Xtratime Community banner

201 - 220 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Btw that goal from Hauge is so much like Henry in his days . Or like Martial even if Henry sounds better :D

·
Registered
24,097 Posts
Lille leading 2-1 against Sparta. If things remains like this, we're through, but with no realistic chance to top the group.
Heh. "No realistic chance to top the group". We are 1 point behind, of course we have a realistic chance. I dont expect any team to put out their best 11 in the last round, a win and we could very well win the group.

Those minutes before the 0-2 was some of the worst I seen from Milan. Its like all the players were in shock, completely petrified. fortunately quality came through in the end.

Krunic and Rebic were both shit. Hauge had his best game and really showed a level that caught me unexpected.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Heh. "No realistic chance to top the group". We are 1 point behind, of course we have a realistic chance. I dont expect any team to put out their best 11 in the last round, a win and we could very well win the group.

Those minutes before the 0-2 was some of the worst I seen from Milan. Its like all the players were in shock, completely petrified. fortunately quality came through in the end.

Krunic and Rebic were both shit. Hauge had his best game and really showed a level that caught me unexpected.
My assumption is that Lille will place a greater emphasis on finishing first in the group than us, and will therefore put out a stronger eleven. Perhaps that won't happen, but let's see. It's also based on the expectation that Pioli will field an eleven similar to what zoo posted (completely second-string, no starters) because Milan should not be putting the same value on EL as Lille. The Kjaer incident is hopefully a wake-up call in that respect.

If every team fields a comparatively weak eleven then sure, we have a chance, although of course Lille are still favourites as they face clearly the weakest team in the group (Sparta are clearly better than Celtic).

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Celtic haven’t been this bad since... no idea actually but we’re talking more than a decade... I see no chance of Lille losing points. In any case we need to rest all normal starters if possible.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Our Europa League adventure continues tonight against Sparta Prague.

Predicted XI:

Tatarusanu
Conti --- Duarte --- Gabbia --- Dalot
Tonali --- Krunic
Castillejo --- Diaz --- Hauge
Colombo​

After coming back from 2-0 down to beat Celtic 4-2, we are already through to the next stage. Tonight determines who finishes first and second in the group. Lille are currently first, one point ahead of us, so just need to beat Celtic to ensure victory.

Great to see Pioli looks set to start a second-string eleven. I also hope there is opportunity for Kalulu to get some minutes, and might be an opportunity for Musacchio to get to play for the first time in many months. Leao is also available for selection again, so it might be worthwhile for him to get a run out before facing Parma at the weekend.

Donnarumma, Romagnoli and Hakan are being rested so won't travel, and Ibra and Bennacer are not available as they are still recovering from injury.

Kick-off is at 21.00 CET (small detail, but a 18.55 kick-off would have been much better for an away fixture)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Yes; this is a good test to know our other players capabilities; i hope all does well here. Tonali was given a good task to manage the mid. Gabbia - Duarte understanding is important.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Kalulu starts ahead of Gabbia, otherwise the starting eleven is as above.

I can't watch the first half due to other commitments but will try to find a way to watch the second.

Lille fielding a strong line-up against Celtic.

Forza Milan

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hauge, Dalot, Castellijo & Kalulu played well in the first half. Our Central mid is the weakest link so far.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
You know I think Maldini has a talent :D He doesn't need much to become a good player.

The youngsters are doing a decent job.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Maldini has a good football mind and sees the plays, but physically he is not as strong as his father was..

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Epic failure by Lille to lose to Celtic. Therefore we finish top of the group. Perfect evening in terms of result and rotation.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Bad second half. We wasted so many counters and was saved by Tata at the end. Would have been really bad to concede playing 11 vs 10.
But quite impressive to win with many players who have not played for a long time..
Krunic is really a bad player and even if he is not a starter, he shoud neither be one of the first to be subbed in during games..Hopefully we can find a better sub at some point.
Columbo does not look as promising as he did in his first games.. Too clumsy, too physical and makes too many fk barging into other players.
Good for Tatarusano to make a crucial save after his mistakes against Roma.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #220 (Edited)
The draw for the next round of the EL is on Monday.

Top Seeds:
Arsenal, Ajax, Club Brugge, Dinamo Zagreb, Hoffenheim, Manchester United, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Villarreal, Bayer Leverkusen, Rangers, PSV Eindhoven, Napoli, Leicester City, Milan, Tottenham

Second Seeds:
Red Star Belgrade, Dynamo Kiev, Krasnodar, Olympiacos, RB Salzburg, Young Boys, Molde, Slavia Prague, Benfica, Granada, Real Sociedad, Sporting Braga, LOSC, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Antwerp, Wolfsberger

201 - 220 of 279 Posts