Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big expectations surround this match in what is one of the best periods that our team has passed in the last years. The main problem is that between suspensions and more or less last minute injuries, our first team is completely ravaged, what leaves many doubts about what kind of influence that will have in our game.

Grimi (deservedly) and Tonel (undeservedly) were sent off in Madrid so they miss tonight's game, Yannick Djaló and Daniel Carriço are still injured and unfortunately Izmailov also seems to have picked up a last moment injury that leaves him completely out of this tie.

Here is our official line-up:

Rui Patrício
Abel - Caneira - Polga - Pedro Silva
Pedro Mendes
Pereirinha - João Moutinho - Miguel Veloso
Liedson - Saleiro

Subs: Tiago, Cedric Soares, Adrien, Vukcevic, Matías Fernández, Hélder Postiga.

FORÇA SPORTING!!!

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
0-1 by Aguero after 3'. Nightmare start.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOON!!!!

1-1

·
Registered
496 Posts
Saleiro continues to impress me. I don't know about you Filipe, but i think you have a little gem on your hands there!

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great work by Saleiro with Liedson killing with a header. Game on!

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saleiro continues to impress me. I don't know about you Filipe, but i think you have a little gem on your hands there!
Well, tbh he is even surprising me with the speed of his improvement. Let's hope he keeps it up, for Sporting and for Portugal.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At 33' 1-2, again Aguero. Doing what he wants to our makeshift CBs.

It's a shame about this plan B defense because they are letting the rest of the team down big time.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice shot by Saleiro well saved by De Gea.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2-2

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SPORTING 2-2 Atlético at HT

What a mad final minutes in this first half where the main characters were exactly the two men that could be seen as guilty for those two very soft goals conceded in this first half: Anderson Polga and Marco Caneira.

Caneira won a freekick upfront on the right flank in the first minute of added time. Miguel Veloso launches a lethal tense cross and Polga seems to slightly touch it with his head. 2-2. On the final second of added time Sporting piling up the pressure, good cross again from the right and Caneira hits the crossbar...but he was offside.

It was a very intense and exciting first 45' with Sporting starting poorly, clearly unstable in the back, where 3 of the 4 players are not regular starters. Quick goal by the Spaniards to start the game, something that could have killed us psychologically. However this Sporting is really different from that ghost that went through most of this season and the team reacted strongly and deservedly equalised through a superb move by Saleiro finished with class by Liedson. It is not only in the defense that we are missing players as probably one of the most missed so far is Izmailov - a player that never stops working, both in the attacking movements of the team but also in the defensive ones, and how he was missed so far in this game. Again a soft goal conceded by our makeshift central defense could have killed the team but far from that, it was Sporting that finished on top, equalised and could even have scored a 3rd right before the break.

We need to keep more the ball in the midfield if we don't want to go after the score again in this second half, so I would bring on Matías, perhaps for the place of Pereirinha who has been almost invisible.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Incredibly save by De Gea from a close range bomb by Saleiro.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And from the corner Pereirinha almost scores with his head. Sporting on top!

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At 54' Pedro Silva goes off and Vukcevic comes in.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scumbag Reyes trying to lose time faking injury, as usual, is picked up from the ground by the giant German ref. :D

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Liedson misses a chance after a very nice attacking move. We're playing so much better than them.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At 70' Carvalhal listens to me...Matías IN for Pereirinha.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SPORTING 2-2 Atlético Madrid FT

Great effort and great attitude by Sporting that ended up going out even if showing in the two legs to be overall a best team than Atlético.

That stupid sending off by Grimi in Madrid proved to be a fatal blow to our chances of reaching the quarter finals of the EL, just like it happened with Vukcevic against Fiorentina in the last qualifier for the CL at the start of the current season.

After one of the worst seasons that there is memory of, being able to get up and fight like we're doing at this time of the season shows what is the real character of these players. I'm very proud of this team.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts