Xtratime Community banner

261 - 280 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Just drop Romagnoli. Or if you must play him, switch to a 3-man defense (as the need arises) or play deep in a 4-man defense. Playing with Romagnoli in a high line defense is just suicide. He's weak, he's slow, he's very poor on 1v1.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Pioli should really consider to switch to a 3 man defense if he is not willing to bench Romagnoli.

That was a bad show; stankovics players looked much more determined.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Probably worst possible draw. 100% certain loss. The UEFA Cup/Europa League just never has been our thing. More an Inter type of competition 😉

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Asia got huge fan base for Man Utd; i will be tired of my surroundings.

·
Registered
46,478 Posts
Damn if it was anyone else I wouldn't have cared if we lost.

Now we have to win 😖😖😖
LOL. I know exactly what you mean. And I've felt the pain before. 😖

3 times. Always a decade apart. 1999 CL, 2009 CL...and 2019 Friendly in Singapore (I was there, lol).

Reactions: Beaux Balkans

·
Registered
13,956 Posts
What an awful performance.

That's 6 wins from the last 17 games now. That is a proper collapse since December. We basically can't beat anyone, and play like shit except for a 20-minute sequence now and then.

Even more worrying is the complete mental breakdown. It really looks like the pre-Pioli Milan of seasons past.

Reactions: Laudrup

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
What an awful performance.

That's 6 wins from the last 17 games now. That is a proper collapse since December. We basically can't beat anyone, and play like shit except for a 20-minute sequence now and then.

Even more worrying is the complete mental breakdown. It really looks like the pre-Pioli Milan of seasons past.
Proper collapse, really.

And you know we haven't created and scored a single goal from open play in four matches now. These are statistics that may seem nothing taken in isolation, but when combined with the performances, goals conceded, etc, you there's a real problem.

·
Registered
13,956 Posts
Proper collapse, really.

And you know we haven't created and scored a single goal from open play in four matches now. These are statistics that may seem nothing taken in isolation, but when combined with the performances, goals conceded, etc, you there's a real problem.
Wow that is quite a stat.

As it often happens, fans convince themselves and others that everything is one player's fault or one single factor, but this is a clear case of everything failing.

There's still time to recover.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
There's still time to recover.
Lol, I doubt we have time. The wolves are fast closing in behind us

Seriously I would consider another formation. Not to permanently switch to, no. But a fallback system when things aren't working. It's high time we have that. I think a 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3 will do just fine, imo.

---Donna---
Kjaer-Romagnoli-Tomori Calabria-Kessie-Bennacer-Theo
Hakan
Ibra - Leao

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Given the resources we have and with the recent setback; 3 on the back looks ideal along with Kalulu & Gabbia as back ups. It not just formation but an approach to our game plan. This Pioli has to figure out how to function this.

Bennacer injury caused a meltdown i feel; since his injury the team lost ideas.

·
Registered
12,627 Posts
Milan’s next seven games (UK time)

February 28, 19.45 - Roma vs. Milan

March 3, 19.45 - Milan vs. Udinese

March 7, 14.00 - Verona vs. Milan

March 11, TBC - Man Utd vs. Milan

March 14, 19.45 - Milan vs. Napoli

March 18, TBC - Milan vs. Man Utd

March 21, 17.00 - Fiorentina vs. Milan
--

This schedule will be the end of this team. It was good while it lasted, and the only unfortunate thing is that in the end "we" did it to ourselves... Of course talking about the management and the coach.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
LOL. I know exactly what you mean. And I've felt the pain before. 😖

3 times. Always a decade apart. 1999 CL, 2009 CL...and 2019 Friendly in Singapore (I was there, lol).
Tell me about it bro.
South east asia...we are surrounded by Man utd, liverpool and other english supporter.
What worst is like Jani mentioned, Europa league is not in our DNA and not really bother losing it but this match against Man Utd is something I wouldnt like to lose.
Just the surrounding that makes us want to prove a statement.
A gif of Kaka solo goal against Man Utd in the CL which I started to rile them up 😬
Carlo win as much CL trophies as Ferguson to take a swipe 🥴

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Mandzukic taking #9 and not contributing much since his arrival. That's a vodoo there.

261 - 280 of 383 Posts