', Vertonghen 83')

08/09/2012
Scotland 0-0 Serbia

11/09/2012
Scotland vs Macedonia
Serbia vs Wales
Belgium vs Croatia

Current Standings
1 Belgium .......1G 1W 0D 0L 2-0 3P
2 Croatia .........1G 1W 0D 0L 1-0 3P
3 Serbia ...........1G 0W 1D 0L 0-0 1P
3 Scotland .........1G 0W 1D 0L 0-0 1P
5 Macedonia ........1G 0W 0D 1L 0-1 0P
6 Wales ...............1G 0W 0D 1L 0-2 0P

·
Registered
68,892 Posts
The game on Tuesday between Belgium-Croatia is getting some build up, but I think it means very little in terms of qualification. Still a long way to go in this group. Belgium I think are slight favorites because Croatia have such an amatuer coaching staff and some defensive issues, but Belgium also need to for once prove they can get results away from home.

Teams like Serbia, Scotland and Wales will all be tough at home, but I can't see them getting good enough results away from home to compete for the top 2 spots.

Also remember, this group will more than likely be the one where the runner-up doesn't go to the playoffs (stupid ****ing system used by UEFA) :doh:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The game on Tuesday between Belgium-Croatia is getting some build up, but I think it means very little in terms of qualification. Still a long way to go in this group. Belgium I think are slight favorites because Croatia have such an amatuer coaching staff and some defensive issues, but Belgium also need to for once prove they can get results away from home.
you must not know the Belgian coaches, head coach is a guy who relegated in first division of Belgium and got only assigned because he was an iconic player 10 years ago

assistent-coach is a guy who can not even get a job in 2nd division and also got relegated somewhere in 2nd or 3rd division, whatever

anyway, point is Belgium is completely relying on the players to qualify

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
I watched Scotland - Serbia and I think Scotland should be sorry for not winning. Serbia evidently isnt what it used to be. I dont think Ive ever seen Serbia being so poor. maybe its bcoz Mihajlovic didnt call up some experienced players and as I heard didnt call some players just bcoz they didnt sing the anthem. well, thats better for us.

Croatia maybe played bad agianst us, but they r still top class. with those players they cant play bad in every game. plus, they always play bad against us coz somehow our stile of play is no good for them.

I only didnt see Wales - Belgium. I wonder what the belgians have to offer as they have a good team.

if we dont get a good result in Glasgow, our chances (which r low) for the second place will disappear at all.

·
Registered
68,892 Posts
Stimac relegated a team in the Croatian league, but was saved because nobody in the second division had a license to replace them :D

Wilmots was at least the assistant coach

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I watched Scotland - Serbia and I think Scotland should be sorry for not winning. Serbia evidently isnt what it used to be. I dont think Ive ever seen Serbia being so poor. maybe its bcoz Mihajlovic didnt call up some experienced players and as I heard didnt call some players just bcoz they didnt sing the anthem. well, thats better for us.

Croatia maybe played bad agianst us, they r still top class. with those players they cant play bad in every game. plus, they always play bad against us coz somehow our stile of play is no good for them.

I only didnt see Wales - Belgium. I wonder what the belgians have to offer as they have a good team.

if we dont get a good result in Glasgow, our chances (which r low) for the second place will disappear at all.
If your mob gets a result in Glasgow (& that includes a draw) then Craig Levein had better resign before the post game press interviews.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Serbia never plays good football, they only have some great defenders. So Croatia and Belgium are favorites. I am also suprised that Stimac got the job of the coach.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
in that case we would be doin u a favor :D
I'd rather actually qualify for an international tournament finals for the first time since 1998 :( See, I'm old enough to remember when we were semi-regular at these things. World Cup 90, Euro 92, Euro 96, World Cup 98. And then nada :sob:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZIL

EUROPE Qualifying

GROUP A​

07/09/2012
Croatia 1-0 Macedonia
(Jelavic 69')

Wales 0-2 Belgium
(Kompany 41', Vertonghen 83')

08/09/2012
Scotland 0-0 Serbia

11/09/2012
Scotland 1-1 Macedonia
(Miller 43'; Noveski 10')

Serbia 6-1 Wales
(Kolarov 16', Tosic 24', Duricic 39', Tadic 55', Ivanovic 79', Sulejmani 90'; Bale 30')

Belgium 1-1 Croatia
(Gillet 45'+2'; Perisic 6')

Current Standings
1 Serbia .......2G 1W 1D 0L 6-1 4P
2 Belgium .......2G 1W 1D 0L 3-1 4P
3 Croatia .........2G 1W 1D 0L 2-1 4P
4 Scotland .........2G 0W 2D 0L 1-1 2P
5 Macedonia ........2G 0W 1D 1L 1-2 1P
6 Wales ...............2G 0W 0D 2L 1-8 0P

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
So completely seething. Avril doesn't think it was too bad, & there were positives. I mean we're only 2 points behind 1st place? WHAT A CROCK OF SHITE

Sack this man.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Nice victory for Serbia, I didn't know they had all that offensive firepower in them. :D Scotland should have gotten more than a point from their match against Macedonia today, though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
A very interesting group indeed. Is this finally the big moment for Belgium ? They should fight even for the first place, if they manage to build a good team with all those top class players they have. After all, Croatia remains a good team, but they certainly don't have the power and glow of the past.

The two other former-Yugoslavia teams are a big question mark. Macedonia looks on the rise, at the opposite of Serbia; but what they will actually do throughout the year is not clear to me.

If Wales can safely be considered the least powerful team of the group, I think Scotland will be a tough opponent and, with the points it will certainly grab, it could very well determine which will be the two first teams.

Again, a very unpredictable and exciting group.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts