• my mistake 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:proud: :cool: :proud:

This evening, Old Diavolo here, for the occasion Presidente ;) after a rather busy day at work, met after a very long time, with his old buddy Giancarlo :shades: known among you mortals ;) as IL Barone :shades: Who is IL Barone :shades: one may wonder? IL Barone is no less than the chief of chiefs, the number one guy, the boss of bosses, The Godfather :stuckup: of the most famous Curva in the World :stuckup: The firsts ever to exist (1968) :proud: We invented modern Curva coreography :stuckup: something we should be proud of :proud:
Despite appereances, IL Presidente :stuckup: due to his shyness :embarass: dosen't like to ask for anything, least of all for tickests :stuckup: but, moved by the enourmous amount of passion by the ever growing devotees to the Devilhood :devil: that this Forum has the previlege of hosting :proud: I met with IL Barone :cool: in downtown Milano during the usual thursday evening meeting of Brigate Rossonere :shades: To my surprise, Il Barone, immediately reconized Old Diavolo here, despite all the years that we have not seen each other, and despite the bar being crowded with over 200 Milan fans, as soon as the meeting was over, he and all the other top shots of Brigate :shades: listened to what Il Presidente had to say :stuckup: :embarass: :stuckup: I told them simply that we are the number one Forum, within the biggest Football Forum on Earth :stuckup: I simply told them how incredible you lot are :proud: and how fortunate and proud us Milanese Milanisti should feel, for having a great deal of Deamons spread in and around the World :proud: He, as all the other guys of Brigate were indeed proud, and told me to salute you all :shades:
Obviously a couple of them will check if I spoke words of truth, or if I made all this up :cool: To cut all breef, despite the request of tickets being incredible, with both clubs having requests for over 300.000 tickets eack :eek: IL Barone, as the man of honour he is :shades: promised me 2 tickets for Milan vs Inter :eek: :shades: :eek:

Now, the 2 fortunate guys among you lot, that will have the privilege of buying thoese 2 tickets with no taut surcharge (but for maybe 10 Euros to be given to Brigate itself for funding the Coreography :shades: )
Who will they be? :smileani:

Happy hunt :shades:

P.S. Next week, possibly, a few of your posts will be read to all the members of Brigate Rossonere :shades: I suggest you post within this thread what Milan and Curva Sud means to you :stuckup: ;) :stuckup:

P.P.S. I will perhaps have a final word myself on whom the 2 lucky ones may be ;) On a persnal note, I would love greeting good old Payman aka San Siro for his first ever derby, but sadly, I believe his wife will not allow so :(

Forza Milan :devil:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
May I humbly suggest whoever manages to praise Billy the most and in the most elegant way gets to buy a ticket per default? Just a thought.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cacìni said:
May I humbly suggest whoever manages to praise Billy the most and in the most elegant way gets to buy a ticket per default? Just a thought.
Cacini's thoughts are always more than welcomed :shades:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Il Barone is indeed a legend and needs no introduction. Even though I live on different continent I have heard of the legend through some hardcore Milanisti here who have attended some memorable matches in CL and in the early 90's "Coppa Intercontinentale" and spread the 'word' about the quintessential Milanista "Il Barone".
The match would be honor to attend for most...unfortunately my chances of attending matches greatly diminished about 35 years ago when My Father sailed across the Atlantic and his offsprings being "Canadians" :(
However I am trying to fly into Milan the week-end to watch Milan-Juve on the 8th of May. Yes its a long trip..yes its a nice "chunk of change"..yes its nuts...but..
its Milan :stuckup:

P.S. Cacini ... the Billy contest?? I think a few people who know me here will chuckle when they hear someone asking me to praise Billy (where do I start..... :) )

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cacìni said:
On a more serious note (more serious than Billy :eekani: ), very nice iniative you got going here. Kudos :thmbup:
The least I could do, thanks for underlining it :thmbup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
acMilanMontreal said:
Il Barone is indeed a legend and needs no introduction. Even though I live on different continent I have heard of the legend through some hardcore Milanisti here who have attended some memorable matches in CL and in the early 90's "Coppa Intercontinentale" and spread the 'word' about the quintessential Milanista "Il Barone".
The match would be honor to attend for most...unfortunately my chances of attending matches greatly diminished about 35 years ago when My Father sailed across the Atlantic and his offsprings being "Canadians" :(
However I am trying to fly into Milan the week-end to watch Milan-Juve on the 8th of May. Yes its a long trip..yes its a nice "chunk of change"..yes its nuts...but..
its Milan :stuckup:

P.S. Cacini ... the Billy contest?? I think a few people who know me here will chuckle when they hear someone asking me to praise Billy (where do I start..... :) )
As I have the upmost respect for you Billy Boy :shades: I will do all I can to get a ticket for you, It's not a promise, but I will try :stuckup:

P.S. Obviously, a post on what Milan and Curva Sud both mean to you, perhaps would help ;)

·
Administrator
53,051 Posts
Cacìni said:
On a more serious note (more serious than Billy :eekani: ), very nice iniative you got going here. Kudos :thmbup:
I second that! :thumbsup: :star:

You'are unbelieveable Diavolo :)

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
As much as I would like to witness this mammoth of a tie live at the holy shrine of football, unfortunately my work schedule is pretty hectic till June :stress: so I'll have to give it a pass this time :depress:

But as Interisti will tell you, there's always next year :D

PS: Wonderful gesture by Prez :thumbsup: :star: Respect :proud:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
who the hell is Il Crapone?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I will do Diavolo..however, these are emotions or descriptions which require some contemplating and 'organizing one's thoughts/emotions'... :)

(stay tuned).

Can someone tell me why I can't seem to post pictures .. there is a picture I wanted to show the "brotherhood' ... some help ragazzi! (the manage att. link does not seem to work)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
A big kudos to you Presidente for this superb initiative!And saluti Al Barone e tutti i ragazzi della Curva!!!SIETE IMMENSI E SENZA RIVALI!!!!!!:stuckup::devil: :proud:

It's not that the wifey would not allow me. She has absolutely no say whatsoever in what I do or where I go!:stuckup: If she were to object, I'd kindly remind her that I have on my signature (and one of my cardinal rules in life!) is not vain words!:stuckup:

It is simply that my schedule is super mega tight and it'd be next to impossible for me to do that, but I'll see what I can do. The heart, soul and spirit are all saying in unisson: Vai Diavoletto, é una occazione unica, but it's the damn head that is presenting problems....:groan::sob: But never say never....:devil:

As to what Milan represent to me, in one word: TUTTO. :stuckup::heart: I had written a while ago, a small piece on what Milan represents to me and my life. Here's the link to it. Feel free to have read by Il Barone and the rest of the Brothers. And feel free to translate it into italian!:shades:

http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15606

As to Billy, there used to be the 4 Mousquetaires, now we have the 5 Mousquetaires:
Il Barone Liedholm :cool:,
Il Golden Boy :star:
Kaiser Franz, :heart:
Cuore di Drago :shades:
Super Billy :eekani:

Five men, or rather, 5 myths, 5 legends, 5 models not only for all of us, but for the whole world of football. They are the epitome of what makes this club, the best and most special in the world. It's not just a club, it's a family with very strong traditions and values. Values such as fidelity, faitfulfness, respect, love of the jersey, dedication to the same cause, a highly laudable and worthy cause: that of carrying high and with pride the colours of the Brotherhood all over the world in an unmistakenly and undelibile manner. In short, these are :devil: :proud: The 5 pillars of the Brotherhood. :devil::proud:

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!!!:star:
TUTTI AVANTI VERSO # 18 E # 7!!!!!:stuckup::proud: :devil::star:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Great initiative Diavolo :thmbup:
Living in the Caribbean, I can unfortunately not benefit from a ticket, but all kudos and respect to Il Barone. The coreography, singing at atmosphere created by the Brigate & friends can be fealt thru TV-screens around the world :devil:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
acMilanMontreal said:
I will do Diavolo..however, these are emotions or descriptions which require some contemplating and 'organizing one's thoughts/emotions'... :)

(stay tuned).

Can someone tell me why I can't seem to post pictures .. there is a picture I wanted to show the "brotherhood' ... some help ragazzi! (the manage att. link does not seem to work)
Billy,
To post a pic, do this:
- right click on the pick.
- copy image properties
- paste it on your post with this at the beginning and end of the pick's link:
for exemple:
http://www.calciofans.com/mercatino/rossoneri_siamo_Noi.jpg[/ img]

and that would give:
[img]http://www.calciofans.com/mercatino/rossoneri_siamo_Noi.jpg

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
10,195 Posts
Interesting thread, Luciano.

I may go to Italy for one of the euro derbies. As I'm currently broke I try hard to persuade my old man to sponsor a father-son trip. Quality time together, ya know ;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
The prelude is awesome! Amazing memory of Il Barone. :shades:

Had I known that Milan would be playing Inter in the QF I would've thought twice about going to that game. This game is way too tempting to not miss. After all you of all people gave a vivid description of how the city of Milano comes to a stand still for the Derby. And this ain't no regular season derby. This is a Euro Derby! :devil:

I am in two mind whether to bust my balls over going to this game as I have gone to the last one already inside a month. I'll do my bit for the Devilhood and Milan Ultras and write up the description you asked for. ;)

It is the least we Milan fans can do to repay the generosity offered by Il Barone even if most of us can't make the trip.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Grazie San Siro....

Allora, back on topic. I recently heard a 'Barone' story that Diavolo will appreciate. As I mentioned before, a few individuals that I know here have often travelled far and wide to watch our beloved Ragazzi from Japan to Athens. Today I was having espresso with one of them (my Father) and mentioned "Il Barone" from the Curva and his eyes lit up re-telling a story from the Milan - Sao Paolo final in Tokyo for the Intercontinental Cup..
He and his friends had arrived to the stadium early and hung the local club banner over the railing. Much later a not-so-friendly Milanista (does not happen often ;) ) came and draped his banner over it. My father protested and before things got ugly from out of nowhere "Il Barone" calmly walked over removed the 'not-so-friendly' guys banner folded it and handed it back to him and then told him: "Your not hanging your banner today." The guy was ticked but low and behold did not hang the banner during the match.
Later, as they spoke the gentleman introduced himself as "Giancarlo" and indicated to let him know if they needed any more help.

Not only a true Milanista but a true gentleman :star:

1 - 20 of 248 Posts