Discussion Starter #1

Valencia CF vs. Werder Bremen
Estadio Mestalla
11.03.2010 21:05
Europa League Round of 16

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I say it's a tough match for us, despite the fact that Bremen's defense is shaky, and may allow us some few opportunities to try scoring.

They have weak defense, and we have weak midfield and defense all together.

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Banega and Marchena and Cesar and Miguel are back for this match... so cheers :D

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I think Moya will play ,, he proved that he deserves a chance to regain his starting spot in the Europa League

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
HUGE game IMO, some fine teams in this tournament.

Liverpool, Juve, a Benfica side that is quite sexy at the moment, VCF.

Etc...

Got to play our best side and really perform. :(

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Stupid Liverpool fans at Uni think they are favourites...not when you can't beat the likes of Wigan:D

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I want that vendetta soooo bad.. The win against Inter was sooo sweet last time.
If we win we only need to beat Real Madrid and Bayern in Europa to complete our Vendetta journey.

AMUNT!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Tough match for us. We should win if we play our best squad but sometimes this team really is shocking. Its hard for me to believe how bad we can be sometimes.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
We need Éver. And, need to be clinical which has been a real problem this season. Playing over there, in the 2nd leg isn't ideal, so we must keep a clean sheet.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Just checked the German League and they are 6th.

But i know us, we'll do some next shit tomorrow night, and other dodgy stuff. I'd love a great home knockout performance, it won't happen.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Away goals are just too valuable these days. We will keep it tight. Only way there would be a blow out is if we play fantastic and them awful.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Playing a German team is kinda fortunate with Alexis at left back... Werder don't cross the ball which means Alexis will mostly have to stop werders RM from cutting inside which he is more than capable of. we will have a problem in the middle of the field, we are lacking at DM and Warder like to use the middle of the field a lot, mostly focusing on long range shots and trying to force the ball into the middle of the box.

German teams defenses are always poor and Werder concede almost as many goals as they score so there will be a lot of chances for Valencia to score. there also the fact that in the bundesliga Werder play suicidal attacking football, if they play like that the game will probably end 5 - 3 but of lately they have been playing much slower and more pragmatic in Europe so the game will probably be a lot less frantic.

German coaches usually think la liga lacks physicality so they have their teams be really physical with Spanish teams, so this game should be physical, we don't usually do well in physical games but Werder aren't a naturally physical team so that might open up something for us.

Bottom line Valencia should beat Werder simply because we have the better attack and can outscore them if they take the fight to us.

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ama watch it on tv too.. but the im not gonna be able to watch barca game.. who cares we getting rapped anyway.. emery should even rest players in barca game for the 2nd leg against werder

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Guys who are tired of streaming links ,, subscribe to AlJazeera sports ! It shows all Valencia games in both Arabic commentary and English,, It should be avalible in Europa,, I've seen their cards in the UK ,,
Subscribing to them is cheap ,, its like 60 dollars yearly

1 - 20 of 225 Posts