·
Registered
74,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Communication Device Font Mobile device Screenshot

Product Font Screenshot Design Graphics

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Brand

Arsenal, Bodo Glimt and PSV in the same group is interesting

After seeing their team play at San Siro and Bernabeu last season, Sheriff fans will see their team at Old Trafford

Roma, Betis, Lazio, Feyenoord, Man U and Sociedad look like favourites to finish in top 2 in their groups but other groups look balanced

·
Registered
74,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the teams who will qualify to EL knockouts from EL groupstage :D

Too early to say. But if we go to EL I want to reach the Budapest final and win it! Feck off those who don't rate EL :stuckup:

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
40,335 Posts
With Lazio doing well in the Serie A, the Europa League is the perfect opportunity for Sarri to play his first squad in these matches and then act surprised when players get fatigued or injured and it negatively affects our results in the Serie A.

·
Registered
49,361 Posts
One of the teams who will qualify to EL knockouts from EL groupstage :D

Too early to say. But if we go to EL I want to reach the Budapest final and win it! Feck off those who don't rate EL :stuckup:
In that case, I'm out. CL or bust!

You can't spell Calhanoglu without C L. Some people can't even spell it at all, tbf.

·
Registered
74,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You weren't upset when we lost the EL final in 2020 to Sevilla ?

I sure was and based on what I saw online, so were other Interisti

Our chances of winning CL are minimal with the English clubs being stronger financially and Real dominating the tournament, so if there's a chance to win our 4th UEFA Cup I would be happy if we do it. Clubs like Man United and Chelsea were happy when they won EL, why shouldn't we? They were CL winners too in the past.

EL also means playing the Super Cup which we never won and gives you a top seed in the CL draw the following season.

·
40,335 Posts
The EL isn't worth the hassle. The financial incentive isn't there and the risk of fatigue or injury makes it a liability. If Lazio strictly plays the reserves it would make sense and I would actually watch the competition, eager to see them in action. But Sarri isn't going to. Already he's staying that the team has to play every 3 days, which likely means that he'll use the same starting lineup as he uses in the Serie A and thus knowingly repeating the exact same mistake as last season. Back then at least he could have made the excuse that he didn't actually have reserves, which was true, but now he has enough to field two full lineups.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
74,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a gimp trophy for gimps I'm afraid to say.
Valencia were hardly a gimp club when you won UEFA Cup in 2004 against Drogba's Marseille.

You are gimps now though, you wish you play EL lol let alone win it!

The other day I was looking at Valencia's lineup on livescore and I was like wtf who are those players? Might watch your game tonight with Atletico to familiarize myself with this new gimpy VCF

·
Registered
74,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not counting any team from CL, i think Arsenal will win this.
Quite possible. They improved a lot and they were in EL final not too long ago.

·
Registered
74,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The EL isn't worth the hassle. The financial incentive isn't there and the risk of fatigue or injury makes it a liability. If Lazio strictly plays the reserves it would make sense and I would actually watch the competition, eager to see them in action. But Sarri isn't going to. Already he's staying that the team has to play every 3 days, which likely means that he'll use the same starting lineup as he uses in the Serie A and thus knowingly repeating the exact same mistake as last season. Back then at least he could have made the excuse that he didn't actually have reserves, which was true, but now he has enough to field two full lineups.
If Lazio win EL your fans would celebrate in the streets of Rome

If Lazio finish 4th in Serie A I doubt they would celebrate

Trophy is a trophy look at Roma fans after winning Conference League last season. And EL matters more than Conference.

Moreover winning EL = CL ticket and as a top seed, so improving your chances of reaching CL knockouts and getting more 💰

·
40,335 Posts
If Lazio win EL your fans would celebrate in the streets of Rome

If Lazio finish 4th in Serie A I doubt they would celebrate

Trophy is a trophy look at Roma fans after winning Conference League last season. And EL matters more than Conference.

Moreover winning EL = CL ticket and as a top seed, so improving your chances of reaching CL knockouts and getting more 💰
For roma it was their first trophy in 20 years or so. Lazio has won many trophies in that time. Roma would have celebrated winning second prize in a beauty contest.

·
Registered
74,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well surely EL matters more than Italian Cups and Italian Super Cups ? Not saying that they don't matter, they do and when Inter wins them I am happy...but EL is more important.

Forget Roma for a minute...are you saying Lazio fans wouldn't celebrate EL ? Pretty damn sure they would.

·
40,335 Posts
Oh, I'm sure they would celebrate it and Sarri is definitely going to field his strongest squad. He doesn't believe in rotation. He will look at performance in training and decide his squad. He doesn't think ahead to the match after the match. So if you're interesting in seeing a Lazio that is there to compete in the EL, you will definitely see it. And you're right, if we win the EL and end 10th in the league, we'll still get to play the CL next season, which would be great. However, it all depends on actually winning the trophy. That's a big maybe. So I'd much rather play it safe for now and focus on the Serie A. We don't yet have a squad that can compete in two or three competitions. If Lazio continues to progress, then maybe a few seasons from now we'll be at that level. Not now.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
Valencia CF
978 Posts
Valencia were hardly a gimp club when you won UEFA Cup in 2004 against Drogba's Marseille.

You are gimps now though, you wish you play EL lol let alone win it!

The other day I was looking at Valencia's lineup on livescore and I was like wtf who are those players? Might watch your game tonight with Atletico to familiarize myself with this new gimpy VCF
Don't bother, trust me.

Lim has scaled the squad big time, gone from the 4th biggest budget in the league to like 10th now. Hence the gimp players.

·
40,335 Posts
Sarri did not even bother to register Kamenovic for the Europa League. 🙄 So much for my hope of having him play the reserves.

·
Registered
74,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Marcelo will sign for Olympiacos most likely and will pair with Vrsaljko and Manolas/Sokratis on defence. Probably one of the best back lines of this year's edition.
Olympiacos losing 4-0 at home to Maccabi is quite poor though. (Obviously pre-Marcelo)

1 - 20 of 122 Posts