Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I've heard about it, too.

I must say I'm not convinced it is the greatest idea ever but if these clubs want to compete with the Spanish/English/Italians/Germans etc then it may be the only way.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I saw this on internetsoccer.com -it is another rumoured Atlantic League.They say that Ajax,PSV,Feyenoord,Rangers,Celtic,Anderlecht,FC Brugges,FC Porto,Benfica and Sporting Lisbon are to form a EuroLeague.Promotion and relegation would work as follows-the lowest Scottish team in the league plays off with the Scottish league champion for a spot in the league next year.Same for the other 3 countries.If you don't believe me,go to www.internetsoccer.com and on your right-hand side it will be.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The teams involved in talks about the Atlantic League have already decided not to proceed with this idea.
They decided instead to approach UEFA about getting a fair chance in European competitions.
They know that teams like Man Utd, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, etc. get unfair advantages to help them get through to the later stages of competitions.
UEFA fix the draws to ensure that these teams get through and get most of the money.
The teams from the smaller countries find everything is set up to prevent them getting through to the later rounds.
These teams now want a fair deal from UEFA, so that they can earn some money and compete on a level footing with teams from the bigger countries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts