Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday night in Kosovo at 21:00 Rotterdam time (14:00 here in the Grain Belt).

Going to guess at the starting lineup:
Bijlow
Pedersen, Fer, Senesi, Malacia
Toornstra, Kokcu
Til
Linssen, Bozenik, Sinisterra

If Jahanbakhsh can't start yet, it looks like the ineffective Bozenik will start. Too bad. If Feyenoord could learn to play a 4-4-2, we could have an extra midfielder, like Diemers start, with Linssen and Sinisterra in attack. But that 4-3-3 is sacrosanct to our detriment.

I was hoping that Slot would give Bannis a shot at starting, but he played with the Feyenoord B against Werder Bremen so that is telling, maybe.

Going to predict a 1-1 draw seeing how we just don't have the killer instinct in European away matches.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Damn, won't be able to watch this. Weds or Fri would have worked perfect!

Yeah I'm with you there Teak, wish we'd try different formations to us to be able to put on the best possible squad, but then again there hasn't been a lot of time to practice yet so perhaps not wise yet.

As I'm sure the folks following this forum know by now, I have zero confidence in Bozenik. As for Bannis, I suppose Slot would give him a shot if he felt Bannis were ready. Having said that, I'm skeptical about him being any worse than Bozenik.

·
Registered
59,402 Posts
I'm looking forward to it. First game I'll watch this season. Will be on ESPN here.

Didn't watch the last few games of last season so can't really yet form an opinion on Bozenik, even though Dick hardly used him.

No crazy high temperatures in Pristina by the way. 25c will be the high tomorrow. 21c at 9pm, so our players won't be able to blame the heat like against Trencin when they actually just jogged around tbh.

Expecting a professional performance and as for a score, I can't really say. Don't know anything about Drita. One player compared them to PEC. Well, on their day, PEC can beat us at home, so who knows.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This website shows the list of players whom Slot took with to Kosovo.

So it looks like Bannis, Hendriks, Conteh, Burger, Hartjes, and Milambo will be looked at seriously by Slot. Antonucci likely won't be loaned out again either. With a lot of good midfield players, Slot could conceivably start a midfielder on the right side as we know that Toornstra worked out well on that side at times. That would give us 4 midfielders with Sinisterra and Linssen as the leftside and middle attackers, respectively. Of course, Fer is likely to be the RCB so Toornstra has to play defensive midfield.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking forward to it. First game I'll watch this season. Will be on ESPN here.
I just checked and ESPN+ will not be showing this match in the USA. I am hoping that it will be carried on the Feyenoord youtube channel.

Not sure who picked up the UEFA Europa Conference League television or streaming rights. CBS Sports had the Champions League and Europa League matches last season starting with the group phases, but I don't know if the new competition (Conference League) got included in the package this season. Something I should research, I suppose.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And further research finds that a ViacomCBS-owned channel will stream all three UEFA competitions this season. It is called Paramount+ and has two options, Essential for $5/month and a Premium channel at $10/month. The only difference that I can see between the two is that Premium allows you to tape a show to watch later. CBS has [email protected] shows so the choice of Essential is a no-brainer.

Checking out the 7-day free trial today and I can see that older, archived UEFA matches can be watched likely within the week following so really the same as being able to tape a match.

RK, this post is mostly for your benefit. I doubt we USAmericans will be able to watch Feyenoord in Europe without this option. If Feyenoord crash and burn (like last season), then I cancel Paramount+ unless I want to follow other squads in Europe.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Starting lineup:
Bijlow
Pedersen, Fer, Senesi, Malacia
Toornstra, Kokcu
Til
Linssen, Bannis, Sinisterra

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
0-0 at the half. A pretty pedestrian match so far. Drita parking the bus (6-man backline) and clogging the passing lanes. Drita tried to hit us on the break, but our forward press stopped the majority of those quickly. I think only one shot on goal by Toornstra, parried by keeper. All corners are too close to keeper who knocks them out.

Feyenoord slow the play way down and look for an opening so there is a lot of side to side passing. Don't know where a goal is going to come from unless Feyenoord try to break downfield faster when Drita makes a rare move into their offensive end.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, first half stats now showing on screen:
Feyenoord 66% possession
4 Goal attempts
2 Shots on goal
Drita
1 Goal attempt
1 Shot on goal

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And it ends 0-0.

How to break down a bus-parking squad when you move the ball around slowly; that is Arne Slot's task.

Right at the end, an Antonucci shot hit the right post. That was the closest thing to a goal in this fairly dull match.

·
Registered
110 Posts
And further research finds that a ViacomCBS-owned channel will stream all three UEFA competitions this season. It is called Paramount+ and has two options, Essential for $5/month and a Premium channel at $10/month. The only difference that I can see between the two is that Premium allows you to tape a show to watch later. CBS has [email protected] shows so the choice of Essential is a no-brainer.

Checking out the 7-day free trial today and I can see that older, archived UEFA matches can be watched likely within the week following so really the same as being able to tape a match.

RK, this post is mostly for your benefit. I doubt we USAmericans will be able to watch Feyenoord in Europe without this option. If Feyenoord crash and burn (like last season), then I cancel Paramount+ unless I want to follow other squads in Europe.
Thank you! I have Paramount+ already because it has the show Paw Patrol which my 2 year old son loves. So that works out for me.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If Feyenoord can beat FC Drita in De Kuip, they move on to the 3rd Qualifying Round. After that is a Playoff Round. Only after that does the Group Stage begin.

·
Registered
59,402 Posts
Average performance with not much to cheer about. Both sides didn't create much. Yes, we hit the post near the end, but 0-0 was a just reflection of play. Now hoping for better things at de Kuip

1 - 20 of 20 Posts