Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FTC, Vidi and Honvéd so far.
All of which will be seeded in the first round.
If Vidi go though, they'll be seeded in the second round, too. For Fradi it's unclear, or more like not likely.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Dandeer, comparing and opposed to our previous campaigns of recent, how would you rate our opportunities in the '20-'21 editions? Have we come a long way baby or there's more hard work to be done.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, there is really no telling how well Mezőkövesd/Puskás are going to compete, so the only thing we may be able to estimate is Vidi, Honvéd and Fradi, which is fair enough.

Obviously the draws will have huge impact on the possibilities of our teams, but that is the case every year. For instance Fradi can get Dinamo Zagreb literally in the second qualifying round, which would be a huge blow knowing that Fradi will be looking to repeat their run at least in the EL again (and they are supposed to be better than last summer, there is already talks of bringing in 2-3 new players who will be better than the current guys in their positions).

I actually think that it will be our very own Fejér megyei csapat who will give the best performance. With Carillo Vidi will pick up themselves and kihúzzák magukat a hajuknál fogva, mint Don Quijote. They should be very agressive and also successful in the EL run.

Honvéd is the team that can cause the greatest upset though. I can see them going 1 or 2 rounds while being unseeded, the coeff points are up for grabs, they just have to realize that. With the 3 central defenders they can surprise more decent teams.

I hope it will be Mezőkövesd who can start in the EL, they would just totally deserve it. Puskás, not so much. Plus, 2 Fejér megyei csapat? Sétálva menjek meccsre, vagy mi? Mi van itt, karácsony? :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
So we have a fairly good ensemble of talent going through, your info has bouyed me up already. Can you believe my mom and pop's town Mezokovesd is going to be featured in prime time in the EL. Fradi seems somewhat destined as always they cruised thru the season with a full sail.

I'm more worried about the October 8th game and the final playoffs, we've got to get into it Dandeer in '21, its a big litmus test for me personally.

How's the young urban professional life treating you in Hungary? That's the life to honestly live, I was in pro inside sales for over 14 years and it has so many rewards, the free good solid fun life that's very flexible and dynamic and mentally sharp, it takes a very well put together comprehensive person to make it but if you're in it then you've already halfway made it and with that, congrats.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kuttor Kutya Attila has done and has been doing a wonderful job with the lads indeed. It's an amazing achievement for them to be cup finalists and possibly finish 3rd the same year. I am rooting for them when they're not playing Honvéd!

Fradi do seem pretty destined, but unfortunately that will hardly be enough if they have to meet up with Dinamo again. Although, the Croatian team's previous starlet and goalscorer Dani Olmo is scoring for Leipzig nowadays, so who knows. :)

You should very well be worried about the Oktoberfest games, Rossi just gave an interview to NSO, he said there are only two players in the current squad whose PT numbers and performance do not worry him, Szobo and Sallai............... (I guess we can include Gula, too). Hopefully Nagy can start tomorrow in Bristol's next game, they haven't played a single Championship match since 7th March.

Judging by your post you do seem to know some stuff about how a sales rep lives. It is still pretty good, my contract has recently been extended till January 2022, and I still only work 4 days a week (I go to the office on Mondays, the remaining 3 days I'm either at home or on the road to clients in the industry).

Thanks for the kind words! How' life treating you overseas?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
So in other words at the moment according to Rossi there are only two players in game time shape and fitness, are the rest still on Covid lockdowns with their teams? I haven't heard a single thing really for 3 months about any of our players, a complete blackout as to their goings-on due to the Covid crises. Looks like we'll be starting from steps back and near scratch when the final team assembles in Sept for training from a fitness and game time experience standpoint, yeah that and the fact that we're on the road the first game. Plenty of things to do and hard work to prepare.

If Rossi is good he would have prepared in all phases by Oct. 8 enough so that we'll have a most worthy and excellent chance to win. It's his and the players time to shine in these two games, I hope we can make it happen. Rossi's taken us this far and now officially our next game is a real important competitive playoff game so we're still very much in it. Two games two 'W's that's all we need.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I don't know about Ádám Nagy, he wasn't even in the squad for yesterday's Bristol game.
I guess I'll be more relaxed once he starts playing. But when will that be? I'll be watching Bristol's lineup closely now.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still pissed that Puskás Akadémia got into the EL, but now they have to prove me wrong.

I expect them to perform just as well as Honvéd, no excuses. They have to do their best! Now is the time to perform.

Honvéd and Vidi and FTC will be seeded, Puskás unseeded, of course.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's actually delighting news that Honvéd will be seeded, it is still unofficial but pretty obvious as it stands now.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The first qualifying round matched take place on 18/19th August. I will be swimming in Balaton, so I won't be attending any of these matched but I'll make sure to watch all of them.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Puskás' new signing: 24-year-old Joao Nunes from Pana.

So I guess bringing in young Hungarians is out of question. I forgive them if they go through the first and second round in the EL.

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
Puskás' new signing: 24-year-old Joao Nunes from Pana.

So I guess bringing in young Hungarians is out of question. I forgive them if they go through the first and second round in the EL.
And if they trade in the Puskás name (semmi köze hozzá) and call themselves Felcsút.

they are called Academy. so yes, makes sense not bringing up young Huns :D
:D(y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts