Xtratime Community banner

221 - 240 of 279 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,519 Posts
We really should have closed this game. Leao still very rusty, he had many opportunities to score.

I really liked Kalulu. I thought he was an RB but looked really solid at CB.

Hague, as Pioli commented, needs to vary his game and can't simply choose to dribble every time. Hopefully that will come with more experience. He had a good game but by the end he had no more gas left.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Kalulu was a real suprise; he did very well. Respect to Piolo of he listened to Kalulu on training that he olayed as a CB. Hope he gets some minutes in the upcoming matches along woth Gabbia. Of Gabbia-Kalulu can perform well; will save a lot.

Pioli said wise words for Hauge; not every ball u sjould dribble; lool out for key players at the free spot. Diaz should also note this.

Colombo needs to go on loan; his frustration was understood.

Krunic has very limited capabilities; not worth as a backup; a replacement is required.

Dalot-Hauge chemistry in left was notable; i seriously hope Dalot stays with us.

Daniel needs to work on his physique and confidence which is lacking at present; i hope Sr.Maldini / Pioli can guide him.

Conti was ok; Tonali is shaping up; Castellijos work rate is amazing; best part he goes deep sometime to collect the ball which helps a lot and makes him a good team player.

Thank you Celtic for beating Lillie; i wanted to aboied Dynavo kiev on the next round.

·
Registered
24,097 Posts
My assumption is that Lille will place a greater emphasis on finishing first in the group than us, and will therefore put out a stronger eleven.
Lille did put out more or less their first squad, we still won the group with a full second string team.

·
Registered
24,097 Posts
Tonali is growing.
Kalulu was a positive surprise.
Duarte would do okay in serie B.
Krunic should have been sold when we got offers for him (and replaced with someone with talent).
Leao was really bad.

We really messed up the counters like schoolkids.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
First leg: Belgrade 18 Feb
Second leg: Milan 25 Feb

Decent draw - we have certainly avoided better teams in this draw.

Real Sociedad - Man Utd and Benfica - Arsenal are the standout draws from a neutral perspective.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Not an easy one either but i hope our players stay out of injury. In the meantime; lets focus on the league and stay in top 4.

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
We have drawn Red Star Belgrade.
This tie has both a CL taste and a Milan derby taste

2 former European Champions

Dejan Stankovic v Milan

Red Star have an Italian striker btw, Falcinelli.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Yes, definitely adds some flavour to the tie with the European pedigree. Would have been ever more so with a capacity crowd at the Marakana and San Siro.

·
Scudetto
23,519 Posts
We last played Red Star during the CL qualifying in 2006, the season we won the trophy.

Interestingly, as I remember, that game (meaning we were unsure still of qualification), meant we lost out on the Juventus relegation bonanza and in particular, missed out on signing Zlatan who ultimately went on to dominate Serie A with Inter.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
From 4 January I will not be on this site at all until Easter Sunday (4 April), willpower permitting. So up to you if you wish to keep the pre-match posts going in the way I have done until now.

·
Administrator
53,260 Posts
From 4 January I will not be on this site at all until Easter Sunday (4 April), willpower permitting. So up to you if you wish to keep the pre-match posts going in the way I have done until now.
Are you doing covert military service training some off grid site?

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
I'll be doing a 90-day program that involves a lot of different things, one of which is no internet (apart from purely essential stuff like news/current affairs). It also means no sports - so no watching Milan.

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
I'll be doing a 90-day program that involves a lot of different things, one of which is no internet (apart from purely essential stuff like news/current affairs). It also means no sports - so no watching Milan.
Just saw this, good luck with this Rod! See ya in April.

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
I'm always of the opinion that we should try to win everything. Red Star is a good team, but not impossible. We can and should beat them.

Reactions: Laudrup

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Yes, we can beat them and than lose vs Inter after three days, and Roma after the second leg.

We don't have players for one competition, also having in mind Covid, let alone for 2 or 3.

Yes,we shouldn't give up, but try to win with second choice players.

Tatarusanu
Conti Kalulu Gabbia Dalot
Tonali(if Benacer not injured) Krunic
Samu Diaz Hauge
Colombo

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
On a scale of 1-5 how much do you guys care about tonight?

The probable Milan line up has a mix of starters and backups which makes sense. Still a decent enough side to win or at least draw in Belgrade.

221 - 240 of 279 Posts