Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The draw is tomorrow at 14:00 Turkish time. We're in Pot 2.

List of the pots: http://live.sporx.com/futbol/uefa/iste-muhtemel-rakiplerSXHBQ293530SXQ

Teams to avoid:

Pot 1: Pretty much all of the Pot 1 teams, Twente will be the best to play against.

Pot 3: Lazio, Levante, Newcastle and Young Boys who eliminated us few years ago are in Pot 3. Dnipro or Plzen would be the two ideal teams to be drawn against.

Pot 4: Even Pot 1 sides would hate to be drawn against Anzhi, who thrashed AZ Alkmaar today. Ideal team to be drawn against would be Neftci Baku, but besides Anzhi they're all beatable.

Group of death: Atletico, Fener, Lazio and Anzhi. We'll most likely finish last with a group like that.

Ideal group: Twente, Fener, Dnipro and Neftci

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tbh I'd want the group of death I posted before. Atletico, Fener, Lazio and Anzhi. If we make it passed these guys then :thumbsup: if we don't, we'll just return back to the league hopefully win it and get a direct spot for CL.

·
*the drum drum*
42,491 Posts
Neither Gladbach or Marseille is a very good side at this point in time, but both are the sort of team that will beat us over two legs if we aren't at our best.

Add the incentive for AEL to beat us, and it's a tricky group.

Should get out of it, but could finish anywhere from 1st to 4th.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Yep, UEFA has proven that they are political sadistic douches.

Anyway, its a tough group, but as we've seen with Marseille earlier this year, they are beatable. Mochengladbach is rough. Limassol... political minefield personified, but beatable.

I guarantee though that a good amount of people in Turkey will be rooting for Limassol against Fenerbahce.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol nah, Limassol's colours resemble Fener our rivals would probably be a neutral I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised if Trabzon fans start wearing Limassol tops at Avni Aker though. :D

·
*the drum drum*
42,491 Posts
Yeah, great kardeslik, poaching 25m rated players from each other, selling guys like Niang to their kardes' rival etc.

Abartmayin, when you do, it's just as bad as what you feed off from rival fans.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Yeap. We'll see more of the flag burning crap. :yuck: Hopefully the first game is in Istanbul so our fans don't respond back.
I don't know they are all coincidents all something. Do you find Turkey NT also always faces team like Greece, Armenia away firstly? They booed Istiklal Marsi then Turkey fans responded back...Every time it's Turkey away first...

·
*the drum drum*
42,491 Posts
The only "incident" that even comes to mind is the Fenerbahce v Panathinaikos stuff, which was initiated by both sets of fans in the first leg which was played in Istanbul. The Greeks did their yoghurt protest, and we opened that banner which was obviously going to ruffle some feathers.

Then Panathinaikos tore us a new one in the return leg.

Nothing big happened in the NT matches away to Greece or Armenia. Especially Armenia, that was a very peaceful match, both on and off the pitch.
Considering the Galatasaray High School teaches in French, I'd be surprised if they didn't have such kankalik.
OK, you're all ****ing idiots. I'm not going to bother with this.

Have fun being a bunch of Ulubatli and Sadri Sener clones.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts