Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
BATE Borisov. Piss easy draw. They play in a 5,000 capacity stadium. They have a shit squad....not a player you've ever heard of. All of them Belarusians, apart from 2 (one Brazilian and 1 Serbian, both of them uncapped at international level).

Fener might as well not participate in European football again if they get knocked out.

Oh and I think they've finished their league season on the 25th of November. It starts again in late March, so Fener will be playing BATE in their pre season.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
BATE Borisov. Piss easy draw. They play in a 5,000 capacity stadium. They have a shit squad....not a player you've ever heard of. All of them Belarusians, apart from 2 (one Brazilian and 1 Serbian, both of them uncapped at international level).

Fener might as well not participate in European football again if they get knocked out.

Oh and I think they've finished their league season on the 25th of November. It starts again in late March, so Fener will be playing BATE in their pre season.
BATE are not a team to be taken lightly. They were one of two teams that beat Bayern so far this season. They have some quality players that many don't know about/underrate. These types of teams that knock out our Turkish sides as well.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with YT. This will be a tough opponent. Don't forget they have cold weather.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I am all about dont underestimate your opponent and anything can happen in futbol, but cmon we are clearly the favourites and if we cant beat bate to move on to play napoli (another fav) then I dont know what to say.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Let's face it, Fener are clear favourites. But the Last 16 draw is a real toughie, Napoli are on fire at the moment.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Don't they have Alex Hleb, the former Arsenal and Barca man? They have a knack for scoring long range goals but realistically we should advance.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Too bad both teams got easy draws as a reward for their role in the current state of Turkish football being in the slums.
At least the public will overrate us :D

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
At least we could make up the coefficients and now the fans can't bitch about getting tough draws in CL / EL any longer...

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Not a bad draw, could've been worse. Still a tricky side though, not to be underestimated.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts