Xtratime Community banner

101 - 120 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Also worth noting that we have avoided any long travels. In Europa League especially, some of the distances you have to travel for away games is huge. Czechia, Scotland, France... very convenient.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The fact that we still won this match while playing somewhat poorly and while using the end of our bench says a lot about the grinta of the squad.

We do need a starting quality mid and centerback though.

May the sale of Paqueta (Laxalt? Krunic?) and the +15m euros earned from qualifying give us enough room to make 2-3good signings at the end of the window.

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Yeah hopefully such matches where the team has to suffer can help build character and resilience in these young players. You can develop more from such games than the ones where you cruise to easy wins.

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Our Europa League adventure continues tonight against Celtic.

Predicted XI:

Donnarumma
Calabria --- Kjaer --- Romagnoli --- Hernandez
Tonali --- Kessie
Saelemaekers --- Diaz --- Leao
Ibrahimovic
Thankfully we play Roma on Monday evening, which is better than the Sunday early evening kick-offs we had on a couple of occasions when playing the qualifiers followed by weekend Serie A.

Pioli's comments about the importance of doing well in this competition seem to be reflected in his choice of starting eleven. Tonali and Diaz the notable changes. Good that Bennacer is getting a rest, and Diaz is necessary given Hakan's ankle sprain (which may mean he is not available until after the next international break).

Celtic is a team that we've played a few times in the Champions League, mostly with success. Hopefully that continues tonight.

Kick-off is 21:00 CET.

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I thought that Norwegian you signed would've been given a start. Hauge. Has he basically warmed the bench so far?
True he has barely featured. Hopefully he gets some minutes tonight, although he has not been tipped to start.

Predicted line-up is reported different, depending on the source. Could be the following:

Donnarumma
Dalot --- Kjaer --- Romagnoli --- Hernandez
Tonali --- Kessie
Castillejo --- Diaz --- Krunic
Ibrahimovic
This is more like it. Need a bit more rotation. But I would have liked Hauge to start. Krunic is a solid player but Hauge more of a natural wide man. Castillejo has not been so effective, but maybe tonight he will have a better performance.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Yes, i would have preferred Hauge to start tonight now that Rebic was recovering. I am assuming Krunic would cover for Theo while he goes forward as Brahim & Castellijo wont get back to defend.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Great counter goal created by Ibra, Theo and Brahim the scorer after some good footwork. We started horrendously, but with 2 subs involved in first goal(Castillejo and Krunic) and Brahim another non-regular scoring the second, we could not really ask for more...

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hopefully we keep a clean sheet. Very important for our confidence that we seemingly are so difficult to score against. Kjær is the boss in defence even if Roma is the captain!
Dalot looks a bit shaky in defence not really blocking crosses that effectively. But he delivers awesome crosses himself from distance. First game so should not judge him too harshly.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Zlatan and Kessie subbed off for Leao and Bennacer. The sensible decision. Zlatan looked a bit tired. Hopefully Hauge will get som minutes as well.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Celtic score on a corner. Tonali lost his man. We have really geared down just trying to defend the lead. A bit too relaxed now....

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Goal by Hauge! Great team goal, really...again! Nice passes betweeen Dalot, Bennacer and then Saelemaekers with a great assist!

·
Registered
15,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Couldn't see the game. Thanks for the updates, Oni.

Great to continue the winning form. I don't care much for EL, but if Pioli can sensibly rotate the squad so our Serie A campaign isn't compromised, then great.

Lille beating Sparta Prague. They're top of Ligue 1 so they look the team to beat.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Three Norwegians on the pitch today, Ajer and Elyounoussi for Celtic, Hauge for Milan.
Two of them scored, while Ajer according to Norwegian media played well.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Very happy with the result tonight; Glad that Krunic, Brahim & Hauge got on the scoresheet. First & third goals are the resukt of good team work. Hoping will be able to witness more fluid play like this inna faster manner. I literally screamed when Hauge scored reminds me our beloved Kaka.

Kjaer is a leader in the defense. Romagnolis second game after the long injury; captain should step up soon. Theo is Theo; beautiful assist ro Brahim after the sprint.

Ibra looked tired but understandable after the derby; he needed a rest. We need his beast touch for the league for now time being.

I hope Krunic doesnt get injured again and continues like this. His presence were felt.

Kessie the tank; nothing much to add. Tonali is getting along with the tactice. Could have marked Younessi well then they might not have scored. Resting Bennacer was a wise decision; he distributed the ball well as he got into the match in Hakans absence.

Samu played well today; hope he can constantly play like this. Wonderful assist for the first goal.

Brahims footwork is notable; the lad has the talent. He looked very happy now that he is having the playing time and improving day by day.

Dalots first match; defensively ok but while going forward he does a good job. I see that he can cross ftim any angle which is a plus something that Calabria lacks.

Leaos appearance game some rhythm upfront niether 2nd half was very dull.

Donna got an unneessary Yellow for wasting time; But Saelemakers yellow was not a justified one.

Lillie gor a lucky result as Sparta played the whole match with 10 men after the red incident.

·
Scudetto
23,412 Posts
I found it hilarious how easily Samu beat Laxalt for the cross on the first goal. Surely Laxalt knows how Samu cuts inside every time after training against him every day :D

101 - 120 of 177 Posts